The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Will these wheels fit with no interference problems?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
As an aside, and assuming these will actually work and not destroy your truck, that’s an awesome price. I was happy with my $250 per wheel a month ago!

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
All, an update on the situation I experienced and a big thanks to this community for support, perspective, and information. It is truly valuable and appreciated.

I'm the one who put Method MR706s (same size as my OEM 17" wheel except +50mm offset vs. +55mm) as Krabby has a snip above (post #61 on this thread) and dedicated snow tires (same size as OEMs, but different manufacturer). The offset makes the wheel further AWAY from the hub, not closer, so shouldn't have been an issue.

At 200 miles on the odometer, 7 warnings on the tell-tale cluster. And further issues with losing gear, etc. Was a bit sketchy as I just crested an 11,200 Colorado mountain pass, at night, in snow. (Which I later had to drive again to get it ~3 hours back to the dealer)

Dealer confirmed the front right wheel wore through the brake line and damaged the speed sensor. So was throwing all the errors as couldn't tell what was going on with that wheel.

At first the view was that because were after-market, were the cause. And price was $1,400 to fix. Plus needing to remove the Method's.

Texas Grenadier learned that Sewell in Dallas had experienced similar. I called and spoke to Brian and Travis in the service dept. Learned another Grenadier they had sold had made it through the port inspection and their own, but then had the exact same issue on the front right wheel - wore through brake line and damaged speed sensor.

Red Noland, my dealer, has been very supportive and good communicators. John Moore there specifically. They spent another day examining, connecting with Ineos, talking with me about what I learned, etc. They ultimately put a stock wheel on the same hub just to confirm the after-market Methods truly did extend further, not closer, and with their other research, confirmed was not caused by the Method's. And will cover under warranty.

Net, you all are a great source of insight and perspective (potential causes shared, suggestions, making the link to another situation in another state, etc). Should get it back in 2 or so days as airshipped the parts.

Hoping this closes the chapter for me. Thanks all.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All, an update on the situation I experienced and a big thanks to this community for support, perspective, and information. It is truly valuable and appreciated.

I'm the one who put Method MR706s (same size as my OEM 17" wheel except +50mm offset vs. +55mm) as Krabby has a snip above (post #61 on this thread) and dedicated snow tires (same size as OEMs, but different manufacturer). The offset makes the wheel further AWAY from the hub, not closer, so shouldn't have been an issue.

At 200 miles on the odometer, 7 warnings on the tell-tale cluster. And further issues with losing gear, etc. Was a bit sketchy as I just crested an 11,200 Colorado mountain pass, at night, in snow. (Which I later had to drive again to get it ~3 hours back to the dealer)

Dealer confirmed the front right wheel wore through the brake line and damaged the speed sensor. So was throwing all the errors as couldn't tell what was going on with that wheel.

At first the view was that because were after-market, were the cause. And price was $1,400 to fix. Plus needing to remove the Method's.

Texas Grenadier learned that Sewell in Dallas had experienced similar. I called and spoke to Brian and Travis in the service dept. Learned another Grenadier they had sold had made it through the port inspection and their own, but then had the exact same issue on the front right wheel - wore through brake line and damaged speed sensor.

Red Noland, my dealer, has been very supportive and good communicators. John Moore there specifically. They spent another day examining, connecting with Ineos, talking with me about what I learned, etc. They ultimately put a stock wheel on the same hub just to confirm the after-market Methods truly did extend further, not closer, and with their other research, confirmed was not caused by the Method's. And will cover under warranty.

Net, you all are a great source of insight and perspective (potential causes shared, suggestions, making the link to another situation in another state, etc). Should get it back in 2 or so days as airshipped the parts.

Hoping this closes the chapter for me. Thanks all.
That’s great to hear! Hopefully everything will get sorted quickly and get you back on the road!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Glad Red Noland is making things right for you. The story just didn’t add up. Now I need to go climb around the truck in the morning.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
That’s great to hear! Hopefully everything will get sorted quickly and get you back on the road!
It makes me wonder what is wrong with the routing of the brake lines and what the fix is.
Is this related? Most recent post this morning by a member about front brake line issue (I apologize for my poor linking abilities)……….

Post #9
Not the first issue with brake line routing it appears

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
It makes me wonder what is wrong with the routing of the brake lines and what the fix is.

Not the first issue with brake line routing it appears
Short cables with a shallower bend to take up the slack has been the solution. What keeps me scratching my head is how the heck did they fix these during QC at the port prior to transit to the dealers? They would’ve had to bled the brakes too?

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
I agree. but truck is at the dealer 60 miles away. When they get the replacement parts and I can go down with the oem wheels, I can then visually double-check the Method MR706s on the vehicle were as I bought (e.g. 17x7.5, 84.1mm, +50mm) and I know the Firestone tires are same size as OEM (though different manufacturer). Either way it has happened. I don't understand why. But working with what am being told right now.

Only picture i have of it where show tires/wheels - can't see much from angle and lighting)
With your permission, if you see something better. Greetings Paco

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 a las 17.44.42.png

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What keeps me scratching my head is how the heck did they fix these during QC at the port prior to transit to the dealers? They would’ve had to bled the brakes too?
If they replaced brake lines, then yes, they bled the brakes, but that is a very simple and straightforward procedure... Assuming other ports are set up like the Port of Baltimore, the W&W port staff have effectively a normal repair facility style set up, and are used to installing all sorts of accessories on a wide variety of vehicles that they ship. Additionally, a large number of the staff that work at the port for W&W are ex dealer techs

frcnducted

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my passenger and driver side(US) brake line routing. This may help identify lines that were not updated at port just by sharing and comparing. My speed sensor wires have 3 support clips per brakeline.PXL_20240101_225720697.jpgPXL_20240101_223807780.jpg Cheers and Happy New Year

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Looking good. My 706s are waiting for my truck to come home.

What lug nuts did you purchase to go with your wheels?
Paperwork is saying 'WCA 14x1.5 SDET hardware lug kit WZ5614SEB'. Pulled info from this site where someone posted 'M14x1.5, and 40mm long (for closed lug nuts)' and that is what I told the tire shop and what they ordered. And are working great. Good luck to you!

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Looking good. My 706s are waiting for my truck to come home.

What lug nuts did you purchase to go with your wheels?
I bought the set directly from Method so there would be no mismatch. I plan to install a set of Goodyear Duratrac 285's when the vehicle arrives. (possibly in 3 - 4 weeks).

Back
Top Bottom