The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any reviews of Paint Quality?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Mine looks very good. No concerns so far. The paint finish itself is superb.

Reactions: PBD

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
I always assumed the doors were painted separately and assembled to a painted body. It appears from the pics and from how I’m reading some posts that the vehicle is painted after the doors are attached to the body?…learn something new everyday.

I can see how hinges would have missed spots.

Reactions: PBD

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
From those pics, I bet it would be hard to see those defects (missing paint around hinges) on a dark colour Grenadier.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know the thickness (microns) of the paint on the side, roof and bonnet panels, if any owners have a paint gauge.

Usually somewhere between 90 -120 microns is the norm, depending on the quality of the car.
Just bumping this idea as I’m curious as well. Not that it makes a huge difference, but knowing this thickness would give some indication of the ability to resist rock chips or to buff out pinstripes, etc. Anyone out there with both access to a Gren and a paint thickness gauge/meter?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
I don't have a paint meter but I have a Gren and I can confirm that the paint quality is good (8/10) but from a finish perspective there is a slight "orange peel" effect - like what one would see on cars from the 1960's

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Mine are fine and also had ceramic coated to protect mine was registred today on 73 plate will pick up on the 20th when I am back home as currently overseas

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery three weeks ago and just noticed some blue ‘splashes’ on the sterling silver and they don’t seem to polish out. Had the Autoglm LifeShine applied by the dealer. Anyone any ideas what this can be and how to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_5204.jpeg
    IMG_5204.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery three weeks ago and just noticed some blue ‘splashes’ on the sterling silver and they don’t seem to polish out. Had the Autoglm LifeShine applied by the dealer. Anyone any ideas what this can be and how to fix it?
Very odd - hope you get it sorted soon!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I once had similar colour stains on a classic Land Rover. I got rid of them with Sonax Polish Wax 3.

Attachments

• 7FFB7A3C-5100-48D9-9319-90684D9F214F.jpeg
    7FFB7A3C-5100-48D9-9319-90684D9F214F.jpeg
    961.7 KB · Views: 51

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The paint quality is excellent on my Scottish White Trialmaster. I am contemplating giving it a proper cleaning and putting a good old-fashioned coat of carnauba paste wax on it. The dealer offered a ceramic wax that I declined. Does anyone have an opinion or advice on how to best protect the paint ?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The paint quality is excellent on my Scottish White Trialmaster. I am contemplating giving it a proper cleaning and putting a good old-fashioned coat of carnauba paste wax on it. The dealer offered a ceramic wax that I declined. Does anyone have an opinion or advice on how to best protect the paint ?
So far, I have treated all my vehicles exclusively by hand with carnauba wax and have always been very satisfied. I will also use it for the Grenadier.

Reactions: CJV

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like Meguier's Hybrid Ceramic Wax for a number of reasons.
Lasts for approximately 6 months or longer. I have seen some test reviewers go out over 1 year for protection.
Very easy to apply - I recommend applying first coat straight out of the bottle.
Can use on whole vehicle including glass and trim and most importantly will not turn plastics or rubber white,
(as always try a small test spot on your own vehicles plastic and rubber and L-Track rails first).
Unlike a true 100% ceramic, it is easy to apply and easy to remove.
After watching many detailers and long term testers review the product I found it most interesting
that many had a bias towards niche expensive products and that when they reviewed Meguier's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
they almost were trying to find fault or not like it and at the end had to admit it was an incredible product.
A bonus is that a lot goes a long way making it a good value too.
DaBull

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I don’t care how showroom clean or shiny my vehicle is but I do want some protection from daily urban and bush scratches … do the old waxes or new ceramics win? I’m hoping to avoid very expensive PPF solutions.

In my world, some duffles or branches are just gonna get dragged down the side from time to time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
If I don’t care how showroom clean or shiny my vehicle is but I do want some protection from daily urban and bush scratches … do the old waxes or new ceramics win? I’m hoping to avoid very expensive PPF solutions.

In my world, some duffles or branches are just gonna get dragged down the side from time to time. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Bushwrapz kit (sides only) I had installed was very reasonably priced. You would have to import the kit and if not DIY , find an installer. My installer reckoned it would last closer to 10 than 5 years given my climate.
I need to find a wax that is guaranteed to repel sap and insect crap from eucalypts. My vehicle lives outside. I don't mind dirt but I dislike scrubbing stubborn sap etc off or using harsh chemicals.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah, the Grenadier is a bus.
I’ll be cringing on my first trip down a “UP car wash” (overgrown 2 track)

I’m having the sides and all leading edges faux carbon fiber wrapped.

Back
Top Bottom