The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What gear you already have for your grenadier ?

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
Why don't you use a jiggler siphon instead of nozzles? I keep mine in a plastic bag ready for use, no spillage no lifting and holding the can and I usually fill from the roof rack straight into the vehicle filler.
I had a permanently mounted Jerry can in my D90 and used a "jiggler" (super-syphon) to transfer gas to the main tank. And I used it too many times to remember, as I was forever forgetting to fill my main tank and would run out of gas often. I simply used the Jiggler to transfer the gas in a couple of minutes and was back on the road

Attachments

• Misc  D-90 002.jpg
    Misc D-90 002.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 91

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a permanently mounted Jerry can in my D90 and used a "jiggler" (super-syphon) to transfer gas to the main tank. And I used it too many times to remember, as I was forever forgetting to fill my main tank and would run out of gas often. I simply used the Jiggler to transfer the gas in a couple of minutes and was back on the road
You're going to love the upgrade in space over the 90. That long wheelbase might hurt going into some really tight switchbacks, but the increased volume will certainly make up for it. My little 88" with its jump seats flipped up held a lot of gear - adding another 27 inches of wheel base is going to be fantastic.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
You're going to love the upgrade in space over the 90. That long wheelbase might hurt going into some really tight switchbacks, but the increased volume will certainly make up for it. My little 88" with its jump seats flipped up held a lot of gear - adding another 27 inches of wheel base is going to be fantastic.
I hear ya! That being said, I had my D90 fitted out for overlanding and it had everything I could wish for (even had L-tracks fitted for securing cargo: an idea stolen by Sir Jim! ;))

Attachments

• Misc  D-90 013.jpg
    Misc D-90 013.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 76

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
It surprises why people don't use them.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
We have a PenPod trailer (a UK made overlanding trailer. Smaller and more fun than a caravan!) Plus a Tentbox rooftop tent, fitted to the roof of the trailer.

Pairs well with a Gren in Donny Grey!

Attachments

• 1678c6bf-38e1-402e-a99e-1dc29afaf2da.jpeg
    1678c6bf-38e1-402e-a99e-1dc29afaf2da.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2555.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
It surprises why people don't use them.
I'd never heard of them until this thread. I'm 54 years old. Guess I've led a sheltered life.

We always just sucked on a piece of tubing stuck in the fuel tank to get the gasoline flowing. Just hold your thumb over the end to hopefully not get too much in your mouth.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Something like this would be nice/useful: though they have one that fits already… as far as fuel is concerned, I’d prefer if someone would make a secondary switchable tank for the grenadier. I’ve heard that may be difficult due to space limitations.

IMG_1736_1080x.jpg
I have a set of these from blue ridge overland gear that have held up great for the last 7-8 years. Just pulled them out of the 4runner and they'll be going in the grenadier for sure. If they fit of course.

Back
Top Bottom