The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

17” Alloys

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Have you heard of the Iron Butt challenge for bikers?

IronButt-uk

A bit like this.
That's an entirely different level than driving 1000 miles in comfort in a Grenadier - with music, heat and plush seats. I've done some distances over 1000 km on the motorbike in a day, but 1600 km in 24 hours is an ordeal. That includes refueling, eating, drinking (often while riding), peeing (some do it while riding with a pee bottle) and so on. Plus, riding a motorcycle at night is no fun. Not to mention thorough documentation, which takes a lot of time.

And a few naps along the way are also advisable.

They name it 'Iron Butt' for a reason.

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
That's an entirely different level than driving 1000 miles in comfort in a Grenadier - with music, heat and plush seats. I've done some distances over 1000 km on the motorbike in a day, but 1600 km in 24 hours is an ordeal. That includes refueling, eating, drinking (often while riding), peeing (some do it while riding with a pee bottle) and so on. Plus, riding a motorcycle at night is no fun. Not to mention thorough documentation, which takes a lot of time.

And a few naps along the way are also advisable.

They name it 'Iron Butt' for a reason.
Yes, I know,

But still a great way to celebrate a new Grenadier, don't you think? Test those heated Recaro seats out etc :D

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Agree. A nice DIY gift. ;)

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Have you heard of the Iron Butt challenge for bikers?

IronButt-uk

A bit like this.
Since this thread has new life, did you ever make your trip in your new IG?

I did the IronButt long time ago on a BMW GS Adventure. 1200 miles in less than 24hrs Orlando, FL to Moon Township, PA. At the time, if you went to a local police dept or fire house and had them put their information down on a gas station receipt (including your odometer reading) at your start and end point plus all of the gas station receipts along the way, the association would verify your documentation after you mailed it all in and send you a license plate bracket and paper certificate. I qualified for the 1000 miler. IIRC, the next one up from that was 1500 miles. I’m assuming the process is much different now with smart phones, GPS, etc….

Stupid crap I did when I was younger. 😂😂

Interested to hear how your truck did on a long trip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom