The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ad Blue bypass

Matiassebastian

Production/Transit
Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Hi. I have a Diesel version and was wondering if there is a way of bypassing the Ad Blue usage in case I travel to a country with no Ad Blue (South America fro example). Is there a module or something that can be override?

Thanks

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
What countries don’t have ad blue? Most trucks use it worldwide. And a tank full lasts about 10,000km so you’d have to be doing some poor planning to run out.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What countries don’t have ad blue? Most trucks use it worldwide. And a tank full lasts about 10,000km so you’d have to be doing some poor planning to run out.
Early reports seem to suggest that the AdBlue requirement has been deleted from the B57 Grenadiers sold in Africa... freeing up space for an auxiliary tank:devilish:

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
Early reports seem to suggest that the AdBlue requirement has been deleted from the B57 Grenadiers sold in Africa... freeing up space for an auxiliary tank:devilish:

This was also true with the New Defenders sold in SA for what it's worth.

Hi. I have a Diesel version and was wondering if there is a way of bypassing the Ad Blue usage in case I travel to a country with no Ad Blue (South America fro example). Is there a module or something that can be override?

Thanks

I wonder - recognizing that everyone should obey local laws and now that I've said that, Mr. Government don't come at me - have you checked for any AdBlue bypasses for BMWs using the diesel B57, like the X5?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought a full tank would last that long, and it might come close if you were very lucky but it’s pushing it. But I have done 13,000km and have had to put 30litres in so far, although I just put the last 10 in last week.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not advocating it for countries where it is mandatory, but theoretically if you could get hold of the South Africa software and load it, you could in theory delete the Adblue. So far though it seems only INEOS agents have access to the equipment to load software. Although it may be that it actually needs a different ECU.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not advocating it for countries where it is mandatory, but theoretically if you could get hold of the South Africa software and load it, you could in theory delete the Adblue. So far though it seems only INEOS agents have access to the equipment to load software. Although it may be that it actually needs a different ECU.
It's not mandatory in Australia ...I see no reference to it in the 4 pot diesel in the latest Toyota 70 series (for example), nor the latest Santa Fe / Kia diesel variants (to the best of my knowledge). There's some chatter about Euro6 specs here after December 2025 which might involve Ad Blue...

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's not mandatory in Australia ...I see no reference to it in the 4 pot diesel in the latest Toyota 70 series (for example), nor the latest Santa Fe / Kia diesel variants (to the best of my knowledge). There's some chatter about Euro6 specs here after December 2025 which might involve Ad Blue...
I suspect it is illegal to remove it, if it was type approved when it was brought to the country. But not a lawyer or expert.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks
Normally it‘s a simple software change.

I suspect it is illegal to remove it, if it was type approved when it was brought to the country. But not a lawyer or expert.
Yes, it is, because of the tax.

Matiassebastian

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
This was also true with the New Defenders sold in SA for what it's worth.

I wonder - recognizing that everyone should obey local laws and now that I've said that, Mr. Government don't come at me - have you checked for any AdBlue bypasses for BMWs using the diesel B57, like the X5?

Im not sure if there is a Bypass or the make a specific version of Diesel for those countries, for example the MB GLB for Europe does not have a spare tire but the one for South America does have a full spare tire. I Guess the specs are related to the regulations…

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I have seen UK companies offering AddBlue delete. Many wagons also have ECU modifications to delete AddBlue. Illegal in UK but easily available and difficult to detect

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought a full tank would last that long, and it might come close if you were very lucky but it’s pushing it. But I have done 13,000km and have had to put 30litres in so far, although I just put the last 10 in last week.
7900kms and 30l of AdBlue so far. So I’d budget on a tank every 4000kms. Anyone know if you can adjust AdBlue flow rate?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
7900kms and 30l of AdBlue so far. So I’d budget on a tank every 4000kms. Anyone know if you can adjust AdBlue flow rate?
The rate is set by the vehicles ECU based on engine load parameters, the heavier the load the more used, there is no adjustment that I know of in any vehicle with adblue. All of our work vehicles run adblue, they use very little comparatively.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Only if you intend to drive it on the road.
They do remove them on some mine sites as the heat causes maintenance issues with the water evaporating and the urea crystalising.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know what will happen if you use water instead of adblue, in case of emergency?
AdBlue consists of 2/3 demineralised water anyway.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This seems awfully high for a 3l diesel. I put 10l in after about 9000km, which incidentally was roughly the same usage as my 3l diesel G-Wagen has been getting consistently for ten years.

Back
Top Bottom