The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any point in reserving now or too late for 2023?

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Wondering if there’s any point of doing a reservation now. Saw a thread on Reddit that they’re sending 600 to the US in 2023 and basically only “early hand raisers” will be in that group. Congrats to those with a low reservation number. Assuming reservations now will mean 2024 (or beyond?). 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
You raise a good point Will, I'm assuming that only a certain % of the people who reserved before the general reservations were open fully intend on purchasing, and will pull out at some point. Also you'll have the natural wastage of people whose priorities change etc. 

Also they indicated that deposits may be transferable I think, in that case we can put up a reservation transfer section on the forum if there's demand for it to put A and B together, depending on how INEOS make the conditions for transfer.

I'm sure, and would hope that the people who did reserve would want the vehicle to go to an enthusiast rather than just some random. But you never know with people, they're strange things...

If you want one, and want it as soon as possible then I'd say put down a deposit. You never know.

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Great info, Stu. I just reserved. Perhaps I’ll get lucky and some other soul who decides not to go through with purchase will transfer their reservation. Currently I’m number: 0005274908

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Nice ,there's only 5.2 million orders before yours.

You'll be driving in no time.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
HouseMD said:
Optimism….I like it. ;-)

At least they should have all the early production kinks worked out for you by then...

Elson

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
You're in the boat! That's the main thing. As it's been said, it may be that with people dropping out and with the wastage of reservations, that people will move up and through the queues, time will tell how effective that is.

I could've sworn that the livestream said that only 2500 were heading to the UK in year 1 as well, so it may be that nearly all of the UK orders have been placed from early hand raisers if that's the case.

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Elson said:
You're in the boat! That's the main thing. As it's been said, it may be that with people dropping out and with the wastage of reservations, that people will move up and through the queues, time will tell how effective that is.

I could've sworn that the livestream said that only 2500 were heading to the UK in year 1 as well, so it may be that nearly all of the UK orders have been placed from early hand raisers if that's the case.

Good points all. This vehicle certainly isn't a "need," but if offered the chance we will absolutely purchase one. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Planning on enjoying the show and the journey along the way regardless. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
I want to reserve one but I am concerned that I will be forced to buy before I am ready.
The earliest I want to buy one is late December or early January. 
Delivery can be anytime from April 2023 onwards but preferably not before as that is when my existing car loan ends.
Does anyone know what happens if you reserve one and then want to delay the order?

Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
Unless you are n Europe or the Middle East, I doubt very much you will have a problem wth a timeline.  Coming from a US customer that has orders for the Rivian R1T, Bronco, Cybertruck, and Hummer EV since very early in the process only to see target dates come and pass on numerous occasions, I think it is anyone’s guess to the reality of when one might actually take delivery of a vehicle.  The silver lining of my delays are now Grenadier is added to my list.  My gut tells me my Bronco Badlands Sasquatch will arrive first and serve as a bridge to the Grenadier.  I am super excited for the Grenadier and R1T but am apprehensive about where they might be serviced and how I might get parts when traveling.  We are close to being empty-nester and have focused on our 3 kids most of our lives.  Now we hope to eventually travel off the beaten path in a Grenadier and R1T.  I am more worried about delays than them calling early.  

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
At the recent DC viewing event, it was said that US reservations are likely to close by June, but that if you have a reservation in place, you will get a Grenadier in 2023.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just found out in Australia delivery is expected about 5 months after you place the order and they are expecting to start taking orders around September at the earliest.  Although this is only rumour not confirmed. 

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I just found out in Australia delivery is expected about 5 months after you place the order and they are expecting to start taking orders around September at the earliest.  Although this is only rumour not confirmed. 

I thought here in Australia we are going to start placing our orders later this month with delivery time probably November - December... 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
A reservation is not an order. You can cancel your reservation any time and get a full refund. So just do it, it won't hurt.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Red pepper userid=8373838 postid=1332302330]

I thought here in Australia we are going to start placing our orders later this month with delivery time probably November - December... [/QUOTE]
I was told by the local distributor that they would not have demo versions of the production vehicle until September and they were not expecting to take orders until then. Once you are contacted to place an order, if you have one reserved,  you have to deposit the balance of $AUD 5,000. it would be 4-6 weeks from then until the vehicle is built and then 3 months to get to Australia. Once again this wasn't an official comment just a discussion.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just had a good update from our local distributor in Australia
 The Configurator will be updated in the next 1-2 weeks and should have prices. 
People who have reserved one will be contacted by email in 1- 2 months to firm up their selection and place the balance of the deposit AUD$4,200 after the AUD$800 was already paid. 
Orders will be based on whoever pays their full deposit first not who reserved it first although you should receive the emails based on who reserved it first.
Deliveries will start  arriving late 2022

They will receive 3 early production units ( I assume one each 2 & 5 utility & 5 seat wagon) in July so they can start developing local modifications and accessories. 
These units will be updated to full production spec and become their demo and test drive units.

As they build expedition vehicles now  he said they will have lift kits, roof racks and tents lighting and interior fitout. 
He said as an engineering company they are extremely impressed with the vehicle and the support they are getting.
The 3D modelling is allowing them to start on their designs already.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
All good news ? 

I'm going to a dealer preview in London at the weekend, so will ask them about timing too. Wonder if the UK dates will align with the Australian ones, or be slightly ahead? 

Really great  hearing about the support ineos is providing the aftermarket. The engineering truly is impressive,  anyone still on the fence about this vehicle really should get a long to an event and climb underneath one! 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
Yeah that industry knowledge from a dealer really helps when it comes to aftersales support etc. In the UK closest thing we have to that so far is agricultural dealers jumping on board.

Back
Top Bottom