The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Accessory feedback from current owners

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/mfrOQrnbCU8

This link is definitely worth a view for those of us with aspirations.
Cracking video, worth watching the whole thing. Black Sheep are really going balls deep with the Grenadier! Interesting light bar, the rear door molle panels look great and can't wait to see the final version of the front grill.

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Puts hand up cautiously ~ I've got all mine...sliders, cargo barrier, hitch receiver, mats, locking wheel nuts.

I missed out on some powering steering and engine oil mind.

Definitely a fail ~ more surprising as it was at least a MkII version to correct having all the rungs in line with the uprights on the MkI version.
That's amazing (sad to have to say that :LOL:) you got all your accessories.

Fluids? BAH! Just dead weight! Highly overrated and all that.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Accessories

I’m 6’4’’ - side steps are key for easy ingress and egress - without you will wreck the side bolsters quickly.

Table - ordered not received - already would have used it if I had it.

Tow hitch - get the factory one - it’s nicely implemented and the wiring is neat + avoids electrical gremlins.

Options - full disclosure I went overboard. Key highlights/lowlights

Sunroof - love them - didn’t expect to use them and used them on every journey.

Ladder - pointless for me

Leather steering wheel - lovely

Leather seats - smell amazing - real leather

Diff locks - pointless for me - I have them but shouldn’t have bothered, this thing will go far enough without them.

High load switches- again pointless for me unless you’re a proper camper. Nice to toggle though.

Tinted windows - look great

Black roof - pointless with Donny Grey - can barely see the difference

Red Chassis - looks amazing, best value option to lift the looks

17inch alloys - look way better than steels IMHO but still purposeful.

Carpet mats - should have got rubber ones

Smooth pack - definitely get it

Think that’s my view so far.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Love so much of their kit so far - bet much more to come.

I really hope the A$ improves against against the CHF

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That Blacksheep vid.

If those tyres are 285/75 then they are 33.83" on 17" rims or 34.83" if on 18's.

I like the 2.5" lift and whatever size tyres those are.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the video around the 2:30 mark, Thomas says they are 33's, and they look fantastic.

aye that was what I was referring to. if his "285/75..." comment was correct then depending on rim size they are closer to 34's or 35's than 33's, if that makes sense.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Carpet mats - should have got rubber ones
Interesting, why? Are the carpet ones not good? I have ordered carpet mats but wondered if I should have gotten rubber. Assume you can get them afterwards

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
Man, I hope Black Sheep Innovations gets a U.S. Distributor. As cool as their rock slider step combo is, I just can't justify paying $3,300 just to have them shipped here on top of their approximately $2,400 cost. That makes the $1,065 Ineos rock sliders look like a killer deal. Hopefully, someone stateside will come up with a step add on for the Ineos sliders.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting, why? Are the carpet ones not good? I have ordered carpet mats but wondered if I should have gotten rubber. Assume you can get them afterwards
The carpets are fine and well fitted it’s just I generally am poor at cleaning cars and rubber would probably be easier to clean when jet washing.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Man, I hope Black Sheep Innovations gets a U.S. Distributor. As cool as their rock slider step combo is, I just can't justify paying $3,300 just to have them shipped here on top of their approximately $2,400 cost. That makes the $1,065 Ineos rock sliders look like a killer deal. Hopefully, someone stateside will come up with a step add on for the Ineos sliders.
$3,300 to ship? I'll fly to Switzerland and put them in the overhead compartment to save some money!

Seriously though, a group buy might help tremendously in making getting them stateside more realistic.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Because I have the SW, carpets were removed from the option list. As a result I chose carpet matts which fit well and do the job, however for £230.00 odd, that is an outrageous price for what they are. Later adopters may find better on the aftermarket.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
$3,300 to ship? I'll fly to Switzerland and put them in the overhead compartment to save some money!

Seriously though, a group buy might help tremendously in making getting them stateside more realistic.
No kidding. A group buy would be awesome. Here's what my cart showed on the site for the steps and sliders:

Total​

Subtotal1.665,00 CHF
delivery to US3.000,00 CHF
incl. 0% tax0,00 CHF
Total, No Tax4.665,00 CHF
TOTAL4.665,00 CHF
CHECKOUT

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
How are you liking the sliders? Are the bolt on or welded on?

The hitch receiver is another one I'd like to add, but at $800 that's steep. If the wiring is included in that $800, it makes it easier to take, but in the US there's plenty of aftermarket hitch setups for $200-$300.
Sliders are bolted on, what dealer welds them??
Wiring is inc in the price of the hitch, the fixing to the chassis for the hitch may take the cost out of the realm of $200-$300, have a look at the angle its attached to the chassis. def not a standard fit,

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No kidding. A group buy would be awesome. Here's what my cart showed on the site for the steps and sliders:

Total​

Subtotal1.665,00 CHF
delivery to US3.000,00 CHF
incl. 0% tax0,00 CHF
Total, No Tax4.665,00 CHF
TOTAL4.665,00 CHF
CHECKOUT
You'd need to pay import taxes on the invoice value as well no?

I would give rough packed dimensions and weight to UPS and value and ask them and Fedex for a quote by slowest means and see where they come in. Or better yet a local freight forwarder and ask for a seafreight quote.

Dermot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Price is steep. I am in Uk so it could be a road trip over to Switzerland and see if they will fit them. “Alas thou I need my car first”

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
How about if Black Sheep were to license their designs to a quality fabricator in the U.S.?

Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
Is that what the shipping cost is?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
You'd need to pay import taxes on the invoice value as well no?

I would give rough packed dimensions and weight to UPS and value and ask them and Fedex for a quote by slowest means and see where they come in. Or better yet a local freight forwarder and ask for a seafreight quote.
I’ll get in touch with them and see if something can be worked out.

Back
Top Bottom