The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos ASPW drives the Grenadier

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332723590]After having seen the latest videos of ASPW, I find them a bit boring.

The build of his current vehicle was interesting. But now, that everything is done and complete, what to talk about? I think, he has to come up with something new on the medium to long term. The patreons want food.

So I wouldn't be surprised if he'd come up with more Grenadier videos - maybe even buy one?

What do you think?[/QUOTE] He said in one of his video's that he was going to buy one

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Spjnr userid=8443805 postid=1332723775]I enjoy his build videos as well, but when they're not being used to their potential, the money and effort being pumped into them seems wasted.

I have no doubt he will get his hands on a Grenadier, as it ticks so many boxes. It may not be quite the "dedicated overlander" as the LC78 'troopy', but its a far more practical as an everyday/ dual purpose vehicle. More comparable to the 76.

He spoke before about possibly doing a desert trip in a New defender, but not sure whats happened to that idea?[/QUOTE]
He said there were too many things on the new Defender that could fail and he didn't think it was a desert vehicle. 

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Tazzieman userid=8441415 postid=1332709589]
I doubt that much difference. You might be very surprised.  It's the tyre that's the heavy bit. Well heavy is all relative to how strong you are ;

A

Andy

I did some calculations based on the average weight of alloys vs steel    You also need to take into account BFG K02 vs standard AT

5 X alloy rims = 54kg   saving of 13.5kg 
5 x steel rims 67.5kg
5 times stock tyres = 107.50kg
5 tim K02s tyres = 112.50kg   increase of 5kg 

The overall weight saving for 5 alloy wheels with BFG tyres is  8.5 kg due to an extra 5kg for the 5 tyres.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How concerned does one need to be with the weight factor. I've spec'd my IG as Trialmaster with steel wheels, front and side Roo bars, roof rack ontop and periodically a popup tent (tbc).

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=crimson userid=8972094 postid=1333116090]How concerned does one need to be with the weight factor. I've spec'd my IG as Trialmaster with steel wheels, front and side Roo bars, roof rack ontop and periodically a popup tent (tbc).
[/QUOTE]
Look up the weight of the vehicle option you’re choosing in your country specific brochure. Then subtract that from the GVM listed in the catalogue. That’s how much weight you can carry. Then take off ~100kg for the roo and brush bars.

You will need to work out how much your RTT weighs as they can vary a lot.

if you suspect you’re getting even remotely near your GVM google/bing whatever for public weigh stations in your area and find out for sure.  

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It might come down to how much water/fuel you need for your trip.Even so , I intend to be comfortably within the GVM for touring with steelies , a rooftop tent , with bullbar and eventual winch.Just add up all the ancillaries you feel you need , and as mentioned visit a weighbridge and if necessary then see what isn't essential!

Back
Top Bottom