The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Who 'dailies' a Grenadier? Good, bad, and other experiences?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
How much Adblue is left in the tank when the 'Adblue Reserve' warning comes on? Is there some way of calculating how much is in the tank apart from waiting for the warning light? Anyone know what the range is while driving on 'reserve"?
You can use the button on the end of the light stalk to step through 6 readouts from average fuel, current fuel, distance travelled and adblue range etc.
In the main menu you can also see remaining adblue in litres/gallons.
Don't mess around with how much left in the tank because it will stop and refuse to restart.
I got stuck on the side of the road with a Landrover hire car that ran out of adblue.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
You can use the button on the end of the light stalk to step through 6 readouts from average fuel, current fuel, distance travelled and adblue range etc.
Don't mess around with how much left in the tank because it will stop and refuse to restart.
I got stuck on the side of the road with a Landrover hire car that ran out of adblue.
I have a 2L tin in the truck at all times which I used to top up once, then fill with new stock when doing a full ad-b refill.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
I believe that we have been told that it won’t stop running, but won’t restart if it is empty.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is my daily vehicle, averages around 400-420 miles to a tank. It gets used every day, around the farm and 2 or 3 times a week it’ll do a 40 mile journey. Occasionally an 80-100 mile run.

Doesn’t go into the city often, only done it twice but it was fine, no issues at all (I am used to driving a 5.5m van though, my wife is used to driving a Fiat 500 or an old Defender 90 so finds the Ineos a bit cumbersome in town.)

I do wonder if I should have got the petrol one. 🤔
Agree with all you say. Only difference being, as lush as the petrol sounds, I'm pretty happy with my diesel.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is petrol, rather than diesel, a lot of thought went into that decision. Living on an island means fuel is more expensive - but long journeys a rarity. It is my daily driver, most journeys around the 15/20 mile mark. The roads tend to be full of potholes at this time of year, lots of loose stuff etc.

it was the right decision :)
Logsplitter chose petrol for what I would guess were similar reasons to you.
I found it a difficult choice before choosing diesel. My rationale was, in the longer term, they won't be electrifying diesel trucks for some time yet. As a result, diesel would be around for a long time. I would put good money on petrol also lasting longer than governments would have us believe.

Back
Top Bottom