The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Had to run into town to get cash for a bicycle swap meet tomorrow. Had an overlander parked next to me when I came back.
In principle, I could imagine that too. But then I would have to widen all my field and forest paths.:ROFLMAO:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Proper H1s are virtually unstoppable but, they will be stopped by narrow trails! If you haven't seen one in person, it's hard to grasp just how wide they really are. @Tom109 's photo doesn't do it justice.

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
I found out what Napoleon, both sides of Passchendaele, and so many others throughout history found out – mud is a stopper. Louisiana rice mud is brutal. It completely filled the tire treads, the 18” KO2s, and turned this really good tire into a vertical spinning slick potter’s wheel. Clay also filled the recovery boards and rendered them ineffective. So, lessons learned 1- don’t drive distracted (I was talking and drove 5 feet too much to the right from the more solid land right in to the softer stuff) 2 – I need two more recovery boards through not sure that would have got me out, 3 – winch was awesome and yanked me out no problem (once I read and re-read the instructions.)

Glad I invested in my basic recover gear, very lucky I was pointed towards a tree in roughly the right direction (better lucky than good), glad I had a print out of the winch instructions in the glove box. All in all the Grenny performed great and when I stayed on the hard stuff had no problem.

Attachments

• 20240419_171426.jpg
    20240419_171426.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 90
  • 20240419_182540.jpg
    20240419_182540.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 80
  • 20240419_205430.jpg
    20240419_205430.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
  • 20240420_091910.jpg
    20240420_091910.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 77
  • 20240419_215835.jpg
    20240419_215835.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 81

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
ROOF TRAY
Rear roof tray installed today. Sorry no images yet, but it looks like this one from @ninetubes (because he supplied it). You need two people for the install, which is easy with the comprehensive instructions supplied.

35af6940-9e5e-4ab0-95f8-f6295c6f562d-jpeg.7850903

12 VOLT OVEN
The Travel Buddy Oven will go very nicely hanging from the left side. The oven has already arrived.

KS0262.jpg

FRIDGE FAILURE
A big downside is while my fridge fits on the front seat, it is too high and obscures completely the passenger side mirror. I have a new fridge I can buy and it fits, but I am trying some other cheaper things first. The ups and downs of a fitout!

Last edited:

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found out what Napoleon, both sides of Passchendaele, and so many others throughout history found out – mud is a stopper. Louisiana rice mud is brutal. It completely filled the tire treads, the 18” KO2s, and turned this really good tire into a vertical spinning slick potter’s wheel. Clay also filled the recovery boards and rendered them ineffective. So, lessons learned 1- don’t drive distracted (I was talking and drove 5 feet too much to the right from the more solid land right in to the softer stuff) 2 – I need two more recovery boards through not sure that would have got me out, 3 – winch was awesome and yanked me out no problem (once I read and re-read the instructions.)

Glad I invested in my basic recover gear, very lucky I was pointed towards a tree in roughly the right direction (better lucky than good), glad I had a print out of the winch instructions in the glove box. All in all the Grenny performed great and when I stayed on the hard stuff had no problem.

You ever want to really see mud at its most violent, check out the Range Rover Darien Gap videos on YouTube. It was so bad it stopped the expedition dead in its tracks and folks had to fly back to England to engineer some improvements!

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the Wolfbox 900.
Everything was easy except the part where you need to feed the line vertically at the rear cargo area and going to the rear door.
Ended up not routing through the rubber tube as it was too tight and didn't want to damage any wires. Routed the wire outside with some wrap. Just need to do some cleanup with the wires.

Tested and it is really nice seeing what is behind the Grenadier!

By the way, I got the screen protector and it gives the rear view mirror a slight blur so I may have to take it off.

I got the protector also. It is ok but it renders the mirror totally useless if using without the camera. Promptly removed it.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Proper H1s are virtually unstoppable but, they will be stopped by narrow trails! If you haven't seen one in person, it's hard to grasp just how wide they really are. @Tom109 's photo doesn't do it justice.
Very fun to drive. Better mpg's than an H2. Which is fun to tell them.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I drove a tailgating trailer for one of my kids rowing teams this weekend. I forgot to get a picture but I am sure that there are pictures on the internet somewhere. The amount of stares, finger pointing and questions at the truck was hilarious. I forgot to leave my mirror cameras on.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I drove a tailgating trailer for one of my kids rowing teams this weekend. I forgot to get a picture but I am sure that there are pictures on the internet somewhere. The amount of stares, finger pointing and questions at the truck was hilarious. I forgot to leave my mirror cameras on.

What's a tailgating trailer?

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
With tv and grill?

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What's a tailgating trailer?
Parents are usually at a race for a minimum of 4 hours. Sometimes longer. We need to eat and relax for that 1 minute we see our kids row past. lol

Food, drinks, grills, chairs, tents, etc.

First time I saw one my son said that was the rowing trailer.
Me: Do you take the oars apart? What can that trailer possibly hold.
Son: Food and stuff for the parents.

Me: sounds like you are joining the team. lol

With tv and grill?
Some have a TV

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Parents are usually at a race for a minimum of 4 hours. Sometimes longer. We need to eat and relax for that 1 minute we see our kids row past. lol

Some have a TV

Interested to hear more about the Rowing club your son rows for, what crew is he in etc (fours, eights, sculls).
A gentlemen’s sport and one I still view as my sport, although it’s been nearly 30yrs since my last race 😊.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Some have a TV

Would love to see a pic, although I don't think a trailer is allowed in my ordinary lot down at the complex.

Back
Top Bottom