The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's everyone driving...?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Both
Significantly less tech & wiring to remove and replace
The Grenadier has also been engineered from the start to be both a wagon and an extended wheelbase dual cab ute, which for Australia at least will be a cab chassis version
I think there was some talk about a possible extended wheelbase SW as well, with the same 300mm extension the dual cab is getting
Toby mentioned early in design the ladder frame was engineered to be extended or shortened easily, so I assume the rest of the components have also.
It would be interesting to take the two seat base version, extend the chassis by 800mm or more and turn it into a Troopy for overlanding
You could keep, or remove, the rear side passenger doors.
View attachment 7797641
On the dual cab chassis version - has INEOS given any indicative pricing yet?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
On the dual cab chassis version - has INEOS given any indicative pricing yet?
I'll have to go check through some early articles/interviews, but my recollection was that it was anticipated to be coming in under the stationwagon cost.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'll have to go check through some early articles/interviews, but my recollection was that it was anticipated to be coming in under the stationwagon cost.
Hell no
It will be at least 20% above
double cab, extended chassis
How could it possibly be cheaper?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Like I say, it's my recollection of what Ineos were saying back at the start of Projekt Grenadier.

The extended chassis may not be more expensive to make. Some more material cost, yes; but it's not a standard chassis that's having to be reworked to add a section after the fact.

For Landrover the double cab variants were always less than the stationwagon equivalents.

130s might be a special case ~ at different times these were worked differently.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Late to the party on this thread.

I’m somewhat a car addict as seen from my garage below:

Daily Drive - Audi A6 Allroad
Weekend Car - Porsche 911 997.2
Weekend Car (with sunshine) - Mercedes SL320 R129
End of The World Car - Mercedes 300D W123

I can’t wait to add a Grenadier to the fold, whenever it may be!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From the PCP thread:

2nd hand values for any coming off contract - insofar as optional final payments represent cost/value Ineos have left in the vehicles:

24 months old, 12k miles - £33,570.75
24 months old, 24k miles - £31,607.25
24 months old, 36k miles - £29,643.75
24 months old, 48k miles - £27,731.25
24 months old, 60k miles - £25,903.75

Untitled.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
So any thoughts on depreciation for the Grenadier

Too new to really get an idea on how much or if it will depreciate greatly over time, other brands have brand recognition as well as many other factors which IG doesn't have. Hopefully it follows the G Wagen, but only time will tell.
I'm optimistic seeing as the engineering is coming from the same direction as the G Wagen.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
on the subject of what everybody is driving. One of the best cars we ever had was a Subaru Forester with low range box and shod with Pirelli Scorpion tyre. We tried it out on a deep grassy valley against my Toyota pickup on BFG,s, my work mates new defender on General Grabbers ( couldn’t grab anything in my view🤣). The Subaru walked all over both of them on these steep grassy valleys on agricultural grass land. At the time we were doing a lot of agricultural fencing so plenty of opportunity for off road driving and playing!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I left home at 6am yesterday to drive to my holiday house about 380 kms away or just over 4 hours journey
Two hours in I stopped at a servo for a break and a coffee and a family sitting at the table next to me were arguing about the stupid car dad had just purchased
Teenage daughter complaining that it was the second time since they left home this morning that they had to stop to recharge it.
Teenage son pipes in with and we will need to stop at least twice more before we get there.
Not sure what car they had, where they had come from or where they were going but it told a story about an EV loaded with 4 adults and their stuff and it’s usefulness for a long journey
I climbed back into my car which showed I still had 1,001 kms estimated range left
I had filled it up two days before so had done about 100kms around town before I left

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
I left home at 6am yesterday to drive to my holiday house about 380 kms away or just over 4 hours journey
Two hours in I stopped at a servo for a break and a coffee and a family sitting at the table next to me were arguing about the stupid car dad had just purchased
Teenage daughter complaining that it was the second time since they left home this morning that they had to stop to recharge it.
Teenage son pipes in with and we will need to stop at least twice more before we get there.
Not sure what car they had, where they had come from or where they were going but it told a story about an EV loaded with 4 adults and their stuff and it’s usefulness for a long journey
I climbed back into my car which showed I still had 1,001 kms estimated range left
I had filled it up two days before so had done about 100kms around town before I left
Is the Air conditioner the culprit ? Running flat out ? I sometimes wonder how the EV range performs in extreme heat and cold when having to condition the cabin.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is the Air conditioner the culprit ? Running flat out ? I sometimes wonder how the EV range performs in extreme heat and cold when having to condition the cabin.
It was 30 degrees (86F) so aircon had to be on, or windows down
I was sitting 110-130 kms most of the way but holidays so some slower and busier area’s.

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
2015 gmc 2500 hd Duramax Denali with bds lift, 37“ nittos, titan aux fuel tank in spare wheel location, leer shell, rhino rack platforms on cab and shell (with mounts for fishing gear, recovery boards, farm jack, storage bins, etc), rigid fogs front and rear in lod bumpers with bull bar and 12k winch, bed lined exterior for truck and shell, kryptonite control arms, center link, tie rods, pitman arm, etc., tuned, deleted, and camera and entertainment upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG-20220624-WA0033.jpg
    IMG-20220624-WA0033.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom