The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Ready for the deserts of North East / Mid-Atlantic.

Also washed it.

img_4046-jpeg.7853316

Attachments

• IMG_4046.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 506
Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Comms and rear work light.
View attachment 7853298
What do you think of the Perception light? I saw their Rok 3 LED light installed on another INEOS when I was at Offload Systems today (and they were working on the lightbar on the bullbar). ORS gave me some background on the brand when I asked. Perception have good after sales support was one comment.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Parked up the Gren after doing some towing work and sat outside in a chair next to it having a cuppa. I noticed water dripping underneath near the front LHS. Crawling underneath to check the source expecting to find a coolant hose problem. It was the screenwash bottle overflowing. I hadn't topped it up for a least a couple of weeks and I had used it since topping up. The water was warm, OK it's located in a hot engine compartment, but to make it overflow? I think it is the neck shape of the top of the bottle, the vehicle was leaning ever so slightly to the RHS because of the ground and the filler airlocks trapping water in the filler neck which was expanding with the heat and overflowing.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Shook" down the new cyclone pre-cleaner--looks solid enough. Also appear to have gotten water in the AC despite recirculation being on, likely from washing. I wonder if it collected due to the "half" open vent shown in photos in the AC/water thread, and then when I turned it on that opened and gurgled a bit? Everything works and the gurgling didn't last long at all, but still a bit of a pain in the ass.

Reactions: PBD

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Drove from Central MA Thru CT and across the GW Bridge to New Jersey. Visited a few customers and drop in on potential customers. Staying in Voorhees for the evening and then headin to Conway SC for the weekend.

Drove a total of ~320 miles on my tank and calculated roughly 16+mpg! That’s my best so far! (Since I’ve been tracking for the last miles).

Had several people question what I was driving and every single person loved it!

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great idea! How exactly did you mount the pole to the spare tyre bracket on the barn door as there's not much room between the tyre and the wiper blade?
You need to use 20mm tube. I drilled and tapped three holes and used 6mm bolts. There's about 5mm clearance between the pole and the wiper arm.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What do you think of the Perception light? I saw their Rok 3 LED light installed on another INEOS when I was at Offload Systems today (and they were working on the lightbar on the bullbar). ORS gave me some background on the brand when I asked. Perception have good after sales support was one comment.
It's well priced, quality gear. I also used their light bar and a few other bits on my build.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great idea! How exactly did you mount the pole to the spare tyre bracket on the barn door as there's not much room between the tyre and the wiper blade?
3 x 6mm bolts into tapped holes. 5mm clearance to the wiper arm using 20mm tube. Last one I made use 25mm tube but the wiper arm required a smaller tube.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
I ordered one, with a bracket to put it on my new rear roof shelf. The larger 12 volt Marine version and the original oven, not a modern knock off. This is a big upgrade for me, from the old butane stove (I will still use both). The Travel Buddy will be good for the days you are driving for a few hours. Drop in a frozen pie, drive two hours, take a stop, eat the yummy pie and off you go. Pie tip: run at 180 C for 90 minutes, then leave said pie in the hot oven for 30 minutes more to get a crispy pie. Next bake a bacon and cheese loaf. It has really got me thinking.

KS0262.jpg
I cant see why this is necessary :cool:

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
I cant see why this is necessary :cool:
@TheDocAUS @bemax We are actually doing this with our Defender, works great…. Chicken, pork, whatever.

Attachments

• IMG_3284.jpeg
    IMG_3284.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Offroad Systems (ORS) twin drawers, water tank, bed extension and ARB twin compressor are now installed. Pictures will be added after picking the car up tomorrow. The rest of the images are posted here.

I wanted air flow around my compressor, so it was mounted on brackets over the driver’s side rear wheel arch. Trivia: there is a global shortage of twin ARB air compressors due to a surge in demand. ORS sourced the Portable Twin compressor and mounted that to the bracket over the wheel arch. That is why it looks so much like a twin portable compressor – because it is one. The compressor’s power cable was attached to the Grenadier’s spare stud on the 5 stud busbar ( the supplied cable was not long enough to reach the spare on the 7 stud busbar). I sourced an 80 amp ZCase fuse, as the ARB has twin 40 amp MAXI blade fuses. The Sparky cut off the two MAXI fuses and ran the cables straight to the80 amp ZCase fuse.

@globalgregors inspired me to add the bottle top opener on the drawers and go for a deeper drawer than originally planned, after I saw his finished setup.

ORS BO.jpg

There was another INEOS in simultaneously getting work down, and ORS asked if they could keep my car an extra day and have their Pro Photographer take pictures of both.

Next to go into the car is the rear roof shelf and the Travel Buddy Oven - both of which I now have. It is the @ninetubes shelf shown here, but my car is a 2-seater.

35af6940-9e5e-4ab0-95f8-f6295c6f562d-jpeg.7850903

Then I need to decide on rock sliders, but that is not urgent as my first remote trip will be to the Channel Country in Outback Queensland and that does not require rocks sliders. The current front runner is the ABNTR4x4 rock sliders. See @wakeo car here, with the sliders fitted.

View: https://youtu.be/Y2FbjEm4Wfc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom