The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

17” Alloys

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Grenadier ‘in the flesh’ with the 17” alloys option?
Has anyone who has chosen the 17” alloys had notification of their vehicle going into production?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No and No. Do I detect you think you have identified an issue?

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
17s on the black vehicle

full

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
No I haven’t and yes I have ordered them and no my vehicle that should have been built in Jan has not been built.

I did order them late on and said to the agent if it’s going to holdup the build date I don’t want them. He said that they didn’t show as holding anything up.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've ordered a Fieldmaster edition with 17" alloys and the standard Bridgestone tyre. But I've decided I like the looks of the 18" alloys with the BF Goodrich. I went on to the configurator to change them since I'm still awaiting my contract. When I did so it bumped up the overall car price to what I assume is the new price, way above my original deal. Thankfully I didn't confirm the upgrade. Has this happened to anyone else and does a late change scupper the original deal? I guess it's something I should take up with the dealer but the dealers seem to be struggling just now with delivery inquiries. I would have thought that without a production date as yet, a wheel change would be straightforward. It's a wheel change for goodness sake!

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've ordered a Fieldmaster edition with 17" alloys and the standard Bridgestone tyre. But I've decided I like the looks of the 18" alloys with the BF Goodrich. I went on to the configurator to change them since I'm still awaiting my contract. When I did so it bumped up the overall car price to what I assume is the new price, way above my original deal. Thankfully I didn't confirm the upgrade. Has this happened to anyone else and does a late change scupper the original deal? I guess it's something I should take up with the dealer but the dealers seem to be struggling just now with delivery inquiries. I would have thought that without a production date as yet, a wheel change would be straightforward. It's a wheel change for goodness sake!
You need the dealer to change it, pricing will be at the pre increase price even for add-ons. I was going for the 18” wheels but changed to the 17”. I though they would be a smoother ride + there are lots of tyre options for 17” 18 far far less. Pricing is also lower for 17” tyres.

Worse thing I ever did on my L322 Range rover was swap form 19” to 20” I felt every bump soon changed back.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You need the dealer to change it, pricing will be at the pre increase price even for add-ons. I was going for the 18” wheels but changed to the 17”. I though they would be a smoother ride + there are lots of tyre options for 17” 18 far far less. Pricing is also lower for 17” tyres.

Worse thing I ever did on my L322 Range rover was swap form 19” to 20” I felt every bump soon changed back.
Second this! I kept the 17" steels on my order, and I won't be changing them anyuway. I do not mind touching rock in steel!! I think it will be FAR easier to change these to your own specific Alloys here in Aus if you wish to do so and can be quite cost effective (some places are going big on discounted alloy + tyre combos as rates bites!) and you should be able to sell the 17s as new on the 2nd hand market here to offset quite a bit of the spend.

Local time
Reaction score
If you paid final deposit before the price increase they will/should honour it ask your dealer soon.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This video is one of the few I've seen showing the 17" alloys and BFGs. While not the focus of the video (the guy is talking about the rood load etc), but they actually look pretty nice (IMO).

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/HYjok0bOdQE?feature=share
I prefer more 'rubber' than 'steel' in the side profile - but each person has their own taste. I can see these with 20" rolling around the 'up market' areas of my local Municipality.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
I prefer more 'rubber' than 'steel' in the side profile - but each person has their own taste. I can see these with 20" rolling around the 'up market' areas of my local Municipality.
Me too. The 17" alloys obviously run the same tyre (rubber) as the steel wheels. I've had both steel and alloy rims on different vehicles, and never had issues with either. Granted, steel maybe slighty tougher, but in reality, if you're breaking/bending steel rims, you're probably breaking other things too.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You need the dealer to change it, pricing will be at the pre increase price even for add-ons.
I went through the dealer to add the winch and change sliders to side-steps, but they were rejected, so I ended up making the changes over the phone with Ineos.

Easy bolt on changes like the wheels, winch, sliders, etc ... seem to be ok, but you will have more difficulty with other changes, like internal fit-out, which makes sense.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Me too. The 17" alloys obviously run the same tyre (rubber) as the steel wheels. I've had both steel and alloy rims on different vehicles, and never had issues with either. Granted, steel maybe slighty tougher, but in reality, if you're breaking/bending steel rims, you're probably breaking other things too.
Actually quality alloys are more resistant to deformation than steel And so can probably take harder hits without damage than steel. The downside is when you find the limit of alloy is they are more likely to deform or break in ways that make them unrepairable, whereas steel may be able to be beaten back into usable shape.

Back
Top Bottom