The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aussie 🇦🇺 bound Grenadiers in Zeebrugge!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
The amount of weight on the steel rims and also the full roof racks on a few, starts bells ringing... any suggestions?
Definitely road driving...roof racks maybe just an appetizer?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
The amount of weight on the steel rims and also the full roof racks on a few, starts bells ringing... any suggestions?
Definitely road driving...roof racks maybe just an appetizer?
Not sure what you mean?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean?
I can only think the ‘weight on the steel rims’ references the sizeable counter weight for wheel balance that can be seen on the steel rim on more than one vehicle.

As for the other comments… I’m not sure either 🙂

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean?
I can only think the ‘weight on the steel rims’ references the sizeable counter weight for wheel balance that can be seen on the steel rim on more than one vehicle.

As for the other comments… I’m not sure either 🙂
Neither do I!
Sorry guys, I was talking to myself, yes it is the wheel balance weight that points to driving on bitumen at speed and just curious about the amount of full roof racks...media cars or just showing us Aussies what the setup can look like...happy motoring

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just spoke to my selected agent, who still doesn't know much really - Ineos not that forthcoming with information apparently.

The plan has been that in November - INEOS will be launching the Grenadier in OZ.
Each agency will then hopefully have a demonstrator vehicle - PTO3 - which will be road legal.
Media advertising etc etc will then commence.
At this stage, the ordering process will still be via the website, but orders will also be able to be taken by the agency directly.

That was the plan, hopefully these ones in the photos will be part of that process. Hopefully there will be more than these ones on their way to OZ though, otherwise there will be some unhappy "Agents".

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked Ineos support this morning what is currently coming down the production line - PTO3, LS1..?

To their credit I’ve already received a response today. They don’t know, but they have asked the Production team the question and will get back to me.

My 2c, with only guess work and a long chat at the Sydney 4x4 show with Justin (who was very kind with his time, thank you Justin)…I think the pics Justin H posted on his LinkedIn are LS1 (Launch Series 1) demonstrator vehicles with final spec that are road worthy and bound for dealers. As DaveB previously attributed, these will not be available for public resale, but maybe later though. This also lines up with Davman’s post above. The timeframes of November were mentioned.

There was mention at Syd 4x4 of a LS2 to follow briefly after LS1 as the final sign off before customer builds commence. The pics and Davman’s conversation make me quietly confident things are heading in the right direction.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware we haven't seen any photos of PTO3 vehicles ~ or at least sign written as such.

As far back as March PTO3 vehicles were intended to be the demo fleet:

"Following those, the plant will build the final PTO3 models, which Tennant says will be saleable vehicles although, they most will be used as demonstrators for the global network of dealers and sales agents."

[AMS magazine, Ineos prepares for production
By Mark Smyth | 10 March 2022]

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
It is possible to stay on topic, except for the ones that grew up with ADD or the generation of ADD (the smartphone gen). ;)

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just spoke to my selected agent, who still doesn't know much really - Ineos not that forthcoming with information apparently.

The plan has been that in November - INEOS will be launching the Grenadier in OZ.
Each agency will then hopefully have a demonstrator vehicle - PTO3 - which will be road legal.
Media advertising etc etc will then commence.
At this stage, the ordering process will still be via the website, but orders will also be able to be taken by the agency directly.

That was the plan, hopefully these ones in the photos will be part of that process. Hopefully there will be more than these ones on their way to OZ though, otherwise there will be some unhappy "Agents".
I received a lengthy generic email (unprompted) from my Ineos Dealer in Sydney (Aust) today. It also confirmed a November intended launch date and that demonstrator cars are on their way to the dealer.

Getting a little bit more excited now.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
I too recieved an unprompted email from my dealer today letting me know that they have the Ineos portal up and running and they can see my order sitting in the system.
Baby steps, but i will take what i can get at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom