The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think of the prices shared so far?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
ADVAW8S said:
I think another way to think of it is not the total price of the car but what the monthly car payment.  Most people look at price range and then when they sit down, the dealer shows monthly payments and people are more accepting.   Think about how long car payments have stretched out with average person taking a 6 year car loan.   BTW, my Grenadier will be a weekend adventure vehicle.   
I agree, can you handle the repayments not the cost of the car.
I get a monthly car allowance from my company which will cover 80% of the repayments so it will cost me about $600 per month out of my own pocket on a 5 year loan. 
Insurance, registration & maintenance have to be factored in but everything can be claimed on tax.
The company also covers the fuel with a Fleetcard so I am not really all that concerned on fuel consumption. 
They are offering finance through Santanda 
I don’t like leasing vehicles so it will be a straight loan. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I think their target is 1,000 orders in Australia in the first year and they have more reservations than that at the moment.

Gonna be some major premiums on those 1st year Grenadiers on Marketplace haha.

My mates got one on order just to do some R&D on and then do up and flip, he currently builds other brand overland vehicles and is interested in the potential this one holds. If the supply is that low to start off with (and if its well received), I can see these going for mega bucks

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ADVAW8S said:
I think another way to think of it is not the total price of the car but what the monthly car payment.  Most people look at price range and then when they sit down, the dealer shows monthly payments and people are more accepting.   Think about how long car payments have stretched out with average person taking a 6 year car loan.   BTW, my Grenadier will be a weekend adventure vehicle.   
I agree, can you handle the repayments not the cost of the car.
I get a monthly car allowance from my company which will cover 70% of the repayments so it will cost me about $600 per month out of my own pocket on a 5 year loan. 
Insurance, registration & maintenance have to be factored in but everything can be claimed on tax.
The company also covers the fuel with a Fleetcard so I am not really all that concerned on fuel consumption. 
They are offering finance through Santanda 
I don’t like leasing vehicles so it will be a straight loan.

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
Paachi said:
By all accounts from what we’ve heard from Ineos representatives, the Grenadier Should land at $65K base and $75K loaded. From an options standpoint I really don’t see not choosing most of the options. The only things I don’t care for in the current configurator are leather seats, carpeting and some smaller stuff. All other things like lockers, ladder, camp table are IMHO a must have (because hopefully they are well designed from the factory)

A current model JL Rubicon or Bronco Badlands while might retail for $60K, are actually $80K-$100K trucks after stupid dealer markups. And there in lies the rub for my purchase decision. If the Grenadier has similar dealer markups I am out. Unfortunately due to the route Ineos has chosen to take for the sales in US they cannot commit to avoiding dealer markups. Sad. I am still holding hope they they will figure out some good solution for early hand raisers

I was a huge skeptic about Ineos not doing direct to consumer sales, but after the viewing and talking with Ineos folks, I'm comforted.  Short story is Ineos rightfully says that all pre-orders have been made based on Ineos marketing, and have cost the dealerships nothing.  Those orders are being handed over for delivery, and Ineos will require that the pre-orders are sold at MSRP.  After that batch of pre-orders, the market will dictate pricing.  Ineos reps discussed some of the levers they have available and are willing to use to enforce MSRP for pre-orders, and I have little doubt that dealerships will risk tyring to gouge the early reservation holders.

So in that light, the decision becomes easier.  I'd much rather have a $70k MSRP Grenadier at MSRP than a $55k 4Runner TRD Pro at $70k (going rate in my area).  Or a $55k Bronco for $100k.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is that all purchases will be from Ineos itself and not from the dealers. 
This means dealers will never be able to inflate the price.
Mercedes has moved to this model also. 
Dealerships now share stock available no matter where it is in the country they can sell it. Demo vehicles are all owned by Mercedes and the local Ineos dealer told me that would be the same for them.
This means Ineos can control the sell price easily

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB I'm not sure what country you're in, but the US has some wacky laws about automotive dealerships and selling autos directly to consumers.  At this point, only Tesla currently sells direct to customers, and that's because they invested significant money into lobbying and lawsuits and really played up the "built in USA" and "EV is green" angles to get the exceptions.  But Tesla sells 1M autos a year at the current rate, so it makes sense for them to do that.  I think there's two or three states that are still hold outs - including Texas as memory serves, which is super ironic since Tesla HQ has now moved to Texas and will be home to the largest Tesla factory by volume.

Ineos has said for the US, they'll be using a network of independent dealers.  Based on what has been published here from the emails Europeans and Australians are receiving, my gut says US reservation holders will make the second "order" deposit direct to Ineos, and the final payment at delivery will be to the local dealer.  For the US, it's possible the "order" deposit may go to the dealer rather than Ineos; this remains to be seen when we start getting our emails late this year (hopefully).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
d1rty said:
@DaveB I'm not sure what country you're in, but the US has some wacky laws about automotive dealerships and selling autos directly to consumers.  At this point, only Tesla currently sells direct to customers, and that's because they invested significant money into lobbying and lawsuits and really played up the "built in USA" and "EV is green" angles to get the exceptions.  But Tesla sells 1M autos a year at the current rate, so it makes sense for them to do that.  I think there's two or three states that are still hold outs - including Texas as memory serves, which is super ironic since Tesla HQ has now moved to Texas and will be home to the largest Tesla factory by volume.

Ineos has said for the US, they'll be using a network of independent dealers.  Based on what has been published here from the emails Europeans and Australians are receiving, my gut says US reservation holders will make the second "order" deposit direct to Ineos, and the final payment at delivery will be to the local dealer.  For the US, it's possible the "order" deposit may go to the dealer rather than Ineos; this remains to be seen when we start getting our emails late this year (hopefully).
I am in Australia and the laws are framed to protect the consumer more than the seller. 

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I am in Australia and the laws are framed to protect the consumer more than the seller. 

Car dealership laws are really bad in this country lol.  And the dealerships have the money, so it's easy for them to defend the status quo.  Tesla paid dearly to get what they did, but how they went about it - playing up the "made in the USA" and "green" bits didn't help anyone but themselves.

Back
Top Bottom