The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windscreen Wipers

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
Just returned home cursing the Disco 4 auto screen wipe system and wondering if anyone has ideas/thought/knowledge of the IG screen wipe system. D3's were useable. early D4's acceptable but the 2016 version detection system is so hit-and-miss as to be totally frustrating.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Does the Gren have a detection system - other than the person behind the wheel seeing spots on the class and turning the wipers on?

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I hate rain sensing wipers, they never seem to go when I want them to. Same with auto headlights for the high beams.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I hate rain sensing wipers, they never seem to go when I want them to. Same with auto headlights for the high beams.
My wipers and headlights have been on auto since the day I got the vehicle 5 years ago.
Only time I recall turning the wipers off was when the poor guy at the traffic lights who was cleaning my windscreen got hit by the wiper blades every time he sprayed cleaner on the windscreen.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
The automatic wiper system in my BMW works nearly perfekt, so I hope the IR have that also.
same as automatic high beam lights

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I can't say I've seen any evidence of sensors in the windscreen on any of the PT models we have tested. They are usually in the top centre around where the rear vision mirror attaches. And the wiper stalks in every one I've been in only have intermittent, 1 & 2 speed settings with a winder to adjust the intermittent frequency manually.
(That's just a toll road e-tag in the photo BTW).

IMG_0284.jpgIMG_0292.jpg

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
I can't say I've seen any evidence of sensors in the windscreen on any of the PT models we have tested. They are usually in the top centre around where the rear vision mirror attaches. And the wiper stalks in every one I've been in only have intermittent, 1 & 2 speed settings with a winder to adjust the intermittent frequency manually.
(That's just a toll road e-tag in the photo BTW).

View attachment 7802518View attachment 7802520
Aren't those wipers pointing the wrong way for a RHD?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like the Krah&Enders showroom.

Now "show" at all. ;)

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder whether the LHD has the same trouble with the wipers cleaning the side of the windscreen (in this case the left side of the windscreen next to the A-pilar).

The problem has been mentioned in some test reviews for the RHD (on the right side, next to the A-pilar). It can also be seen in the attached screenshot (taken from the review of The Late Brake Show).

245CC294-8FA3-47A9-9A69-A1D38DEA0FE8.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
TBH I thought the Reviewers were being a bunch of pussies whining about the RHD wiper sweep leaving a large untouched area.
However looking at the photo above it’s appaling… not even moving the wiper a couple of splines would help much because of the angle, the tip of the wiper is almost touching the RH seal as it is…V poor glad I’ll be getting a LHD version.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed that when I watched the same review.

It may be that the company is British and the companies owner is English but the IG is very definitely an after thought for the RHD market.

Most of the things brought up by the reviews don’t count for LHD vehicles.

Annoying to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom