The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Yes. I cannot see how any painted finish on those bars would hold up after a few km of corrugations with a load tied to them.
This raptor paint is pretty tough, but regardless, I've not yet used them for tying down, rather a handle to help access the roof. I wanted the textured look, otherwise yes anodized would have been an option

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
My Gren has now been my daily drive for the last week
Sounding good. 👍 Champing at the bit here, hope to see it by xmas. What was your build month? Also, how do the throws attach? I've used covers before from Sheepskin & Opal World but not sure if they'd fit the Recaros. We spotted a Scottish White with black roof today northbound on the Bruce, just south of Forest Glen I think it was. Looked great, they certainly look the part.

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Sounding good. 👍 Champing at the bit here, hope to see it by xmas. What was your build month? Also, how do the throws attach? I've used covers before from Sheepskin & Opal World but not sure if they'd fit the Recaros. We spotted a Scottish White with black roof today northbound on the Bruce, just south of Forest Glen I think it was. Looked great, they certainly look the part.
Were you in a Tesla? I was never sent a specific build month but thought for some reason Jan/Feb...if you are back up this way you are welcome to come and see the add ons and yes I was near Forest Glen at 15 after 5 pm roughly today...the throws attach by headrest and straps under the seats...will look forward to seeing you when possible... :cool:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear Max. Next you're in Brisbane I'd be happy to buy you a coffee and you can show me how much you like her.

And I agree, always best to position yourself where you can see her front corners. ;)
If and when in Brissie I will contact you cheer Big fella ;)

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
My word, there are three here in Buderim and plenty more to come on the coast...I am a member of the Land Rover club and there is going to be a few involved there...I will be for a coffee and a chat for sure Dave...I have the perfect rubber matting for the rear compartment so don't do anything there until we chat...I will post it here soon... I will be watching for yours to arrive cheers Max.
Hey Max, say hello to Buderim. We visisted the Buderim Ginger Factory back in 1999 and for sure the Buderim Ginger and the ginger marmelade are the best we ever had. We also enjoyed the ginger ice cream.
Yesterday I signed the contract, now waiting (un?)patiently for the Gren.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is there enough play/slack in them to allow a 1mm or so if anodising?
The raptor would be thicker I'd imagine, and yes they clamped down nicely

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Max, say hello to Buderim. We visisted the Buderim Ginger Factory back in 1999 and for sure the Buderim Ginger and the ginger marmelade are the best we ever had. We also enjoyed the ginger ice cream.
Yesterday I signed the contract, now waiting (un?)patiently for the Gren.

Welcome to The Ginger Factory - Sunshine Coast, Yandina QLD

The ginger factory is still producing but its address has changed and the ginger is still grown in the region but no longer in Buderim...a wonderful time back then and a wonderful time shortly with your Grenadier...travel safely and will look forward to hearing your car reviews and experiences :cool:

Reactions: IGL

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Were you in a Tesla? I was never sent a specific build month but thought for some reason Jan/Feb...if you are back up this way you are welcome to come and see the add ons and yes I was near Forest Glen at 15 after 5 pm roughly today...the throws attach by headrest and straps under the seats...will look forward to seeing you when possible... :cool:
No, a Jeep GC heading southbound.
Drop your vin in here to see build month.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I painted my "alpine tie down bars" with black upol raptor. Seeing as this was the only silver trim on the car I thought it would suit being black (especially on a mushroom with black wheels)..

Since the bars are aluminum, another alternative is to have the bars anodized black. DaBull

I've used 2:1 adhesive-backed shrink wrap - it may be a bit more artisan, but certainly practical and scratch-resistant.

1691490758012.png

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Question about the tow bar? did you ordered standard out of the factory or did they mount it afterward locally at the dealer? Mine hasn’t got a tow bar but need to be installed locally afterward, but Ineos state that could be a problem because the wiring is not in place and that there could be a software problem (trailer control etc,…) Curious to know your experience
The tow pack was ordered out of the factory; the original tow balls were withdrawn as they did not meet the "S" value specification. My Grenadier will be a regular classic car and boat tug.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My build month was March.
Yesterday I was traveling back from Noosa where I was able to pick up an adaptor for my trailer lights 13 pin Euro to 7 pin flat... then called into the agents to show them the rubber mat for the rear luggage compartment and how it fits perfectly for the tie-down strips...as you can see I have not cut all the fixing points but think 3 aside will do the job...the rubber mat has small round lugs on the under surface that act like little suction caps...it apparently designed for working and walking on wet areas...I initially bought it for my daughter's coir mat to sit on outside in the weather so the water and sand would fall through and not have a soggy coir mat...it works a treat...it is quite heavy...the little round lugs I cut off to sit flat in the corners were you can see the slightly raised section were I have lifted the mat to expose the strip...the best cutting method I could come up with was sitting it on a strip of timber, a steel straight edge and a Stanley knife that I sharpened on a stone...I left a piece of the rubber profile with the agents, Paul and Simon at Noosa Mazda who are right into what is going on in the Gren world...they have a demo which is Simon's own car...he is happy to through you the keys...happy motoring ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6444.jpg
    IMG_6444.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6445.jpg
    IMG_6445.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6446.jpg
    IMG_6446.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6447.jpg
    IMG_6447.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 103

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My build month was March.
Yesterday I was traveling back from Noosa where I was able to pick up an adaptor for my trailer lights 13 pin Euro to 7 pin flat... then called into the agents to show them the rubber mat for the rear luggage compartment and how it fits perfectly for the tie-down strips...as you can see I have not cut all the fixing points but think 3 aside will do the job...the rubber mat has small round lugs on the under surface that act like little suction caps...it apparently designed for working and walking on wet areas...I initially bought it for my daughter's coir mat to sit on outside in the weather so the water and sand would fall through and not have a soggy coir mat...it works a treat...it is quite heavy...the little round lugs I cut off to sit flat in the corners were you can see the slightly raised section were I have lifted the mat to expose the strip...the best cutting method I could come up with was sitting it on a strip of timber, a steel straight edge and a Stanley knife that I sharpened on a stone...I left a piece of the rubber profile with the agents, Paul and Simon at Noosa Mazda who are right into what is going on in the Gren world...they have a demo which is Simon's own car...he is happy to through you the keys...happy motoring ;)
That’s a good option Max. I saw some of that (or similar) at Clark’s Rubber, but discounted it because the holes would let sand etc straight through. But it provides good cushioning / is thicker than the stuff I’d planned on using so maybe a rethink is in order.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The tow pack was ordered out of the factory; the original tow balls were withdrawn as they did not meet the "S" value specification.
Are you sure that was the reason?

This is mine, delivered with the vehicle and scrapped:
WP_20230428_035.jpg
Wasn't it to do with the ball offset from the mounting face not being enough to allow a specific ball mounted bike carrier to clear the spare wheel?

Reactions: PBD

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure that was the reason?

This is mine, delivered with the vehicle and scrapped:
View attachment 7822852
Wasn't it to do with the ball offset from the mounting face not being enough to allow a specific ball mounted bike carrier to clear the spare wheel?
I am repeating the story I was given by IA. I cannot imagine a bike carrier would be the prime reason for so much scrap, but I don't know the circumstances.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I will be driving in France in November, so I thought now would be a good time to get my French emmissions sticker; as the Grenadier is Euro 6, I did not think it would be too much hassle.

www.certificat-air.gouv.fr The diesel Grenadier is a "2"; the cost, including postage was £4.61

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will be driving in France in November, so I thought now would be a good time to get my French emmissions sticker; as the Grenadier is Euro 6, I did not think it would be too much hassle.

www.certificat-air.gouv.fr The diesel Grenadier is a "2"; the cost, including postage was £4.61
I have never heard of needing an emissions sticker in France. Even ADAC (AA in UK) did not give us any hint on this.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have never heard of needing an emissions sticker in France. Even ADAC (AA in UK) did not give us any hint on this.
It’s a new thing. I first read about it this week 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom