The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wind deflectors

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone found anyone producing wind deflectors for the Grenny yet? I‘ve had them on very vehicle I’ve ever own (motorbikes excepted!) and it’s driving me crazy without them on the Grenny. I have opened the windows, but not real comfortable being buffeted by the breeze. Would be great to smell the roses while listening to the Grenny growl!

Reactions: PBD

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
i only have a 90:cry::cry:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I only thought about some deflectors again the other day.

Hopefully Hecko/Heko do make some as I have had them on three vehicles now and they have been very good. Sounds like Ineos have tied themselves in with Climair so they will no doubt be around £150 a set (no thanks).

What I will say is, I haven’t suffered so much with the IG yet with getting rain water in the vehicle. Well apart from the usual routes it gets in.

This could well be due to the time of year And/or the rolled drip lip from the roof.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
That worked on the old Defender 110
I had wind deflectors on my 130 - too hard trying to roll down rear windows on the go in a defender! - the deflectors were fantastic and even better with front (under windscreen) vents open slightly to pressurise cab - never any dust problems.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I will bump this thread as I am still unaware of any company doing them disappointingly.

Any one able to prove me wrong or know of a company that is promising them soon ??

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Shaky spoke to ClimAir again last week and they were as much use as a chocolate teapot😡
Spoke to my Grenny dealer and the don't have any news either.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Seems about right buddy.

I always tend to drive with my window cracked open an inch and they make a hell of a difference with wind noise etc.

One thing the Grenny doesn’t need them for is rain water running off the roof and in through an open window due to the gutters.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
They are clearly selling £50 accessories for 200-300 pounds, or trying to.

I/we can only hope that one of the reputable manufacturers decides to produce them some time soon, however after nearly 12 months there hasn’t been a sniff of any forth coming.

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
lt took a couple of years for some of the new Defender stuff to come through.

And four years down the line nobody has come up with a mesh bulkhead/dog guard for the Commercial version.

lf someone did, they would sell thousands of them.

Back
Top Bottom