The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australian Roadside Assistance

Zorro

Contract Signed
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
Nice, I think I’ll also be keeping my RACQ roadside assist as well - over 40 years.

A back up for the back up’s backup. 😉

@Bobby Mac did they provide details of the level of cover supplied? Interesting to see if it’s comparable to the auto clubs base, mid or top tier covers.
Often (at least with NRMA), if you tell them you're with a new-car Roadside Assistance package then they will reduce the $$ massively for you during that period, without breaking your 40 years of service/ benefits. Worth looking into it - I've done it with NRMA (who were the contracted roadside mob used by Jeep anyway). Just ensures you keep your duration benefits once you the new-car period is over.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Often (at least with NRMA), if you tell them you're with a new-car Roadside Assistance package then they will reduce the $$ massively for you during that period, without breaking your 40 years of service/ benefits. Worth looking into it - I've done it with NRMA (who were the contracted roadside mob used by Jeep anyway). Just ensures you keep your duration benefits once you the new-car period is over.
Same with RACQ

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same with RACQ

Noted. For me it’ll come down to whether Ineos’ roadside assistance cover is as comprehensive as RaCQ’s Ultimate cover.
At the moment I pay for annual Ultra cover (mid tier) and upgrade it to Ultimate ( top tier with significant upgrades) for the remaining term when I do outback trips etc.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Noted. For me it’ll come down to whether Ineos’ roadside assistance cover is as comprehensive as RaCQ’s Ultimate cover.
At the moment I pay for annual Ultra cover (mid tier) and upgrade it to Ultimate ( top tier with significant upgrades) for the remaining term when I do outback trips etc.
I'll remember that!! Great idea👍

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to use this a couple of months ago when my main battery failed but the service was excellent. Prompt response and gave plenty of options from just a jump start to towing and accommodation with a hire car (we were 200km from home). We just needed a jump but after I did some testing and confirmed the battery was definitely faulty I made a second callout to have the vehicle towed to the dealer when we got home. No complaints.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can't seem to find my roadside assistance email - does anyone have a copy of the document they could share with me - TIA.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can't seem to find my roadside assistance email - does anyone have a copy of the document they could share with me - TIA.
Is this enough?RA.jpg

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
My privately-arranged roadside assistance (RAC WA - ultimate plus - $350) is also due, and i'm considering paying it just for the extra peace of mind in case the Ineos service disappoints.

$350 to increase the options for getting out of a future tricky situation...

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My privately-arranged roadside assistance (RAC WA - ultimate plus - $350) is also due, and i'm considering paying it just for the extra peace of mind in case the Ineos service disappoints.

$350 to increase the options for getting out of a future tricky situation...
I have had cause to use Ineos Roadside Assistance in. Australia. I found the service to be excellent and my experience helped me decide NOT to takeout assistance with other providers.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
I have had cause to use Ineos Roadside Assistance in. Australia. I found the service to be excellent and my experience helped me decide NOT to takeout assistance with other providers.
this is good to hear (y)

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just beware the fine print at the bottom of the page - there are some pretty severe limitations depending on where you wish to venture.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just beware the fine print at the bottom of the page - there are some pretty severe limitations depending on where you wish to venture.
That is absolutely true and care needs to be taken. As far as I can see most roadside assistance packages are limited in similar ways to the Ineos one (i.e. to roads where 2 WD recovery vehicles can go). The exception seems to be club 4x4, although even there the actual realities of getting a recovery vehicle into some areas can limit the practical effect of this coverage.

Back
Top Bottom