The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

singlefin

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
The Gren fills a void of having no defender or g-class. I spent a decade with a svx powered syncro vanagon so never extended myself to having two wrench turning rigs. Maybe I consider a Lotus electre so I can have two rigs with quirky electrics.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
I was scrolling through my camera roll and found this pic. These trucks are gone but the proceeds have been sitting in a bank account to be applied to the Gren.

Foreground ‘92 FJ 8O (regret selling) and my ‘62 88.

Attachments

• IMG_4588.jpeg
    IMG_4588.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 38
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
I have ordered the 2 seat utility it will be used for wildfowling, rough shooting, vermin control, salmon and sea trout fishing and sea fishing. Occasional overnight sleeping. Wildfowling season finishes on 20th February, salmon season starts 11th February 😀
Are you aware of any firms in Scotland that will rent a Grenadier for 1-2 weeks? ..planning a driving tour of the homeland.

Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection.
2012 LC 200. 150K miles and still going strong, relaxing to drive at 85mph on the highway, amazing off road but no f/r lockers and it's been too easy to get stuck in deep snow.

Hoping that the IG will do better in deep snow because of its f/r lockers and greater ground clearance. Thinking we'll hang onto the LC for a few months while the IG proves itself. We live in a small mountain town about 200 miles from the dealer so it needs to be reliable and easy for my local mechanic to deal with.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Are you aware of any firms in Scotland that will rent a Grenadier for 1-2 weeks? ..planning a driving tour of the homeland.
I haven’t heard about any for hire yet, if I do I’ll post. I’ve actually driven through Steamboat Springs, way back in 2006. Unfortunately only memory is of the smell of sulpher 😂
We were on our way to Grand Lake and then over the Trail Ridge Road to Estes Park, done a side drive on the Old Fall River road to the Alpine Visitor Center.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 with a whole bunch of modes, its such a great tow beast but lacking GVM - love it, power, economy, after market suspension changes make it a dream

But parts and their pricing ($5500 for one headlight Cracked on Fraser Island and 8 weeks to get the parts, not to mention loosing all electronics on the car with a simple headlight crack)

IMG_7980.jpg
8e7e8619-f9fb-47c8-ae6f-c7ad5bebd307 2.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
Ive recently ordered, but when it arrives it will technically be replacing my LC70.

I say technically because I had a 79 that I sold a little while ago and have another one on order but I decided not to take it.

So looking forward to see how the grenadier does compared to the 70 in all aspects

Jarek

Production/Transit
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Toyota Land Cruiser 200 V8 Diesel 2011; 203 000km odometer. Great car but getting old and starts need more maintenance. Only LC200 and IG Utility have enough space for my dog cage without rear seats disassembly.

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
And now, for something completely different…..

I will be selling my 2020 Jaguar F-Type R, AWD. The Jag was my dream car for many years (actually the E-Type, but reliability issues) so I bit the bullet on one and WOW! what an amazing ride. But it is time to move on to something more practical & with more room. I wanted a new car that is distinctive and rugged. My Magic Mushroom Trialmaster should do the job well.

Attachments

• 20220602_074821_Original.jpeg
    20220602_074821_Original.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220605_065859_Original.jpeg
    20220605_065859_Original.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211020_102418_Original.jpeg
    20211020_102418_Original.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211020_102410_Original.jpeg
    20211020_102410_Original.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 with a whole bunch of modes, its such a great tow beast but lacking GVM - love it, power, economy, after market suspension changes make it a dream

But parts and their pricing ($5500 for one headlight Cracked on Fraser Island and 8 weeks to get the parts, not to mention loosing all electronics on the car with a simple headlight crack)

View attachment 7832135
View attachment 7832136

This reminds me on my new Defender headlights. Had the daytime running lights (fancy LED surrounds) go out on both headlights within a few months of each other. Both covered under warranty but would have been $4,000 each to replace otherwise. Never thought a LR headlight would be less expensive than a Jeeps!

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This reminds me on my new Defender headlights. Had the daytime running lights (fancy LED surrounds) go out on both headlights within a few months of each other. Both covered under warranty but would have been $4,000 each to replace otherwise. Never thought a LR headlight would be less expensive than a Jeeps!
$4000.00 USD = $6288 AUD

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
2021 Defender 110 which was a love hate affair sadly! Already sold (with a cracked screen 😆)!
In the meantime I have Lottie to get me around for a while 😁👍🏼. Shitake due to arrive in March 🤞🏽.

Attachments

• IMG_6495.jpeg
    IMG_6495.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6551.jpeg
    IMG_6551.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 18

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Found this article today…..

IMG_5320.jpeg
This vehicle seems specifically designed for such missions. The INEOS Grenadier has just become a Search and Rescue Vehicle for the Scottish Rescue Station. The Grenadier will thus, replace the classic Land Rover Defender. Isn't that exactly what INEOS wanted in the first place, to replace the classic Defender?

Six year ago, the INEOS Grenadier was just a project discussed in The Grenadier Pub in Belgrave Square, London, the favorite of the brand’s founder, Jim Ratcliffe. Six years later, it is already 12 months in production and delivered worldwide, the US included.

One of them has recently been delivered to With Inshore Rescue in Scotland. The rugged off-roader will be put to good use in search and rescue missions. The volunteers who work for the lifeboat station help to protect life and property that is threatened by the sa, inland water, flooding, and various other water-related incidents in the Upper Solway and the surrounding area.

Based in Glencaple, on the estuary of the River Nith in south-west Scotland, the search and rescue station had previously used a classic Land Rover Defender, which obviously aged gracefully but was not enough anymore. Now, the INEOS Grenadier will assist the refurbished boat that the organization uses on a daily basis.

The Nith Inshore Rescue secretary, Peter Bryden, explains that there weren't many options they could think of for their missions. Thus, the Grenadier becomes the first blue-light emergency response vehicle of its kind in the United Kingdom.

“We deal with life-and-death situations, very harsh weather, and challenging terrain,” he says. The way the Grenadier is engineered convinced them to choose it. And they have great expectations of it. They hope it will serve the team for the next 40 years.

Meanwhile, the 2004 Defender will be auctioned off on Collecting Cars. It's got less than 17,000 miles on the odometer. It is powered by a turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-five diesel. There is no info on the powertrain of the Grenadier that has just arrived in Glencaple, but all of them, including the hydrogen fuel cell variant of the off-roader, are BMW-sourced. So there could be either the 3.0-liter six-inline turbo petrol engine or the 3.0-liter six-inline turbodiesel unit. Both are linked to the ZF eight-speed automatic transmission.

The INEOS Grenadier had to be modified specifically for the missions it will be involved in. Search and rescue equipment supplier Emergency One came up with an extendable roof-mounted camera, a snorkel, unique decals, and flashing lights.

Attending approximately 30 callouts per year, the Nith Inshore Rescue station currently has a crew of 24 volunteers. It also supports police, ambulance, Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI), and mountain rescue services. The organization was founded more than 40 years ago, in 1981, after the drowning of a local man prompted residents to form Glencaple's own rescue service

Macmunich

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Maybe I’m selling my G-Wagen (Original G250 „Wolf“) or I’ll keep. It’s a good investment because you won’t find a proper one.

Back
Top Bottom