The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is ordering the compass?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
IWC? Made in Tunisia?

🤔

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
I fully agree, not easy to read…..
I agree, in the 3 months I've had the Grenadier I've never been able to read it. I put it down to my eyes 👀, I wear long range glasses for driving but for close reading I have to change to short range reading glasses 👓. The altitude is displayed on the touch screen anyway, which i can see, and in the 🇬🇧 a compass is hardly necessary. I didn't order it, it is standard in the Fieldmaster

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
Would be happy if I could even read it! Definitely not worth the money. I should have bought an aftermarket clock.
As it happens the software update fixed ours today. And I used my wife to take readings.
If I ever get lost , she will be with me. And I will have packed a proper map!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As it happens the software update fixed ours today. And I used my wife to take readings.
If I ever get lost , she will be with me. And I will have packed a proper map!
Isn't that what the "Pathfinder" function is for? But I'd take a map...just in case of a very very rare software failure

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
That's reassuring.

An IWC made in Tunisia - the planet would stop turning. 😰

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
Isn't that what the "Pathfinder" function is for? But I'd take a map...just in case of a very very rare software failure
That sounds far too complicated.
But yes , a real map and a real compass, says me as always with a backup for the backup :).
In case the vehicle catches fire.

Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Wouldn't a digital gage like this on be a better use of that space, especially given so many people have reported battery charging issues

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, in the 3 months I've had the Grenadier I've never been able to read it. I put it down to my eyes 👀, I wear long range glasses for driving but for close reading I have to change to short range reading glasses 👓. The altitude is displayed on the touch screen anyway, which i can see, and in the 🇬🇧 a compass is hardly necessary. I didn't order it, it is standard in the Fieldmaster
Snap, the same issue with glasses!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
Me too, old tech is just cool. I always made sure the Scouts in my sons’ Troop really knew how to use a compass.
Nowadays, many people need their iphone to find their way. If they are looking for it at all.

Back
Top Bottom