The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's everyone driving...?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
Big difference between the hardtop and softop?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
I‘m not a man like Sir Jim R 😂
and a „real“ cobra I will not drive on normal streets.
I think there are only around 100 left in the world.
Legend.

Chelsea Tractor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
10 years 137k principally off-road miles on a 958 Cayenne diesel. Have driven up to the frozen Arctic Ocean after ice racing on the Yukon River at Dawson City. Many BDR routes never taking an 'easy' by-pass, Moab, on down to the hot Chihuahuan Desert. Getting a petrol Grenadier as our ULSD diesel limits us to only North America.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
10 years 137k principally off-road miles on a 958 Cayenne diesel. Have driven up to the frozen Arctic Ocean after ice racing on the Yukon River at Dawson City. Many BDR routes never taking an 'easy' by-pass, Moab, on down to the hot Chihuahuan Desert. Getting a petrol Grenadier as our ULSD diesel limits us to only North America.
Question from the Antipodes… what is ice racing in this context?

As you’ll see discussed elsewhere, while high sulfur diesel comes with some additional maintence implications, it is in not a showstopper.

Chelsea Tractor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
Question from the Antipodes… what is ice racing in this context?
As you’ll see discussed elsewhere, while high sulfur diesel comes with some additional maintence implications, it is in not a showstopper.
Jan Kalmar drove his European 958 diesel on adventures like from Norway to South Africa then the entire coastline of Australia. Thought we could do the same, showstopper with a NA ULSD diesel.
Newer North American diesel engines will not run on diesel with a sulfur content higher than a maximum of 15 parts per million (ppm) of sulfur.
After 2010 all NA vehicles must be designed to run on only ULSD. For us our 2013 958 will go into limp mode for a while then not restart after being shut down.
Ice racing is essentially a road course laid out all on ice, frozen rivers, lake. Winner has the quickest time to complete. Studded winter tires are very helpful.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Jan Kalmar drove his European 958 diesel on adventures like from Norway to South Africa then the entire coastline of Australia. Thought we could do the same, showstopper with a NA ULSD diesel.
Newer North American diesel engines will not run on diesel with a sulfur content higher than a maximum of 15 parts per million (ppm) of sulfur.
After 2010 all NA vehicles must be designed to run on only ULSD. For us our 2013 958 will go into limp mode for a while then not restart after being shut down.
Ice racing is essentially a road course laid out all on ice, frozen rivers, lake. Winner has the quickest time to complete. Studded winter tires are very helpful.
The ice racing sounds great! My mistake, I thought the 958 had the V6 out of the Touareg. Otis looks like a beast.

Back
Top Bottom