The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone do anything creative with the hanger holes?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
I'd be willing to pay a reasonable sum just for the measurements. I'll get someone somewhere to CNC or lathe or something. My dad is 84 and has a hell of a time getting in. We're using a leather strap looped around the existing grab rail because he's too short to grab the handle. It's far from ideal. I've ordered the leather straps in the OP from Etsy Australia in bourbon brown leather (hoping they are close to the saddle brown package I have in mine) and they've already shipped. I just need a sturdy way to mount it to the slot.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would stacked washers of increasing diameters and double nuts on a sturdy bolt work? Just spitballing....

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Would stacked washers of increasing diameters and double nuts on a sturdy bolt work? Just spitballing....
Probably. The perfect washer that would fit might not be a standard size, looking at the smaller entry hole and the slot width which would be the thread or shaft diameter. Another idea is to use a carriage bolt, and measure the slot width to determine the bolt size, but you may have to remove some material from the head diameter to fit in the opening.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Riffing on the @AnD3rew butt plug here is a simple plug that takes an M6 bolt. Can be used to mount anything your heart desires, the bolt can insert from the rear (a JCB bolt as shown is ideal) or you can insert from the front and use up to a 16mm washer and nut to secure. If you are worried about the strength of the 3D printed plug the nut & washer would capture the load if it failed (which it should not if printed solid or with high infill level, it feels strong as). Bolt in picture is 30mm long, here is the file:

https://www.printables.com/model/704881-mounting-plug-for-ineos-grenadier-barrier-hanger-h

IG Plug 4.jpgIG Plug 5.jpgIG Plug 1.jpg

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Riffing on the @AnD3rew butt plug here is a simple plug that takes an M6 bolt. Can be used to mount anything your heart desires, the bolt can insert from the rear (a JCB bolt as shown is ideal) or you can insert from the front and use up to a 16mm washer and nut to secure. If you are worried about the strength of the 3D printed plug the nut & washer would capture the load if it failed (which it should not if printed solid or with high infill level, it feels strong as). Bolt in picture is 30mm long, here is the file:

https://www.printables.com/model/704881-mounting-plug-for-ineos-grenadier-barrier-hanger-h

View attachment 7838266View attachment 7838267View attachment 7838268
Thank you, thank you and thank you! Exactly what I needed. I don't know what program to use nor how to use any CAD / etc programs, so I'm at other's mercy and generosity for what I can print.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you and thank you! Exactly what I needed. I don't know what program to use nor how to use any CAD / etc programs, so I'm at other's mercy and generosity for what I can print.
Tinkercad is pretty fun to play with.

I just had our STEM teacher print one off for me and I think these are perfect!!! I'll probably do the leather strap thing from etsy. What color best matched the IG saddle package? The "saddle" leather shown seems too light.

1704294271213.png

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I just had our STEM teacher print one off for me and I think these are perfect!!! I'll probably do the leather strap thing from etsy. What color best matched the IG saddle package? The "saddle" leather shown seems too light.

View attachment 7838285
Go to Kohls and buy a cheap leather belt. I used to keep old belts in my garage for kids projects (like a Captain America shield) but just threw them all out o_O

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7838285
I have whisky, it’s not bad, but not perfect could be a little redder. Would be interested to see what Cognac looked like.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have whisky, it’s not bad, but not perfect could be a little redder. Would be interested to see what Cognac looked like.
I have the cognac on order, should be here within a week so will post a pic when it arrives.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered the Etsy straps from Ausland in Whisky.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bump for leather color matching updates.

Back
Top Bottom