The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Where is your Grenadier?

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Haleluia! I just received word from RDS that my G has arrived at the store. It has arrived without the hitch I had ordered and my pre order number was 9451 and my VIN is 7320. I am on vacation, so the timing is perfect since I am having many options installed by RDS.
This is exactly what frustrates me about this whole sham process from Ineos. My preorder is 9382, vin is 7039 and dealership is RDS. Mine has been sitting in Baltimore since mid Nov. I literally reserved 2 mins after the reservation emails went out.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is exactly what frustrates me about this whole sham process from Ineos. My preorder is 9382, vin is 7039 and dealership is RDS. Mine has been sitting in Baltimore since mid Nov. I literally reserved 2 mins after the reservation emails went out.
Same situation and VIN range. The high voltage accessory inspection and trailer hitch removal has added to the delay/uncertainty.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
Maybe some ports are more efficient than others? My VIN is 6999 and I've been driving mine for a week; but mine landed in Brunswick, not Baltimore.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe some ports are more efficient than others? My VIN is 6999 and I've been driving mine for a week; but mine landed in Brunswick, not Baltimore.
I normally wouldn't mind if mine was built later since I would expect less first batch issues. But the fact that mine was built in the first batch and will be delivered later is very frustrating. I will be taking the risk while not reaping the reward of early delivery.

dbaudoin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello dbaudoin,

I am also one of the early pre-orders and VINs (00695X) that was told my IG was at the port awaiting shipping to the dealer since early December. My last communication directly with Ineos informed me that my vehicle is still in Europe awaiting shipment to the U.S. I asked my dealer and Ineos why the location of my vehicle changed (U.S. port in early December and now in Europe awaiting shipment to the U.S.) and they basically have no answer other than the communication below from Ineos:

"I can assure you that your vin number is correct and I can guarantee that your vehicle has been built!
It won't be much longer until you can finally get your hands on one of our new Grenadiers, and we are looking forward to getting you behind the wheel!"

When I asked my dealer why the location of my vehicle suddenly changed from at the U.S. port awaiting delivery to still in Europe awaiting transport to the U.S., the GM said they would investigate this and get back to me by last Friday with clarification. Tomorrow will be another week without the promised response from the dealer.

I am beginning to wonder if something happened to the vehicle as no one has a clear explanation for the sudden change in location nor for the delays in transport. Also, with my "delivering" dealer being a five hour drive away, I foresee additional challenges if my vehicle has any of the multiple issues being reported by other IG owners on this forum.
I understand your frustration. My VIN is close to yours. I don't think it is the dealer, it is Ineos. Ineos Automotive in the UK is apparently closed this week, adding to lack of info.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Port logistics is not optimal. VINS in the 7800 range were delivered to RDS two weeks before mine showed up. I think they might be using “first in, last out” inventory management at times At the Baltimore facility. If your G is first to be unloaded at the port, it could be last out of the yard to be loaded on a carrier. I can not fault the Dealer. They are handcuffed to a point. It is not easy for them to even get an invoice to the buyer quickly. Having worked with other manufacturers for 50 years, those Mfrs supply invoices very quickly by comparison.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Port logistics is not optimal. VINS in the 7800 range were delivered to RDS two weeks before mine showed up. I think they might be using “first in, last out” inventory management at times At the Baltimore facility. If your G is first to be unloaded at the port, it could be last out of the yard to be loaded on a carrier. I can not fault the Dealer. They are handcuffed to a point. It is not easy for them to even get an invoice to the buyer quickly. Having worked with other manufacturers for 50 years, those Mfrs supply invoices very quickly by comparison.
Makes sense. Mine is 72xx and just arrived to RDS today.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
maybe in the future Ineos will provide an option to pick up your car at the port, and we won't have to wait for 6 weeks for some car hauler to deliver it to a dealership that is a 3-hour drive away. :)

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
This thread should be called the "I'm so friggin' impatient" discussion. I've said it here before, we expect logic, yet chaos prevails. Everyone here should know by now that your reservation date, pre-order date, VIN# and whatever the Ineos website told you mean nothing. Same as that spreadsheet provided by dbaudoin. I know my VIN is on a certain ship on its way to the west coast, yet it is not on that list. I've been tracking it and that's the only truth I have. Ineos will not divulge any shipping info to you or your dealer. Get used to it!

dbaudoin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This thread should be called the "I'm so friggin' impatient" discussion. I've said it here before, we expect logic, yet chaos prevails. Everyone here should know by now that your reservation date, pre-order date, VIN# and whatever the Ineos website told you mean nothing. Same as that spreadsheet provided by dbaudoin. I know my VIN is on a certain ship on its way to the west coast, yet it is not on that list. I've been tracking it and that's the only truth I have. Ineos will not divulge any shipping info to you or your dealer. Get used to it!
Jeffrey, Can you provide any insight as to how you know it is on a vessel? Not being critical, I am trying to determine where mine is right now. TYIA.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think they are doing "first in, last out" also. I keep reading about people who ordered this year getting delivery while I have been waiting from the start. I have been doing mental gymnastics to still justify going ahead with my purchase. I am seeing more negatives each day that passes.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think they are doing "first in, first out" also. I keep reading about people who ordered this year getting delivery while I have been waiting from the start. I have been doing mental gymnastics to still justify going ahead with my purchase. I am seeing more negatives each day that passes.
Mine has been in Baltimore since Nov.15th, and just arrived to RDS. I am more excited than ever!

Hang in there!

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think they are doing "first in, first out" also. I keep reading about people who ordered this year getting delivery while I have been waiting from the start. I have been doing mental gymnastics to still justify going ahead with my purchase. I am seeing more negatives each day that passes.
I know it seems like voodoo and black magic, but if you can understand what it's like to manufacture such a complex product in batches with so many variants, then you'll understand that Ineos needs to build these things in an order that is efficient, based on parts and materials availability, subject to manpower fluctuations, legal issues, quality assurance issues, problem solving and putting out fires on a regular basis. I've been in manufacturing on a smaller scale, and most folks really don't know what it's like to build something like this. Especially for a NEW auto manufacturer. And then there's storage, and shipping the vehicles all over the world. Try THIS at home! I strongly suggest being more patient. I'm working on that myself....

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, I would argue that Grenadier buyers have been very patient in general, many have been following its development since early 2020 (or earlier), and probably put off options of purchasing other vehicles while patiently waiting for its release to the US market. This recent let-down happened when the expectation was not properly managed during the final delivery phase with some folks being led to believe that they would be able to take delivery before EOY 2023 but in reality, Jan/Feb 2024 will be more realistic.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know it seems like voodoo and black magic, but if you can understand what it's like to manufacture such a complex product in batches with so many variants, then you'll understand that Ineos needs to build these things in an order that is efficient, based on parts and materials availability, subject to manpower fluctuations, legal issues, quality assurance issues, problem solving and putting out fires on a regular basis. I've been in manufacturing on a smaller scale, and most folks really don't know what it's like to build something like this. Especially for a NEW auto manufacturer. And then there's storage, and shipping the vehicles all over the world. Try THIS at home! I strongly suggest being more patient. I'm working on that myself....
Honestly just because you or I aren’t auto manufacturers doesnt give a pass to Ineos or the dealers (for those that appear to have issues) for what may appear as incompetence. If you read through the comments from those overseas, the US is facing similar problems to our overseas brethren. Communication issues, “defects”/manufacturing issues, delays, etc. are still present. Either Ineos doesn’t care or the people running the company aren’t good at their jobs.

Yes I do expect any new venture to have their issues but to not learn from our address those mistakes should make one wonder if this brand will take off or go the way of Tucker, Edsel, and DeLorean.

Local time
Reaction score
Honestly just because you or I aren’t auto manufacturers doesnt give a pass to Ineos or the dealers (for those that appear to have issues) for what may appear as incompetence. If you read through the comments from those overseas, the US is facing similar problems to our overseas brethren. Communication issues, “defects”/manufacturing issues, delays, etc. are still present. Either Ineos doesn’t care or the people running the company aren’t good at their jobs.

Yes I do expect any new venture to have their issues but to not learn from our address those mistakes should make one wonder if this brand will take off or go the way of Tucker, Edsel, and DeLorean.
100%. Ineos should remember who is taking the risk at full price.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah, there are some problems. Just like any automobile manufacturer, especially a very new one. But, for every complaint I hear, I see many happy owners that are enjoying every minute of ownership. We should all know by now that the internet is mainly a place for complainers and wankers. Most satisfied owners keep to themselves, and there are more of them. This applies to all products and services.

Back
Top Bottom