The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

35's with the Eibach 2.5" lift...

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
But seriously, all serious 4wder lift their car with a lift kit because it improves , approach, ramp over and departure angles which makes any 4wd significantly more capable in off road conditions

At some point the more you lift a 5 link the more extreme the angle of the control arms. You begin to shorten the wheelbase and increase overhang which "can" decrease approach/departure angles. Granted and inch or two of lift isn't doing much harm.

Didn't @AMan fit 35s early on?

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
If the only thing done to achieve this eibach suspension lift was changing the springs, then all you have achieved is increasing static ride height by moving the wheel travel lower down in the stock wheel travel window. This means if you are getting no rubbing on 35s at full compression with this lift, you would have had none without the lift because the upward wheel travel has not been limited by a bump stop extension and the overall down travel would be the same as stock as well, since you are still using the stock shock length. Hence why go to the expense of a lift like this, unless you are doing it for looks? The lift alone does not increase ground clearance as it is a solid axle vehicle and only increasing the wheel assembly diameter will increase ground clearance. Also a lift raises the centre of gravity, making it more tippy off and on road and increasing a chance of a roll over. Unless a suspension lift includes bump stop extensions and longer shocks then in realty all you have achieved is an aesthetic change at best and made the vehicle worse off road and harder to get in and out of. If you are strictly a mall crawler and never intend to put the vehicle into situations where full suspension compression will be realized then I guess this solution will allow larger wheels than the stock suspension.
Hi Xrford,
Do I need a specific longer shock to fit with these springs? Or can I find a stock longer shock?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi Xrford,
Do I need a specific longer shock to fit with these springs? Or can I find a stock longer shock?
As per Eibach, these springs are fine with the stock shocks, although, consider at the same time that Eibach is working on a specific shock for these springs that should be released in the coming months.

There is no longer "stock" shock, but over the coming months there will be other options that are released I'm sure

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info…yeah I heard about them working on a longer shock but didn’t want to wait if I could find another shock that works.

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These are the latest pics of the Eibach 2.5 lift with the BFGoodrich mud 35’s. Took it for extensive test drive at speeds over 80 mph. It actually drives and handles better than before.

Attachments

• 408492D0-4629-4D55-8D3A-82557B025109.jpeg
    408492D0-4629-4D55-8D3A-82557B025109.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 110
  • 02DC6389-F913-4690-AD9F-E4C43B98B0A8.jpeg
    02DC6389-F913-4690-AD9F-E4C43B98B0A8.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 107
  • 8BDFD3C2-F31C-40D8-A526-EE9F9D35D39B.jpeg
    8BDFD3C2-F31C-40D8-A526-EE9F9D35D39B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
It actually drives and handles better than before.
To me that defies physics , but until I have a turn of someone else's lifted+muddies I won't know!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
These are the latest pics of the Eibach 2.5 lift with the BFGoodrich mud 35’s. Took it for extensive test drive at speeds over 80 mph. It actually drives and handles better than before.
Did you do an alignment?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
To me that defies physics , but until I have a turn of someone else's lifted+muddies I won't know!

If the front upper control arms are much shorter than the lower ones then the lift might have increased the caster a little. The difference in length means the axle housing ends of he arms scribe different arcs from each other. Probably just the tires though.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
what size tyres are those?

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
you need the spare tire offset bracket for the rear door to open but very easy to install

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
What's the new 'as measured' ground clearance to lowest component?

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If the only thing done to achieve this eibach suspension lift was changing the springs, then all you have achieved is increasing static ride height by moving the wheel travel lower down in the stock wheel travel window. This means if you are getting no rubbing on 35s at full compression with this lift, you would have had none without the lift because the upward wheel travel has not been limited by a bump stop extension and the overall down travel would be the same as stock as well, since you are still using the stock shock length. Hence why go to the expense of a lift like this, unless you are doing it for looks? The lift alone does not increase ground clearance as it is a solid axle vehicle and only increasing the wheel assembly diameter will increase ground clearance. Also a lift raises the centre of gravity, making it more tippy off and on road and increasing a chance of a roll over. Unless a suspension lift includes bump stop extensions and longer shocks then in realty all you have achieved is an aesthetic change at best and made the vehicle worse off road and harder to get in and out of. If you are strictly a mall crawler and never intend to put the vehicle into situations where full suspension compression will be realized then I guess this solution will allow larger wheels than the stock suspension.
There is so much misinformation in this response

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As per Eibach, these springs are fine with the stock shocks, although, consider at the same time that Eibach is working on a specific shock for these springs that should be released in the coming months.

There is no longer "stock" shock, but over the coming months there will be other options that are released I'm sure
This is correct. They will be prototyping on our rig again beginning of may!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s not a lift kit, Eibach are simply selling longer springs. The major application, certainly for us, is to accomodate for the sag that occurs with the standard springs once the vehicle is burdened. The longer springs return the vehicle to the ride height/suspension articulation that the vehicle enjoys when un/lightly loaded on stock springs. Accordingly the stock dampers and stops are adequate as the suspension is moving through the standard geometry/travel.

These longer springs do raise the unladen vehicle so constitute a ‘lift’ for cosmetic purposes. I wouldn’t think of it as a lift ‘kit’ however as the lift only applies unladen and none of the additional components that correct geometry at the new height are included.

This is unlikely to be an issue around town, but may well mean that owners with technical trails etc in their crosshairs should maybe hold for a more suitable package.

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It’s not a lift kit, Eibach are simply selling longer springs. The major application, certainly for us, is to accomodate for the sag that occurs with the standard springs once the vehicle is burdened. The longer springs return the vehicle to the ride height/suspension articulation that the vehicle enjoys when un/lightly loaded on stock springs. Accordingly the stock dampers and stops are adequate as the suspension is moving through the standard geometry/travel.

These longer springs do raise the unladen vehicle so constitute a ‘lift’ for cosmetic purposes. I wouldn’t think of it as a lift ‘kit’ however as the lift only applies unladen and none of the additional components that correct geometry at the new height are included.

This is unlikely to be an issue around town, but may well mean that owners with technical trails etc in their crosshairs should maybe hold for a more suitable package.

I do not disagree with what you said, my main point I was trying to get across was to dispute the claims being made that this kit would allow the fitment 35” tires without rubbing where with the stock springs/suspension the claims being made was you would rub with 35”. This kit does not change the stock suspension geometry or travel so it does not help with the fitment of larger tires. Especially if you intend to use the full travel of the suspension under all steering angles.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not disagree with what you said, my main point I was trying to get across was to dispute the claims being made that this kit would allow the fitment 35” tires without rubbing where with the stock springs/suspension the claims being made was you would rub with 35”. This kit does not change the stock suspension geometry or travel so it does not help with the fitment of larger tires. Especially if you intend to use the full travel of the suspension under all steering angles.
Acknowledged. I gather the aftermarket is on the case however, I look forward to true lift and/or GVM upgrade kits which will inevitably come along with the Quartermaster.

Back
Top Bottom