The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alarm going off during the night.

jameo84

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
Having a load more problems with the car after the software update. This is my First new car and I’m somewhat disappointed that I have new problems every week with it.

The alarm in now going off in the middle of the night. 3 times so far and it’s almost 6am so I guess that’s me up for the day.
Other fresh problems I’m having if anyone can shed some light on them.
We know how helpful the dealers can be.
Any answers or solutions to any or these issues.

-Bootwash on the passenger door.
-Seatbelt warning for all 5 seats.
-Drivers door always open Fault
-Car won’t take away thinks not still/rolling.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_2470.jpeg
    IMG_2470.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
About the alarm, check your battery. If this is getting to low on charge it could set off the alarm. I had a faulty battery. After replacement no problems anymore. (I have a single battery system. If you have the dual battery system, than read the second possible reason)
Second possible reason: Your cat is sleeping on your car keys and set off the alarm by pushing the panic button. 🐈‍⬛

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Having a load more problems with the car after the software update. This is my First new car and I’m somewhat disappointed that I have new problems every week with it.

The alarm in now going off in the middle of the night. 3 times so far and it’s almost 6am so I guess that’s me up for the day.

Maybe just maybe someone is out there messing around with your rig!

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just had the same happen to me overnight at around 1:00am. It's the anti-theft alarm (sounds like a police car siren in the US), which is different than the panic alarm (repetitive loud horn beeps). In doing some searches on the forum it looks like @DaveB also has/had a similar issue, but might be mitigated by manually locking the doors (actually inserting the key into the driver door and turning clockwise to manually lock). I'm going to test this theory out moving forward, as I'd like to not make any more of an enemy (than I already am) to my neighbors. I also just emailed my dealer (RDS) 1.) to document the issue, 2.) to see if they have any solutions to resolve this. Also, I have all of my recovery gear (from the Red Winches Recovery Kit - an accessory available through Ineos) stored in the spare tire storage - perhaps the weight of that is creating enough movement in the rear door to trip the sensor? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, I have all of my recovery gear (from the Red Winches Recovery Kit - an accessory available through Ineos) stored in the spare tire storage - perhaps the weight of that is creating enough movement in the rear door to trip the sensor? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
My spare tire storage is literally packed full of recovery gear, no motion to be seen with the door

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine did this a couple of times, I think the cause was possibly damp inside the door. the problem co-incided with an issue where I couldn't lock the car and the car thinking that the door was open. I sprayed water dispersant into the door lock area and haven't had the issue since. We had had 3 weeks of rain at the time and I think moisture had got inside the door, possibly past the bottom window seal.
The alarm issue is possibly caused by the damp giving a false signal that the door has been opened...

Was yours after heavy rain?
This is just a theory, but it makes sense to me....

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine did this a couple of times, I think the cause was possibly damp inside the door. the problem co-incided with an issue where I couldn't lock the car and the car thinking that the door was open. I sprayed water dispersant into the door lock area and haven't had the issue since. We had had 3 weeks of rain at the time and I think moisture had got inside the door, possibly past the bottom window seal.
The alarm issue is possibly caused by the damp giving a false signal that the door has been opened...

Was yours after heavy rain?
This is just a theory, but it makes sense to me....
Thanks for your reply and it’s a good thought. We’ve definitely had some heavy t-storms and rain in this area lately, but I can’t say that the alarm coincided with the storms. Also, I haven’t had any issues locking the vehicle.

Other thought is that my drive where I park is slightly sloped towards the street and I typically back in, so the nose of the vehicle is to the street. Not sure if the slope has something to do with it? I always pull the parking brake lever, but maybe the grenadier moves ever so slightly until it is up against the parking gear.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Other thought is that my drive where I park is slightly sloped towards the street and I typically back in, so the nose of the vehicle is to the street. Not sure if the slope has something to do with it? I always pull the parking brake lever, but maybe the grenadier moves ever so slightly until it is up against the parking gear.
I don't believe the alarm has a motion trigger, only a door opening trigger... As always, happy to be proven wrong here.

Perhaps there is a door sensor that (for whatever reason) momentarily loses connection?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't believe the alarm has a motion trigger, only a door opening trigger... As always, happy to be proven wrong here.

Perhaps there is a door sensor that (for whatever reason) momentarily loses connection?
It has a motion trigger, well the UK version does.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Those faults seem to indicate that one or all the doors are registing as still open.
The alarm seems to be sensing that as well.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The door sensors are sensitive as many of you will know as the vehicle fails to drive off unless its slammed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
I just had the same happen to me overnight at around 1:00am. It's the anti-theft alarm (sounds like a police car siren in the US), which is different than the panic alarm (repetitive loud horn beeps). In doing some searches on the forum it looks like @DaveB also has/had a similar issue, but might be mitigated by manually locking the doors (actually inserting the key into the driver door and turning clockwise to manually lock). I'm going to test this theory out moving forward, as I'd like to not make any more of an enemy (than I already am) to my neighbors. I also just emailed my dealer (RDS) 1.) to document the issue, 2.) to see if they have any solutions to resolve this. Also, I have all of my recovery gear (from the Red Winches Recovery Kit - an accessory available through Ineos) stored in the spare tire storage - perhaps the weight of that is creating enough movement in the rear door to trip the sensor? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Mine still has the problem and Ineos tell me it is the rear door sensor that needs adjustment.
The dealer tells me it is the rear door latch that needs adjustment.
Either way the vehicle is booked in for it's first service on 23rd May and I have asked the dealer top adjust anything and everything to resolve the problem.

Back
Top Bottom