The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket 2/3 roof rack already available

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
I don't know?! I searched my own threads and it's not there. Maybe it got folded into the vendor section somehow?
I looked everywhere. It seems to be gone. Still think it would be good to have a thread just collecting names of made to measure after market options especially for the Grenadier. (like Black Sheep now)

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
A fullday of corrugations with that weight would destroy those plastic loops holding the pipe in place, I’d guarantee it.

Bitumen and dirt road work maybe though but I wouldn’t do anything rough.
Hi just to add
I doubt were looking at plastic fittings, have a look at "Nylon" used extensively in industry, very strong, machinable, self lubricating, impact resistant, heat and cold resistant
and much, much more. Readily available, not expensive, different colours and many formats available.
Have a look at this for example thttps://www.pressreleasefinder.com/Quadrant_EPP/QEPPPR065/en/

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think it's on one of the Black Sheep threads, but it's said these are actually some form of metal.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Frontrunner offer both full length and 3/4 length racks. £2k for full length, £1,500 for the shorter one.

Ineos list the 3/4 Rhinorack in the configurator, but my Ineos supplier tells me there is no part number for this rack, so it’s clearly still in development.

Black sheep rack is a beautifully made system, but with all three sections purchased, you’d be looking at over £5k. Insane……

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Ineos list the 3/4 Rhinorack in the configurator, but my Ineos supplier tells me there is no part number for this rack,
I asked Ineos a week ago for the specs of the 2/3 rack as it looked more 1/2 on the pics. The reply yesterday was they don't know/can't tell me.
Anyway , as I mentioned on another thread I've gone with the Front runner 3/4. Which can be converted to a full rack if needed.

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Frontrunner offer both full length and 3/4 length racks. £2k for full length, £1,500 for the shorter one.

Ineos list the 3/4 Rhinorack in the configurator, but my Ineos supplier tells me there is no part number for this rack, so it’s clearly still in development.

Black sheep rack is a beautifully made system, but with all three sections purchased, you’d be looking at over £5k. Insane……
I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the Blacksheep carrier system, 2 base units 3217.50 Euros, as I see after 3 months of research it's the best "engineered option" and will hold up to heavy wear and tear and load carrying ability. It will be starter system to build off for my own requirements. I plan to fabricate at least one front cross bar to support and stabilize long loads after I find a suitable example to copy or adapt for the gutter attachment and add an rear extension to the rearmost rack and extend the length to over sale the rear doors slightly and add a roller bar to aid loading timber, sheet materials and ladders to look after my investment and my hernia.

Has anyone considered the safety aspect of some of the roof systems being offered and the boasts of load carrying ability? I have not seen any one querying fixing integrity of these systems in the event of a collision, with a couple of hundred kilos clamped onto a gutter which has been heavily criticised for it's design and rigidity.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone considered the safety aspect of some of the roof systems being offered and the boasts of load carrying ability? I have not seen any one querying fixing integrity of these systems in the event of a collision, with a couple of hundred kilos clamped onto a gutter which has been heavily criticised for it's design and rigidity.
I have , briefly - then remember I drive around in (amongst other last century metal) a S3 Land Rover and 1964 Fiat - and suddenly that puts everything into perspective.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous. C'est fait, j'ai posé l'ancienne galerie Rhino Rack de mon DEFENDER 90 sur mon Grenadier en achetant quatre barres de toit Rhino Rack (en 1650 mm) + une paire de pieds et en réutilisant les trois paires de pieds que je possédais déjà. La longueur est parfaite, l'ancienne galerie est un peu plus étroite que celle prévue spécifiquement pour le Grenadier mais je récupère tous mes anciens équipements (Porte bidons, support de plaques de désensablage, coffres detoit, support de roue de secours). J'ai préparé des supports en alu pour répartir la charge des pieds sur la gouttetière. La galerie est utilisée sur les barres à l'aide de 8 brides fixées par des boulons de 8. Je trouve que le résultat est satisfaisant pour le quart du prix d'une galerie neuve.
Bonne soirée
1701971885458.png

Attachments

• 01_Plaque d'appui sur gouttière.JPG
    01_Plaque d'appui sur gouttière.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 02_Galerie en place.JPG
    02_Galerie en place.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 03_Galerie posée.JPG
    03_Galerie posée.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 24