The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery Access and disconnect process?

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
Gone through the manual and searched the forum (Battery AND disconnect), and for the life of me I cannot seem to find details that outline the steps to fully disconnect the battery (and aux).
The manual simply says :
Disconnect the ground connections to the Battery Combiner.
Remove the Negative (-) terminal on both the Start and Auxiliary Battery. Never allow contact between the Battery cables and the conductive metal parts, for example, your Grenadier body.
Perform Service Work.

No pictures, drawings or images of where exactly.

Am I just numb or failing to properly Search

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
Gone through the manual and searched the forum (Battery AND disconnect), and for the life of me I cannot seem to find details that outline the steps to fully disconnect the battery (and aux).
The manual simply says :
Disconnect the ground connections to the Battery Combiner.
Remove the Negative (-) terminal on both the Start and Auxiliary Battery. Never allow contact between the Battery cables and the conductive metal parts, for example, your Grenadier body.
Perform Service Work.

No pictures, drawings or images of where exactly.

Am I just numb or failing to properly Search
You are not dumb, just another topic that is poorly documented.

All the basic information is there in what you posted. You could also remove the positive connections after the other things are done. I try and isolate the cables I remove, for example, put the exposed lugs (both positive and negative for extra caution) in a zip lock bag to stop accidental shorts. That also limits the chance of dropping a tool and causing an accidental short.

The Battery Combiner and batteries are all located under the rear seat (partially hidden by plastic covers). The Main battery should be on the driver's side, aux battery on the passenger's side for a LHD vehicle.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
You are not dumb, just another topic that is poorly documented.

All the basic information is there in what you posted. You could also remove the positive connections after the other things are done. I try and isolate the cables I remove, for example, put the exposed lugs (both positive and negative for extra caution) in a zip lock bag to stop accidental shorts. That also limits the chance of dropping a tool and causing an accidental short.

The Battery Combiner and batteries are all located under the rear seat (partially hidden by plastic covers). The Main battery should be on the driver's side, aux battery on the passenger's side for a LHD vehicle.
Thank you for the reply. Tis why I love the Community here.,
Ice Cream Friends GIF by Astroon

Back
Top Bottom