The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Aftermarket alarm system?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
What aftermarket alarm system are you planning to install in your Grenadier. I'm looking at the Compustar Pro T13 with remote start.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
What security system is on them to begin with? The build sheet says “Anti-theft Alarm & Immobiliser” & “Andvanced Anti-theft Alarm & Immobiliser“

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What security system is on them to begin with? The build sheet says “Anti-theft Alarm & Immobiliser” & “Andvanced Anti-theft Alarm & Immobiliser“
I haven't been able to find details.

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I've been pretend worried that someone is going to be envious enough over my sweet ride to take it. Not an actual worry yet since I have to take delivery BEFORE theft becomes and issue BUT I'm a planner so been thinking on the issue. Back when I was going to get a jeep before I knew about the Grenadier I was looking heavily at the Ravelco lock system. Anyone have any experience with them in general or better yet on a Grenadier?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If someone wants to go through the hassle of stealing it, then I'd rather never see it again, thus the factory alarm sounds just fine to me.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My installer couldn't wire a Compustar system. They said they will need a wiring diagram. They were unable to locate the BCM.

silvester3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking of getting the Ravelco kill switch installed.
Anyone else had this done - and reviews / pros / cons after living with it for a while ?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking of getting the Ravelco kill switch installed.
Anyone else had this done - and reviews / pros / cons after living with it for a while ?
I had to Google it as I've never heard of it...

My personal feeling is that if someone wants it badly enough, they'll take it no matter what.

I'm probably in the minority, but if my vehicle is stolen, I'd never want to see it again

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Aftermarket alarms are terrifying, one of the most common off-road break downs. Once helped a guy rip his entire system out at a camp site on the Dusy/Ershim.

Back
Top Bottom