The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which models can be ordered?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
In the price list we have only seen the utility version and the Trailmaster / Fieldmaster editions. So I wanted to know from Ineos what's with the standard station wagon and asked this question:

"Will there be a NORMAL version of the Station Wagon in Germany?"

And here is what they answered:

"All our models are also sold in Germany with standard equipment."

Since the price lists didn't include the standard station wagon in most (all?) countries, this might not only apply in Germany.

It remains exciting.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
emax said:
In the price list we have only seen the utility version and the Trailmaster / Fieldmaster editions. So I wanted to know from Ineos what's with the standard station wagon and asked this question:

"Will there be a NORMAL version of the Station Wagon in Germany?"

And here is what they answered:

"All our models are also sold in Germany with standard equipment."

Since the price lists didn't include the standard station wagon in most (all?) countries, this might not only apply in Germany.

It remains exciting.

Standard 5 seat Grenadier is on the UK price list. £52k

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, good to know.

SvenGren

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Standard 5 seater on the UK price list? Isn't this the Utility then, hence with less legroom and more upright 2nd row? I asked the same question to Ineos about a non-edition SW and when, no answer so far. I guess our reservation for early ordering will only be valid during the edition-only time frame, intentionally. They want to make the most money out of the early adopters. I am a bit annoyed, tbh. Regards

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
SvenGren said:
Standard 5 seater on the UK price list? Isn't this the Utility then, hence with less legroom and more upright 2nd row? I asked the same question to Ineos about a non-edition SW and when, no answer so far. I guess our reservation for early ordering will only be valid during the edition-only time frame, intentionally. They want to make the most money out of the early adopters. I am a bit annoyed, tbh. Regards

The "standard" grenadier will be the utility 5 seat spec and orderable from launch, as will all the others. Don't see the issue really, as the Belstaff editions come with everything you'd realistically want in a daily driver, and if you want a stripped out model, then chances are the U5 would do the job! after all the only difference is the rear seats

SvenGren

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
No sweat. But for me both editions have lots of stuff I do not want, but I really want a max of creature comfort for the second row. That said, a non edition SW to tailor my personal package would be great. I will reach 68k as well, unfortunately ? It is not about having a stripped car, it is about choice and getting rid of packages, editions and stuff... Cheers

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
SvenGren said:
Standard 5 seater on the UK price list? Isn't this the Utility then, hence with less legroom and more upright 2nd row?

In Australian price list we have Utility wagon and Station wagon as well ( plus Trialmaster and Fieldmaster editions) 

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
After reading the different country specs and price list documents, my take away is they have a consistancy issue. Tables interchanged (example German overview fuel consumption) product codes are mixed (Station Wagon Code UK is the same as the UW-5 in German). Let's See how things improve.

SvenGren

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Now I got a reply from Customer Service Germany. They told me that from May 18 also the standard non-edition SW can be configurated and ordered tailored to our needs. That is all I wanted to read. I do not know why they didn't depict this clearly in brochure and price list making the impression that only edition SW exist. Cheers

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> why they didn't depict this clearly ...

Because the papers were buggy. And they are still. From April 28th, which was version 1 to May 5th: version 5. 

A new version every day  ... ?

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
SvenGren said:
Now I got a reply from Customer Service Germany. They told me that from May 18 also the standard non-edition SW can be configurated and ordered tailored to our needs. That is all I wanted to read. I do not know why they didn't depict this clearly in brochure and price list making the impression that only edition SW exist. Cheers

That is really good news!I was going to configure the Trialmaster to my wishes, but dont need the snorkel and the overhead switchboard which cannot be unsubscribed. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very few people "need" the snorkel or overhead switches, Honestly who really takes the risk of going into water over 800mm deep. 
But we have a lot of gravel dusty roads so maybe the snorkel would be good, maybe even the cyclone attachment. 
I started off going for the Fieldmaster because I didn't need a lot of the features of the Trialmaster.
But hen I thought I want to add LED lightbars and work lights so the high current switch panel would be good.  
I want to put a fridge and chairs etc in the back so the tie down utility rails would be good. 
I am going to Fraser Island so I need somewhere to attach Max tracks, shovel and my wifes SUP paddles, so the external utility panels could be handy. 
I want the diff locks and K02 tyres so I can deal with sand and muddy tracks. 

I guess the best part is they are offering so many options that you can select one at a time. 
A bit like a Lego vehicle

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
When I attended a walk around here in the UK, they were very keen to point out the raised tube is not a snorkel, and as such its not sealed for water and would not work if taken under water. Its use is limited to a raised air intake, probably ideal if your in dusty or dry climates, but maybe not so much use here In the UK. It does look the part though!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I have btw watched maybe three dozens of such videos and couldn't stop shaking my head and sometimes laughing.

The thing is, that there some guys apparently think, "the faster I go the quicker it's over". They were right - but in a different way: Game over after a few seconds. The point is, that one must keep the bow wave as small as possible. Then, there is a fair chance to get away without a major problem - if the water is not tooooo deep ...

But some morons relied on their 200 HP. I have mostly counted BMWs, Volkswagen-based cars (VW, Audi &Co.) and Mercedes (Sprinters ...) which failed. AndI Ivecos failed, Scanias, VW Amarok and others. But Isuzus didn't ....

An interesting study before one decides for an overlanding car.

There was e.g. a BMW which was stopped in the middle of the water when the water had already gone back and was not any more really deep. When the driver opened the door, water came out. And all the electronics where ruined. In a car with 100 ECUs, there is almost no chance to repair the damage - because OBD no longer gives you any answer ...

So where to start diagnosis? 

"Some water" in the car can easily cost you the entire car. And if the motor gets a water strike, the game is really over.

When they finally pulled the cars out of the water, I could see that the drive wheels often were blocking: Automatic gearboxes are nowadays mostly controlled electronically. So the drive train was blocked. It really hurts to watch.

And even if they got though, many of them lost their bumpers, plastic parts and the like.

What a risk for a standard-car, just to save a 4 miles detour.

The 4x4s in the second Video show the difference.

Funnily, the police didn't stop the cars. Instead she took a video ...  :)

Ok, end off topic. ;-)

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If you absolutly had to get thru a section like in the video, would it make any sense to go thru in reverse? I looks straight enough. Might that keep the wave away from the intake? 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Only if you wanted to fill your exhaust, catalytic converters and engine up with water.
You can see the intelligent drivers are driving slowly and not having a problem. 
Good thing in the Grenadier is the switch for wading which disconnects the fan to avoid damaging the radiator and the fan. 
The car can wade though 800mm, 31.5 inches or 2.6 feet without the raised air intake if you know how to drive.
Not really any higher without it. 
If the water on the indicator is higher than that then don't do it. 
You can see quite a few people with those stupid SUV's killing their cars and even Land Drovers with poor driving 

Local time
Reaction score
If we avoid for a moment digressing further into the abilities and choices made by poor/inexperienced drivers, as amplified by numerous videos in the universe, and get back onto the 'need for a snorkel', many regard a snorkel more as insurance; one doesn't always need it, but when needed, it will save your engine and trip.

In my past 30 odd years of 4wding here in Australia, many river/water crossings would just not be 'viable' without a raised air-intake. Even when one can initially walk a crossing to verify depth and find an appropriate path (not always possible such as in croc-infested northern Australia of course), one cannot guarantee that water will not find its way into the low-lying intake, even if water-depth is less than 0.8m.  In addition, on hot, dusty roads, the air taken from the engine bay or inner guard is not always the coolest or cleanest.

I can see that many people will buy the Grenadier for much lighter 4wding, and yep, a snorkel may not be necessary for them. It is the same that not everyone will need a bullbar, or indeed, many of the accessories. But for those that will take the car on expeditions where they might appreciate the benefits of cleaner, cooler air fed from a higher point on the car, with better engine protection from dust and water, the additional cost of a snorkel may be a small price to pay.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
The snorkel is INCLUDED on the Trialmaster edition, I guess reflecting expected level of off-road use.

I have never had a snorkel on my car but do they they increase the level of obstruction through the front A pillar ?

Anyway - I assume that as a post purchase accessory - a snorkel can be added at a later time.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I would fit a snorkel as well. Better have it than need it.

But for my profile it is in fact something just nice to have. I assess my off-road share at never more than 5%: Green-laning is mostly forbidden in Germany. So only holidays remain for offroading e.g. in Sicily, Sardinia, Greece or the Carpathians.

For the other 95%, the raised air intake significantly increases drag. The Granadier's drag coefficient is maybe that of the Buckingham Palace, but it gets even worse with the raised air intake. I remember a friend of mine had a Fiat X1/9: With the front lights folded out, the Vmax dropped by well 5 km/h ...

Back
Top Bottom