The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's everyone driving...?

Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
What am I driving you ask, well it’s a humble but multidisciplined Ute compared to few other postings on this thread.

It’s a Holden (GM / Isuzu) Colorado space cab, it’s the third GM / Isuzu derivative Ute I’ve owned. I haven’t been disappointed with any of them.

This one pulls harrows.
Pulls a cattle trailer.
Pulls trees.
Can spread fertilizer and seed.
Sprays weeds and acts as a fire tender.
Can carry and dump loads.

Refer to the attached photo's

Yes, I would have preferred the Ute version of the Grenadier so as not to worry about carrying extra fuel and wheels but it’ll be a good replacement for the Subaru Forester we have. The Ute’s got a good few years to go, after the adaptations I’ve made to it.

Good luck with your Grenadiers,
Grey Nomad.

Attachments

• 1 Harrows.JPG
    1 Harrows.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2 Cattle Trailer.JPG
    2 Cattle Trailer.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 3 Trees.JPG
    3 Trees.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 4 Spreader.JPG
    4 Spreader.JPG
    506.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 5 Sprayer.JPG
    5 Sprayer.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 6 Tip Truck.JPG
    6 Tip Truck.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 18

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
I’m about to sell my like new, I really love it GMC AT4-with 420+hp and nearly 500lb torque-and drive, until the IG comes Stateside, a 2009 Honda Fit/Jazz with 158k miles. 🫤 Oh-it’s purple too.

Buuuut, my commute is only 4 miles and very uneventful. The used market is still strong so this will allow me to net a fair sum and it’ll let me put down a no less than an extra $10k when the time comes. But still … Pray for me.

Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
I’m about to sell my like new, I really love it GMC AT4-with 420+hp and nearly 500lb torque-and drive, until the IG comes Stateside, a 2009 Honda Fit/Jazz with 158k miles. 🫤 Oh-it’s purple too.

Buuuut, my commute is only 4 miles and very uneventful. The used market is still strong so this will allow me to net a fair sum and it’ll let me put down a no less than an extra $10k when the time comes. But still … Pray for me.
The GM 6.2 is one of the best engines in North America!

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Long time since I posted on any forum. I'm driving a Defender 110 SE, collected in October and I'm loving it, super smooth on the road and spectacular off it. My other car is a Porsche Macan which I've also loved but it's probably time to part with it. Too much carpet and too many dog hairs so it's off for a valeting then sale. Frustrated that my only drive of the Grenadier has been the prototype off road. What's it like on tarmac, how does it perform? Still so many questions. Have one on order, awaiting contract but will I run it alongside the Defender? I cannot understand those who queue up to trash the Defender. I too was prejudiced until I drove one. Two four-wheeled dog kennels might be stretching things a bit, but I'll see how it goes, have kept the faith so far!

Local time
Reaction score
I'm currently driving a '99 Land Rover Discovery Series 1. Just shy of 400k on the clock and looks a tad worse for wear but the lockers work and she goes where ever you point her. She's rust free and solid with lots of trail love. Kitted out very similar to my preferred Grenadier order spec with ko2s, full length rhino rack, batwing awning, rear ladder, second battery, solar charger, and ARB 50L fridge.

The new defender and new discos have gone further and further in the wrong direction imho.

Other cars in the stable are a few vintage BMWs, a '71 tintop wesfalia, an '04 audi allroad and a '13 nissan leaf for the commute.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I notice you haven’t turned on a county flag, but given your claim of a rust free D1, you either live in a) the Sahara b) Death Valley, c) Dubai, d) Never-never-land. 🤣

Welcome to the forum. Your car collection sounds wonderful. Given your username, are you a BMW mechanic by trade?

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I notice you haven’t turned on a county flag, but given your claim of a rust free D1, you either live in a) the Sahara b) Death Valley, c) Dubai, d) Never-never-land. 🤣

Welcome to the forum. Your car collection sound wonderful. Given your username, are you a BMW mechanic by trade?
Rust free D1...

Must live in a computer simulation

Local time
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. Your car collection sound wonderful. Given your username, are you a BMW mechanic by trade?
D1 started life in West Texas, I bought it off a collage kid who brought it to Nashville for school a few years back and couldn't get it tagged after an attempted cat converter theft damaged the wiring harness. It was $800 and to say it was in a state of neglect is an understatement, but it was rust free so I got to work. Threw it up on jacks stands and went through the suspension, axles, brakes, transfer case, driveshafts, cooling system, power steering, AC, and refreshed the engine so it wasn't leaking. I outfitted it, and started driving it all over with the family. It's had more miles piled on in the last 4 years than my '14 fj had before I sold it. Having owned a modern Toyota I'm very familiar with keeping frame rust at bay and coated the rover thoroughly with lanolin early and often as it was disassembled.

As for the username, once upon a time I was a BMW Master Technician, since leaving the trade full time I've revised it to BMW Master Magician, not to to be confused with the former obviously. I now punch the clock for the local govt so I could go back to having fun tinkering on cars in my spare time.

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
I'll kick of with:

Discovery 4
Lotus Esprit V8GT

and yes, there appears to be a British thing going on here.

´98 MB Sprinter 902 2.9 DELA, RV conversion, 2"lift w 265/75/16, auto, rear lockers, 580´k..in perfect shape (engine being rebuilt as we speak)
´90 VW Golf Mark II 1.6. 2E2/2B2 conversion, 280´k in good working order, runaround, body needs a bit of TLC
´00 Kawasaki Ninja 250, US Import with 2´k in spotless condition, hardly used.
ex
´85 300GD (96-09) ex convertible
`85 280GE (02-09) ex Chelsea Tractor
´80 230G (00-09) ex USArmy, low compression engine
..geared up for heavy commercial off-road, ceded
ex
many more, one of them
´79 CJ 7 (84-86) Renegade V8 QuadraTrac in fire cracker red w 50´mls..sold out of stupidity..

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
* Land Rover Defender D250 2023
* Lexus LX 470 2000 Imported from Dubai in 2002. Never sold new in Norway and Europe these, and will NEVER be sold by me!
*BMW 118D Xdrive

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
´98 MB Sprinter 902 2.9 DELA, RV conversion, 2"lift w 265/75/16, auto, rear lockers, 580´k..in perfect shape (engine being rebuilt as we speak)
´90 VW Golf Mark II 1.6. 2E2/2B2 conversion, 280´k in good working order, runaround, body needs a bit of TLC
´00 Kawasaki Ninja 250, US Import with 2´k in spotless condition, hardly used.
ex
´85 300GD (96-09) ex convertible
`85 280GE (02-09) ex Chelsea Tractor
´80 230G (00-09) ex USArmy, low compression engine
..geared up for heavy commercial off-road, ceded
ex
many more, one of them
´79 CJ 7 (84-86) Renegade V8 QuadraTrac in fire cracker red w 50´mls..sold out of stupidity..
You must at least have five of DaveB's sheds.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
'17 Nissan Navara - wife's tow car
'20 L200 - my work car
'15 Vauxhall Astra - wife's daily commute

analogvernon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1943 ford Gpw ex USAAF airfield in East of England.
1944 Gmc CCKW Bolster Truck and trailer.
1944 White Scout car M1
1950 Willys Truck CPC ex Denmark export order
2021 Toyota pickup.
sold all the usual LR,s
just like plugs and points, and rebuilding swivel housings.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which engine does your X5 have? Hopefully a B57 or 58 so you can share your experiences!

Back
Top Bottom