The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is ordering the compass?

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
I think an analog clock would go great there instead. Could an aftermarket vendor offer one in the future? In which case I'd just skip the compass.

Like in the Defender.

images
images

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Isn’t there a compass screen on the infotainment?
Seems like a big expense to get a second compass.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Isn’t there a compass screen on the infotainment?
Seems like a big expense to get a second compass.
It's more an aesthetic thing for me. Not a fan if the blue and red logo in a sea of grey plastic, and the compass fits in very nicely with the interior. It's good for doing roadbooks while also using other systems on the nav

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
During the early stages of my order I decided I would go for as base a model as I could possibly achieve with the thought of modifying everything over the coming years. By the time I pressed the button, had everything bar the winches and roof-rack. 🤷‍♂️

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The beauty of this vehicle is enhanced by the endless possibilities.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
Technically you don't need it as the Head Unit (center display) will show the altitude, and in case of a nav system the heading as well. The latter one will only refer to the last heading you moved to (i.e. no static heading for nav systems). But maybe the static heading data is available in the Head Unit anyway, I don't know.

I agree to @Spjnr for the aesthetic part. And it's convenient to have it always visible without having to tinker around with the center display.

Typo corrected.

Last edited:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
It's more an aesthetic thing for me. Not a fan if the blue and red logo in a sea of grey plastic, and the compass fits in very nicely with the interior. It's good for doing roadbooks while also using other systems on the nav
Same here. The sheer size of the Ineos logo right in the centre of everything seemed a bit tacky to me.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
The logo does look tacky, I would have loved the compass just because it does look better than the logo but I aimed to keep the cost down. I also figured the main screen has one, and I never needed one before so what would I do with two. Ideally I want a nice analogue clock in there. But those needing USB you could install or wait for something to come to market that also has a cover when not in use.

Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
What I really want to know is if the compass or other potential module can be added later (e.g. the wiring harness includes a powered plug in that location). Just need someone to pop out the logo and take a look-see, ha.

Back
Top Bottom