The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aussie 🇦🇺 bound Grenadiers in Zeebrugge!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Utility belts lasts are not suitable for Belstaff jackets. The waistband gets all dirty. More for the Navigators miniskirts.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
So back on topic.

Anyone who's ever bought a Tesla will know the "fun" of identifying the ship it's been loaded on, and then using one of the online trackers to watch it's progress.

In the background on the Zeebrugge port photo is a Large Car and Truck Carrier (LCTC) operated by Wallenius Wilhelmsen. From looking at the sailing schedules, one of these, TIJUCA, left Zeebrugge on the evening of the 6th October and is due in Brisbane on 30th November and Melbourne on 4th December.

Screenshot_20221015_095033_com.android.chrome.jpg

Currently located :

Screenshot_20221015_095323.jpg

Of course, there's other vessels the vehicles may have sailed on. The TYSLA, sailed on 13th October, due Melbourne on 9th December.

It would be nice to get the vessel name from Ineos. It would complement the owners journey described in the recent article here:

To that end, I've contacted Claire to ask if she's willing to share the info.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
From my sleuthing, TIJUCA is travelling from Southampton to Baltimore.
TYSLA is about to enter the English channel.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Possibly part if not all of the 18 indicated on their way...

"Hocevar confirmed that there are another 18 PTO2 vehicles on the way to Australia, which will be pressed into duty as local event marketing vehicles, demonstrators and press vehicles."
We have spies in this forum...thank you...happy motoring

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked Ineos support this morning what is currently coming down the production line - PTO3, LS1..?

To their credit I’ve already received a response today. They don’t know, but they have asked the Production team the question and will get back to me.

My 2c, with only guess work and a long chat at the Sydney 4x4 show with Justin (who was very kind with his time, thank you Justin)…I think the pics Justin H posted on his LinkedIn are LS1 (Launch Series 1) demonstrator vehicles with final spec that are road worthy and bound for dealers. As DaveB previously attributed, these will not be available for public resale, but maybe later though. This also lines up with Davman’s post above. The timeframes of November were mentioned.

There was mention at Syd 4x4 of a LS2 to follow briefly after LS1 as the final sign off before customer builds commence. The pics and Davman’s conversation make me quietly confident things are heading in the right direction.

To close the loop…

I received today the response from Ineos regarding my question above as to what is coming down the production line - PTO3, LS1, etc. (they did get back to me a few times since my initial question to let me know they were still chasing).

Response:
“The first INEOS Grenadier has rolled off the assembly line in Hambach with customer deliveries to start in December. Regarding your inquiry about the stages of post PTO2, the production team replied that we have: PTO2 – LS1 – LS2 and Production.”

I’ve responded today and asked if LS1 is rolling down the production line currently.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PTO2 – LS1 – LS2 and Production.”

that fits with what the Ineos man at Firle Place Uk said yesterday. He said there will be 2 more versions before production and those versions will be rolled out 'quickly'. Afraid wasn't able to quantify quickly.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS told me yesterday that the line is producing approximately 20 cars each day until end of November.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
PTO2 – LS1 – LS2 and Production.”

that fits with what the Ineos man at Firle Place Uk said yesterday. He said there will be 2 more versions before production and those versions will be rolled out 'quickly'. Afraid wasn't able to quantify quickly.
Given that Mark Tennant has said customer cars will start being built in October, then the LS1 & LS2 would seem to be very short & limited runs.

Reactions: PBD

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To close the loop…

I received today the response from Ineos regarding my question above as to what is coming down the production line - PTO3, LS1, etc. (they did get back to me a few times since my initial question to let me know they were still chasing).

Response:
“The first INEOS Grenadier has rolled off the assembly line in Hambach with customer deliveries to start in December. Regarding your inquiry about the stages of post PTO2, the production team replied that we have: PTO2 – LS1 – LS2 and Production.”

I’ve responded today and asked if LS1 is rolling down the production line currently.

After quite a few interactions with Ineos support since my post a ‘sort of’ answer has been provided to me this morning.

Ineos support: “We were calling them LS1-LS2, but then it has changed to PTO-3”. PTO-3 is using “the production process and using A grade finish materials.”

Not quite what I was initially after, but does let us know that PTO-3 came off the production line.

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are the front bumpers on the Aussie spec models, all steel or steel where the bull bars attach and plastic at the ends. 🤔

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And to update.

She's transiting Panama now

Yes, I was going to update once she was clear of the final lock gates.

Of course it was only a guess on this vessel. No real response from the Ineos Brand Manager as to whether any Grenadiers are aboard this or even the alternate sailing a little behind.

Back
Top Bottom