The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What tire pressures are you running?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Right so I don’t know why I’m constantly getting an error when the fronts are now 38 and rear 40
Software issue maybe, although I’m guessing that the 🇺🇸 deliveries are running the latest software 🤔.
I keep getting tyre pressure warnings and even telling me I have one tyre over pressure when it’s actually slightly lower pressure than the other three. I am on the original software version though.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe it's down to the individual but 49psi seems very high to me, fully loaded with five fatties and a few suitcases. I run my km3's at 36psi front and rear for on-road driving and fairly loaded up. Again this is my view not saying anyone shld ignore the book.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
a curiosity, but does the pressure displayed on the car display correspond to that of the pressure gauge?

to me the car always shows 0.2 bar more. inflated to 2.50 bar and the computer shows 2.70

I use the compressor to inflate and then a precision pressure gauge to deflate to the correct pressure. It's the same pressure gauge I use on the bike.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully we will gain a way to modify things like tire pressure warning and speedo when we all go to larger tires. My Power Wagon asks for 60PSI and I used 50 PSI for extreme duty towing, 35-40 around town. I live off road, so max PSI is not going to happen.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
When cold, fronts should be set to 43 psi and rears to 49 psi per the sticker in the drivers door jam. While driving the psi will increase due to the air temp in the tires. FYI, you can only set/reset tire pressure when cold. If the temp is above 75F (I believe it is), the vehicle will not allow resets until the temp cools.
Oh, that's another can of worms.
The door jamb says 43 psi front, 49 psi rear.
The sidewalls say 50 psi max.
So before the trip I pumped them to what the door jamb said.
Soon into the trip, a "Tyre pressure too high" warning showed up, with fronts going up to 47 psi and rears - to 54 (highway warm).
I ignored it as long as I could, despite anecdotal "too high" indicated for the tire that was lower by 1 psi than the other.
Let some air out of the one that was "too high."
In Wyoming winters are cold. After an overnight stay at 12F, in the morning, I saw a message "Tyre pressure too low" - with fronts reading 37 and rears - 43 psi.
Again, anecdotally, it would indicate as "too low" the tire that was not the lowest in air across the axle.
----
I have to say LR4's TPMS was far better. Very reliable and not too fussy.

Trevor, if you have any say in future firmware updates, please pass it up the chain. Open up the gate for too high/too low warnings.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As @ECrider said above, if you’ve got KM02’s and are running light they are best set to 36psi all round. Mine were originally over 40psi, dropping to 36psi improved the road handling. I only take them higher when I’ve loaded the vehicle.

Flinthills

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
It is very cold currently here in Kansas. I had the over inflated warning light come on, tires were set at 43 front, 48 rear. I dropped all tires 10psi, re-set the tire pressures on the screen, and all is good. Mine also was reading just one tire, passenger rear, too high.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
It is very cold currently here in Kansas. I had the over inflated warning light come on, tires were set at 43 front, 48 rear. I dropped all tires 10psi, re-set the tire pressures on the screen, and all is good. Mine also was reading just one tire, passenger rear, too high.
What does "re-set the tire pressures on the screen" mean?

Picking up on Saturday and figured it will be dealer set at 49psi all-around.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
As @ECrider said above, if you’ve got KM02’s and are running light they are best set to 36psi all round. Mine were originally over 40psi, dropping to 36psi improved the road handling. I only take them higher when I’ve loaded the vehicle.
For a U.S. owner, it will mean incessant stream of warnings and a light at the dashboard. Until the firmware is changed or somebody finds a hack.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What does "re-set the tire pressures on the screen" mean?

Picking up on Saturday and figured it will be dealer set at 49psi all-around.
Not very clear in the owner's manual. It says something like: "since pressures can be set in a wide range for onroad and offroad conditions, we provided a tire pressure reset"

I infer that when you accomplish the reset, it changes the baseline pressure for the high and low alarms.

Local time
Reaction score
Have you checked the tyre placard on the inside of the fuel cap cover, or the owners manual?

For my Grenadier, also with KO2s, the recommended pressure for light to medium loads is 36psi, and that’s what I'm running. 🙂
Dropped my tire pressure from 45 psi (dealer pressure at delivery) to 36 psi based on light loads and to see if it improves ride and the low tire pressure warning constantly goes off and I was unable to recalibrate in settings. How did you address this -- if you did?

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom