The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What is a Grenadier?

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
It’s weird, I think I sometimes associate vehicles with their legacy identity. That is, despite being owned by an Indian corporation, I still think of JLR as British. Oddly though, I don’t think of Mini as being British anymore. Regardless of where they’re made I always consider Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc as Japanese companies and Audi, BMW, VW, and MB as German. I know lots of US big three vehicles aren’t made here (many in CA and MX) but GM & Ford are American in my mind. Chrysler/Dodge and the Stellantis mess - I just don’t know what to make of that.

Which leads back to the OP - Le Germish?
I stopped calling it the big Three when Daimler bought Chrysler decades ago. And has since been passed around like a hot potato.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s weird, I think I sometimes associate vehicles with their legacy identity. That is, despite being owned by an Indian corporation, I still think of JLR as British. Oddly though, I don’t think of Mini as being British anymore. Regardless of where they’re made I always consider Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc as Japanese companies and Audi, BMW, VW, and MB as German. I know lots of US big three vehicles aren’t made here (many in CA and MX) but GM & Ford are American in my mind. Chrysler/Dodge and the Stellantis mess - I just don’t know what to make of that.

Germish it is!!!

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

U are a wise man Krabby!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Its Tata Motors which has done to the LRJ line what has been done :(

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Cannot agree more about JLR. nobody but the English can say Jaguar or Land Rover like the POMS.

I think we are showing our age where Heart and Soul were present but IMO today the newbies are, what can I get for the money and what is the warranty...who cares where it came from?...Sad.

If I was conceived in the UK tripped around the world while gathering/growing my parts and delivered in France I would say I am international but what's on the Birth certificate?

The Grenadier carries three Flags one, a token vinyl sticker on a window showing Hambach as the place of birth. Then two others IMO are a graphic birthmark permanently embellished on the skin of this Beast.

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is fitting that a vehicle manufactured built in France was conceived in a British pub named The Grenadier.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is fitting that a vehicle manufactured in France was conceived in a British pub named The Grenadier.
Not quite manufactured in France and on this forum it has been discussed at length...sure some parts may be manufactured in France but essentially it is like Lego...put all the pieces in one spot and assemble/build it. Built In Hambach but manufactured parts from all over the world and being conceived in a British pub mightn't say a lot for my mom.

Back
Top Bottom