The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any reviews of Paint Quality?

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Hmm, no help here. Never waxed a truck before. Ours live off road so they always have a nice mud coating.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm generally sceptical of the worth of ceramic coating but I was persuaded to have it on the Grenadier and don't regret it. The paintwork looks and feels superb.
Ceramic coating is excellent as long as you are realistic about what it can do. It basically replaces regular waxing, it gives a nice sheen, and helps protect against things like bird droppings and sap that can eat into the surface of the paint and help bead water so it looks good for longer after a wash.

What it won’t do is protect significantly against physical damage like bush striping from trees and bushes or hail etc.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Ceramic coating is excellent as long as you are realistic about what it can do. It basically replaces regular waxing, it gives a nice sheen, and helps protect against things like bird droppings and sap that can eat into the surface of the paint and help bead water so it looks good for longer after a wash.

What it won’t do is protect significantly against physical damage like bush striping from trees and bushes or hail etc.
Don’t forget it is one of the scam up charges the dealers are trying to get away with to get around their IA agreement regarding preorders.

Some of these dealers have a few hundred cars pre sold. That’s a lot of dealer added up charges .

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t forget it is one of the scam up charges the dealers are trying to get away with to get around their IA agreement regarding preorders.

Some of these dealers have a few hundred cars pre sold. That’s a lot of dealer added up charges .
All dealers offer these extras on any car and they do make, let’s say, a “healthy” profit on them, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a scam, but you can probably get a better deal and possibly a better product independently aftermarket

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
All dealers offer these extras on any car and they do make, let’s say, a “healthy” profit on them, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a scam, but you can probably get a better deal and possibly a better product independently aftermarket
Buyers are reporting they never had a choice in the matter.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Buyers are reporting they never had a choice in the matter.
That would be unconscionable if true on a new vehicle order unless states upfront at time of order.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That would be unconscionable if true on a new vehicle order unless states upfront at time of order.

But clearly from the comments and attitude of US buyers to US car sellers, they are a special breed over there.
We wouldn’t cop it from a dealer in Oz, but like I said, a special breed.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
I like Meguier's Hybrid Ceramic Wax for a number of reasons.
Lasts for approximately 6 months or longer. I have seen some test reviewers go out over 1 year for protection.
Very easy to apply - I recommend applying first coat straight out of the bottle.
Can use on whole vehicle including glass and trim and most importantly will not turn plastics or rubber white,
(as always try a small test spot on your own vehicles plastic and rubber and L-Track rails first).
Unlike a true 100% ceramic, it is easy to apply and easy to remove.
After watching many detailers and long term testers review the product I found it most interesting
that many had a bias towards niche expensive products and that when they reviewed Meguier's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
they almost were trying to find fault or not like it and at the end had to admit it was an incredible product.
A bonus is that a lot goes a long way making it a good value too.
DaBull
My experience with Maguire’s has always been extremely positive. I have never been disappointed with a Meguire’s product although, strangely I find myself purchasing Bilt Hamber auto products the most. I think the main reason being; They are UK based, good value and superb reputation.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Right on this site within some of the pick up experience threads.
I must have missed that - I do not recall anyone saying the had forced upon them anything (bar some dicky doc fees).

To everyone - If you have had this happen please let is know what you were "sold" (again, barring doc fees) something you had no choice in - and your dealer.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if the dealer ceramic “add-ons” were for non-ordered vehicles where the dealers are trying to increase profit a little without doing a blatant market adjustment mark up. That sounds more plausible than adding it to a pre-ordered truck.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I must have missed that - I do not recall anyone saying the had forced upon them anything (bar some dicky doc fees).

To everyone - If you have had this happen please let is know what you were "sold" (again, barring doc fees) something you had no choice in - and your dealer.
FWIW, I got the impression a dealer had the car ceracoated before the orderer ever saw it. Upon arrival the orderer was told they do that to every one.
Perhaps I misread, and the orderer ordered the dealer added treatment after their sale agreement.

It’s not something I’m interested in because my ride is getting wrapped after pickup.
I try to follow customer/dealer reports pretty closely.

Back
Top Bottom