The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Yeah I chose to get the heated seats on my Aussie rig. Even on Maui where it’s perpetually hot/warm I used mine every day. Good way to loosen up the back.
How wonderful for you that you live somewhere it never gets cold, but I assure you there many places on the globe that do get cold, and some of them even start with the letter A, just like Australia and Africa! I might offer Antarctica, Alaska, the Americas (north AND south)

In fact, the largest market for the grenadier is (checks notes) North America.

Wonderful!
I think IA have had to draw a line in the option sand somewhere, considering it's ethos is based on providing a vehicle with less electronics rather than more.
I think because NA is usually provided with high option vehicles unlike many other countries, consumers demand that they have them. When the list of features came out for the Grenadier it was interesting to see the amount of comments from NA saying why doesn't it have 7 seats, heated wheel, etc etc.
It will be interesting to see if IA up the option list in coming years, I have a feeling it may not happen.
Time will tell.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
How wonderful for you that you live somewhere it never gets cold, but I assure you there many places on the globe that do get cold, and some of them even start with the letter A, just like Australia and Africa! I might offer Antarctica, Alaska, the Americas (north AND south)

Wonderful!
Yeah I chose to get the heated seats on my Aussie rig. Even on Maui where it’s perpetually hot/warm I used mine every day. Good way to loosen up the back.

Wonderful!

I think IA have had to draw a line in the option sand somewhere, considering it's ethos is based on providing a vehicle with less rather than more.
I think because NA is usually provided with high option vehicles unlike many other countries, consumers demand that they have them. When the list of features came out for the Grenadier it was interesting to see the amount of comments from NA saying why doesn't it have 7 seats, heated wheel, electric seats, et al.

It will be interesting to see if IA up the option list in coming years, I have a feeling it may not happen.
Time will tell.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
There is just too much overlap between models.
In NA there are 3 models
If you pick enough boxes the differences are minuscule.
I don’t think that was intended.
As far as market segmentation it causes problems of clarity.

Ineos' intention has always been a single model for the entire world.

They spec'd up two variations to make importation red tape less cumbersome. Greg Clark has specifically stated this.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Late to the party, I guess.
The one feature not included (outside of forementioned, but would have loved to have
For me/us, would be adaptive cruise control.

When doing "off road" (clearly not the majority of time), we are accustomed to being more attuned and a bit more observant to the environment around (terrain, obstacles, route etc) and where we hope to spend more time. The rest of the time however (and with disdain) will be spent on roads having to be 'on point' more about the other drivers around us, which can be more exhausting than a full day over rutted out Maine roads.

The less I have to worry about constantly looking over, the more can focus on avoiding the other crazies out there.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
Late to the party, I guess.
The one feature not included (outside of forementioned, but would have loved to have
For me/us, would be adaptive cruise control.

When doing "off road" (clearly not the majority of time), we are accustomed to being more attuned and a bit more observant to the environment around (terrain, obstacles, route etc) and where we hope to spend more time. The rest of the time however (and with disdain) will be spent on roads having to be 'on point' more about the other drivers around us, which can be more exhausting than a full day over rutted out Maine roads.

The less I have to worry about constantly looking over, the more can focus on avoiding the other crazies out there.
Hi Flynnsk
This option has been mentioned by several of us over the last year or so. Sadly, not available and no doubt an expensive retrofit. Managed without for several decades so likely not the essential I think it might be.

[ Adam ]

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi Flynnsk
This option has been mentioned by several of us over the last year or so. Sadly, not available and no doubt an expensive retrofit. Managed without for several decades so likely not the essential I think it might be.
Agreed.

FWIW - I've driven cars that have adaptive cruise, and I really didn't like it. In fact - the only thing I like less than driving a car with adaptive cruise is driving behind one with it turned on.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi Flynnsk
Yeah, I know. Saw that this seemed to have turned into a sort of "wish" list, besides the already accounted for design choices (ie, hump, manual, diesel , etc).

We do a lot of driving from the Mid West to New England. More times than I can count, (particularly in Michigan and CT it seems) traffic goes from freeway speeds (55, yeah right) down to 'town' (strict 35) and everywhere in between. After having ACC, almost like 1st time <insert adjective event> and then being told that was the last time ;-/ . Right up there with heated seats for cold climate / ventilated seats for hot climate. Just one of those things, once have had can't undo.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, I can suggest a few

6th & 7th seats
Heated front screen
Rear cup holders
Heated rear seats
Slightly longer load bed
1000kg carrying capacity
Rear sunroof or alpine windows
Onboard air or, even better:
CTIS

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Central Tire Inflation System
Thank you, yes.

First time I saw it was on a Unimog. Man, I love Unimogs. I’ve had a couple if very old ones (404’s). They definitely didn’t have CTIS 😂

I do believe some old Russian off-road trucks like the Zil 131 have it. Now that would be an interesting project…

Back
Top Bottom