The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windscreen Washer Tank Capacity

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
For those with a deep and abiding need to know the capacity of the windscreen washer tank, my investigations suggest that it is 6.6L ... an impressive figure, given that the tanks in some other vehicles are around the 3L mark.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those with a deep and abiding need to know the capacity of the windscreen washer tank, my investigations suggest that it is 6.6L ... an impressive figure, given that the tanks in some other vehicles are around the 3L mark.
Thanks! that brings to mind the need to ensure that it doesn't get clogged with algae if not stirred occasionally. I've had it happen a couple of times even when dosed with one of of the reputable brand cleaning products. I guess getting out and travelling over some decent corrugations would solve that!:devilish:
"Shaken not stirred...." :cool:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Funny you should say that as I was just wondering that. Cos I checked and I couldn't find a low washer fluid warning light. I was letting mine run down as I was changing over to Autoglym screen wash. Only took 2.0L to fill it, so plenty left then.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Funny you should say that as I was just wondering that. Cos I checked and I couldn't find a low washer fluid warning light. I was letting mine run down as I was changing over to Autoglym screen wash. Only took 2.0L to fill it, so plenty left then.

What prompted to measure the tank was an orange warning on the big screen … Washer Tank Low.

I used the washers a few more time until the tank was empty, then filled it up with some concentrate and water. 🙂

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What prompted to measure the tank was an orange warning on the big screen … Washer Tank Low.

I used the washers a few more time until the tank was empty, then filled it up with some concentrate and water. 🙂
Ah, I missed fact the that warning light would appear on the big screen, thanks for that. I was looking at the small screen tell tale lights. Thought it strange these days there was no warning.

Local time
Reaction score
I jumped in the vechicle this morning the low wiper fluid notification came on so I thought I would see how much it took to top it off 1 litre not sure how much that is as a percentage of the total volume as its not in the manual . This seems a small amount to trigger the low warning .
Off to get a life now.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone else run theirs empty only to find that the pump for the rear seems to lose its prime? I no longer have a rear washer.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I jumped in the vechicle this morning the low wiper fluid notification came on so I thought I would see how much it took to top it off 1 litre not sure how much that is as a percentage of the total volume as its not in the manual . This seems a small amount to trigger the low warning .
Off to get a life now.
I have the same issue, got the low washer fluid warning, and it looked pretty full to me, only able to add 1 liter, not sure what the problem is, it seems to be a waste to have a huge reservoir

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
I have the same issue, got the low washer fluid warning, and it looked pretty full to me, only able to add 1 liter, not sure what the problem is, it seems to be a waste to have a huge reservoir
Hi, Keep in mind that window washer fluid can eat into the clear coat on top of your roof if you use it excessively. I am sure you have seen many vehicles with the clear coat turning white at the roof above the windshield. I experienced it first hand, when before I knew how potentially harm full it could be. I used the window washer function excessively on a Range Range Sport and ended up having to repaint the whole roof. I rarely use the function now and just clean my front wind shield with a squeegee when I pull in for gas, which in the Grenadier is often. Keep that window washing fluid off your paint work. I have thought of switching out the fluid for simple pure distilled water with perhaps adding just a couple drops of liquid soap in the tank. Anyone try that yet? DaBull

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have thought of switching out the fluid for simple pure distilled water with perhaps adding just a couple drops of liquid soap in the tank. Anyone try that yet? DaBull
I wonder how that would cope in freezing conditions?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, Keep in mind that window washer fluid can eat into the clear coat on top of your roof if you use it excessively. I am sure you have seen many vehicles with the clear coat turning white at the roof above the windshield. I experienced it first hand, when before I knew how potentially harm full it could be. I used the window washer function excessively on a Range Range Sport and ended up having to repaint the whole roof. I rarely use the function now and just clean my front wind shield with a squeegee when I pull in for gas, which in the Grenadier is often. Keep that window washing fluid off your paint work. I have thought of switching out the fluid for simple pure distilled water with perhaps adding just a couple drops of liquid soap in the tank. Anyone try that yet? DaBull
Liquid soap, dependant on type may rot wiper rubbers. A good brand of fluid used in the correct dilution should be alright for your clear coat. Do you have Autoglym screenwash in the US? I swear by it, have used it for decades in my private vehicles, company cars got cheaper brands

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Liquid soap, dependant on type may rot wiper rubbers. A good brand of fluid used in the correct dilution should be alright for your clear coat. Do you have Autoglym screenwash in the US? I swear by it, have used it for decades in my private vehicles, company cars got cheaper brands
Autoglym is excellent. I use it on my Land Rovers.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Doesn't appear we have access to Autoglym in US. I tried Amazon.UK and shipping would be $67 USD. At their website, shipping outside UK wasn't an option. :(. Guess next time I'm over, will have to order some to stuff in the suitcase to bring back.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Doesn't appear we have access to Autoglym in US. I tried Amazon.UK and shipping would be $67 USD. At their website, shipping outside UK wasn't an option. :(. Guess next time I'm over, will have to order some to stuff in the suitcase to bring back.
Have you tried dmsupplyllc.com, I think they supply it in the US

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They do! But not the screenwash :cry:
I have emailed them enquiring further.
Thanks! :)
You might have opened a new business opportunity for them if they are already importing the other autoglym products 😉

QRgren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just noticed I have a small leak in the windshield washer reservoir tank. Anyone else have this? The tank looks to be in the fender but not entirely sure.

Back
Top Bottom