The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

After Market Audio Upgrade

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
Wow, Ricky Gervais is really multi-talented. Seriously though, great upgrades. Love the L track addition to the subwoofer box. Would love to know the all in cost. I'm pretty sure every time he said the word "bespoke" that was code for an additional $5,000.

Jayman1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Kept this under the radar while the system was being built. Finally, all done up to my liking! I've attached a few photos.
Happy to help or guide if anyone's looking for something similar.

Full credits go to Carl and his team @ Studio Incar in Fareham!

View attachment 7843141
Nice work! I’m looking at a few places by me in New York. The sound system in the Grenadier even with the sub really sounds like shit.

Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Kept this under the radar while the system was being built. Finally, all done up to my liking! I've attached a few photos.
Happy to help or guide if anyone's looking for something similar.

Full credits go to Carl and his team @ Studio Incar in Fareham!

View attachment 7843141
Saw this on YouTube yesterday Nicely done!

Reactions: BVB

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once it actually arrives, there'll definitely be a build thread (y)

WHICH BY THE WAY, should only include a thumbs up. Insertions of details by anyone (other than the owner of the Build Thread) into a build thread defeat the purpose of a "Build Thread". A "Build Thread" is assembled to be a storehouse for the owner to add in his improvements to his vehicle. If someone else posts to it, then it hampers the "Build Thread". If you see something in a build thread that you are interested in, post it up in a new post and tag the owner of the Build Thread you reference, or PM the owner directly.

Don't mean to be an arse, but this has been my experience on other forums and how the members react to Build Threads.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
WHICH BY THE WAY, should only include a thumbs up. Insertions of details by anyone (other than the owner of the Build Thread) into a build thread defeat the purpose of a "Build Thread". A "Build Thread" is assembled to be a storehouse for the owner to add in his improvements to his vehicle. If someone else posts to it, then it hampers the "Build Thread". If you see something in a build thread that you are interested in, post it up in a new post and tag the owner of the Build Thread you reference, or PM the owner directly.

Don't mean to be an arse, but this has been my experience on other forums and how the members react to Build Threads.

I think that's called a blog.

Forums and threads are, by definition for discussions.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Next month we will start with the engeneering of aplug and play sound upgrade solution for all Grenadier models.
The range will be from new plug and play upgrade speakers to fully masterclass soundsystem upgrade with new speakers, subwoofer and built in dsp amplifier. Goal is to set up a system which is easily to install by the owner themselve with the perfect sound result. We deliver incl. all cables pre wired and installation manual in german and english language.

We will keep you inform when we are under construction. It will be amazing!
Love this. PM me when available :)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score

Having said that. If there’s enough demand for a blog type system then that can be implemented. It’s just a bit of work and has to be worth while. If you know what I mean.

jjncvt

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Mine goes in the shop Monday for a Hertz/Audison system, at the tune of $5k. The premium system is really pretty weak. I'll post pictures as soon as it's complete.
Do you have any pictures that you can share of your system?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

IMG_9337.jpeg
Rupert I tried to turn off comments on my build thread after reading this from Stu bit couldn't find the setting.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s all good fellas. I wasn’t trying to start a skirmish AT ALL. Thanks everyone for ignoring my rant, have a GUINNESS!!

TxGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Next month we will start with the engeneering of aplug and play sound upgrade solution for all Grenadier models.
The range will be from new plug and play upgrade speakers to fully masterclass soundsystem upgrade with new speakers, subwoofer and built in dsp amplifier. Goal is to set up a system which is easily to install by the owner themselve with the perfect sound result. We deliver incl. all cables pre wired and installation manual in german and english language.

We will keep you inform when we are under construction. It will be amazing!
Picked mine up last night with the "Premium Sound" and I concluded that this upgrade needs to be re-named on the Ineos Build Configurator. Maybe call it, "Eh" sound upgrade! I saw some threads about subwoofer adjustments which seems helpful but I think a whole system replacement is the answer, any idea when you might launch for retail purchase?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s all good fellas. I wasn’t trying to start a skirmish AT ALL. Thanks everyone for ignoring my rant, have a GUINNESS!!
y'all are right and i completely missed that function of the forum.

Now where's that guinness?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7847066
Rupert I tried to turn off comments on my build thread after reading this from Stu bit couldn't find the setting.
Comments are on by default in almost everything apart from some service announcements etc. if you want a particular function implemented then create a thread in the feedback section and I’ll look into it.

Back to audio, I’m all ears.

jjncvt

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Mine goes in the shop Monday for a Hertz/Audison system, at the tune of $5k. The premium system is really pretty weak. I'll post pictures as soon as it's complete.
Did you get this system installed? I would love to see how they did the work and what you ended up going with in terms of hardware.

BVB

Local time
Reaction score

We will keep you inform when we are under construction. It will be amazing

Hello, any news on the upcoming plug and play upgrade packages, please ???

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went to a local specialized audio shop that installs audio systems in classics and high end cars. My subwoofer and internal amplifier wasn’t turned on! It is under the rear seat. Ok, it is now on, but the adjustment of the bass is ridiculous. It doesn’t work well at all through the infotainment touch screen. In addition the base is muffled with the rear seat and the plastic surrounding that “box”.
I have an appointment tomorrow to sort this out. I will give some photos soon, but we are looking at a new subwoofer and cut the rear seat box so the bass comes out of the foot area which involves cutting the plastic area. I will also install a separate dial to manually adjust the bass from a dial near the drivers seat and install a much better amp.

Ok, tweeters…none that we can find! So we will upgrade the speakers and put in some tweeters but still exploring where we can install them without alot of fabrication.

My goal is keeping the system with the center stack touch screen as the head unit.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went to a local specialized audio shop that installs audio systems in classics and high end cars. My subwoofer and internal amplifier wasn’t turned on! It is under the rear seat. Ok, it is now on, but the adjustment of the bass is ridiculous. It doesn’t work well at all through the infotainment touch screen. In addition the base is muffled with the rear seat and the plastic surrounding that “box”.
I have an appointment tomorrow to sort this out. I will give some photos soon, but we are looking at a new subwoofer and cut the rear seat box so the bass comes out of the foot area which involves cutting the plastic area. I will also install a separate dial to manually adjust the bass from a dial near the drivers seat and install a much better amp.

Ok, tweeters…none that we can find! So we will upgrade the speakers and put in some tweeters but still exploring where we can install them without alot of fabrication.

My goal is keeping the system with the center stack touch screen as the head unit.
There is no system-wide amplifier, and no external amplifier period.

The door speakers are powered off of the head unit/radio system. The added JBL subwoofer is powered internally to itself.

Bass knobs of all kinds are simply to turn down the bass, there is no bass knob for any amplifier that I can think of that turns up bass; this is why most shops will tune the system with the bass knob unplugged.

There are no separate tweeters, all 4 speakers are coaxial. This stems back to the purpose of the vehicle being an off roader, with the subwoofer being an absolute afterthought for MY24.

Virtually every new vehicle (many in the past 8-10 years even) require the factory screen/radio to remain in place, these are generally known as OEM integration systems when you add on to them and retain the factory screen/radio.

Accessing the output from the factory radio is quite easy as the output uses a traditional ISO connector for speaker outputs (based on a thread on Facebook from another shop in the NE that built a full system); this should allow full integration without cutting any wires and is my plan

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I "tried" adjusting the bass on the system tonight as the whole vehicle vibrates like something out of south LA or Miami Beach! Initially thought for a moment something in the engine had broken loose and was vibrating. I was down to a flashlight, dental mirror and the tweezers from my small Swiss Army pocket knife trying to adjust knobs! The product shows "external" knobs to adjust but they don't exist. Any and all suggestions on "adjusting" so I can enjoy 60,70,80's music and Classical would be appreciated. I'm on the verge of heading to Crutchfield! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom