The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

30% of orders messed up in Switzerland - can INEOS Automotive really provide vehicles as requested?

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Fantastic news for all those folk that got to see their cars the other week at Hedin in Switzerland.

Needless to say, logistics seemed to have got the better of INEOS and despite confirming multiple times the correct config directly with INEOS (as did Hedin) the wrong config was delivered (and not just a bit wrong). Goes without saying we are all so disappointed and any ideas of using the vehicle are now out the window.

Hedin seemed to have their hands tied by their lack of available cars so all that's been possible is a later build slot. Now it would appear that production is focused elsewhere other than Switzerland and around 15 folk in my position just have to put up with being stuck back into the queue. As always no communication and the strong impression that INEOS do not want any kind of ownership of this screwup.

Also, no promise in getting our builds expedited so my guess is as good as any ones as to when desired builds will be actually delivered. Makes me worried about a number of things mostly the kind of post-sales support that will be offered.

Furthermore, INEOS seemed to have passed to the buck to Hedin on this one despite that fact I had direct communication with both Hedin and INEOS on this issue and they have failed to get the right configuration place on to my order. They had months to do this though.

Bitterly, disappointed with Spring / Summer plans now down the drain and needing to now re-plan everything plus hire a 4x4.

What really bug's me is INEOS simply just holding their hands up and expecting Hedin to rectify the problem. So much for getting on the reservation list early - I was apparently in the top 10 globally. Loyalty here however seems nothing.

Looks a great vehicle but it takes more than a good vehicle to build a good car brand and this experience has seriously got me thinking if I wanted to be involved with INEOS for the long term or just call it a day.

A bad experience with nothing at all being done my INEOS automotive to get things sorted for all the screw ups. Hedin as I say doing their best but with limited resources this amount to platitudes.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
Fantastic news for all those folk that got to see their cars the other week at Hedin in Switzerland.

Needless to say, logistics seemed to have got the better of INEOS and despite confirming multiple times the correct config directly with INEOS (as did Hedin) the wrong config was delivered (and not just a bit wrong). Goes without saying we are all so disappointed and any ideas of using the vehicle are now out the window.

Hedin seemed to have their hands tied by their lack of available cars so all that's been possible is a later build slot. Now it would appear that production is focused elsewhere other than Switzerland and around 15 folk in my position just have to put up with being stuck back into the queue. As always no communication and the strong impression that INEOS do not want any kind of ownership of this screwup.

Also, no promise in getting our builds expedited so my guess is as good as any ones as to when desired builds will be actually delivered. Makes me worried about a number of things mostly the kind of post-sales support that will be offered.

Furthermore, INEOS seemed to have passed to the buck to Hedin on this one despite that fact I had direct communication with both Hedin and INEOS on this issue and they have failed to get the right configuration place on to my order. They had months to do this though.

Bitterly, disappointed with Spring / Summer plans now down the drain and needing to now re-plan everything plus hire a 4x4.

What really bug's me is INEOS simply just holding their hands up and expecting Hedin to rectify the problem. So much for getting on the reservation list early - I was apparently in the top 10 globally. Loyalty here however seems nothing.

Looks a great vehicle but it takes more than a good vehicle to build a good car brand and this experience has seriously got me thinking if I wanted to be involved with INEOS for the long term or just call it a day.

A bad experience with nothing at all being done my INEOS automotive to get things sorted for all the screw ups. Hedin as I say doing their best but with limited resources this amount to platitudes.
Terrible news
Can you please clarify for me a few things
  • You say 30% of all orders and then add 15 people plus you. This means there are only 53 orders total in Switzerland. Is that correct?
  • It seems like they delivered it without changes you made to your original configuration. Is that correct?
  • In Switzerland you are buying off Hedin not Ineos direct, is that correct?
  • Can you tell us what they got wrong please
Once again I feel terrible for you and hope they will resolve this issue quickly
Dave

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Terrible news
Can you please clarify for me a few things
  • You say 30% of all orders and then add 15 people plus you. This means there are only 53 orders total in Switzerland. Is that correct?
  • It seems like they delivered it without changes you made to your original configuration. Is that correct?
Once again I feel terrible for you and hope they will resolve this issue quickly
Dave
Sure @DaveB no problem:
Correct - the initial 50 or so orders plus some show room models. I was 7 in Switzerland with an order which is even more gutting.​
Correct - the really frustrating part is that I pushed the new desired configuration both to Hedin as well as directly to INEOS including the PDF file and this made no blind bit of difference.​
Correct - unlike in other parts of Europe the contract is directly with Hedin. It was all signed out and printed.​
Since there was no pricing on the Swiss configurator the initial build came in way over budget so following was changed:​
  • Leather seats became utility
  • Safari windows were dropped
  • Nappa steering wheel was dropped
  • Rear window was swapped for panel (no price implication but preferred)
  • Black tone roof color was dropped for body color

Last edited:

COSTA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Sure @DaveB no problem:
Correct - the initial 50 or so orders plus some show room models. I was 7 in Switzerland with an order which is even more gutting.​
Correct - the really frustrating part is that I pushed the new desired configuration both to Hedin as well as directly to INEOS including the PDF file and this made no blind bit of difference.​
Correct - unlike in other parts of Europe the contract is directly with Hedin. It was all signed out and printed.​
Since there was no pricing on the Swiss configurator the initial build came in way over budget so following was changed:​
  • Black tone roof color was dropped
So looks like they produced a vehicle with more options than you were budgeting for despite you stripping it back on your configuration.

Why can't they just comp the upgrades seeing as they screwed up and be done with it?

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So looks like they produced a vehicle with more options than you were budgeting for despite you stripping it back on your configuration.

Why can't they just comp the upgrades seeing as they screwed up and be done with it?
On the HEDIN side this would kill the 3-4% dealership margin.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sure @DaveB no problem:
  • Black tone roof color was dropped for body color
I would hope they would give you the higher spec vehicle at the price of the lower one you wanted.
In Australia the nappa wheel is standard wheel

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score

A shiver has just gone down my spine after reading Nicklenoff's config issue.

Like many (probably most?) I have made changes to the initial config (when making the reservation).

However, absolutely NONE of the changes are currently reflected in the online portal but, each time, both INEOS & my agent have consistently said to me........"don't worry, all your changes have been recorded and will be reflected in the contract" (which I still don't have even though INEOS have confirmed my car was built on 26 January!!)

If they are not and the car has been produced - then I am out and will not sign the contract.

Last edited:

COSTA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
In my opinion to save face and disgruntled customers they should wear it.

A sale at a smaller percentage mark up is still a sale that they wouldn't get if you are that annoyed by it. And rightfully so, I would be considering scrunching up my order too when treated like that.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not in the "first" build slot. I hope the Aussie build slot had most of the teething issues sorted and we get our cars oh the 3 to 5 month window.
Same here. Whilst Australia may be at the arse end of the world, sometimes it is nice knowing that we have Europe as our test mule for things.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A shiver has just gone down my spine after reading Nicklenoff's config issue.

Like many (probably most?) I have made changes to the initial config (when making the reservation).

However, absolutely NONE of the changes are currently reflected in the online portal but, each time, both INEOS & my agent have consistently said to me........"don't worry, all your changes have been recorded and will be reflected in the contract" (which I still don't have even though INEOS have confirmed my car was built on 26 January!!)

If they are not and the car has been produced - then I am out and will not sign the contract.

My build date was 23rd January and also haven’t heard a word.. slightly concerning but am unfortunately used to it.
When I viewed the Ineos in Geelong the spokesman said contracts will be coming in the next few days to a week. This was 25th January.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My build date was 23rd January and also haven’t heard a word.. slightly concerning but am unfortunately used to it.
When I viewed the Ineos in Geelong the spokesman said contracts will be coming in the next few days to a week. This was 25th January.
I actually don't find waiting an issue. I have plenty to do & anyway, time passes quick.

What I don't like is straight out BS.

My agent is a good guy but, I just can't believe anything the INEOS helpline tells me - how can I if what they tell me constantly turns out to be incorrect.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
Agree, waiting for me is manageable, I just have to keep chucking money at the D4 and hope it keeps going. Would like not to have to buy a new set of tyres (prob got 15k miles left) and preferably would like the Grenny before autumn.

We're beyond the point of the first batch being built so now more than ever the lack of communication has a more damaging effect on people's expectations. Will now start costing some people money directly as they have to make decisions on current or stop gap vehicles, travel plans etc.

High time they got in touch with people with vehicles built or to be built Jan-Mar and give them a best/conservative view on realistic delivery and update them once a week or at least fortnightly. That would be prudent and 'transparent'.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just - again - checked my order summary online. all subsequent changes are available. However, after changing the configuration, I sent it to my dealer every time, who forwarded it

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After the new CEO's statement, you should consider what is better: remain silent and put the buyers in a bad mood or say, we have found this and that problem that we will fix before delivery, hence the delay. the buyers of the IG will not be the average car buyer but individuals, you should give them a drink to keep them in line

Back
Top Bottom