The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

We need a maintenance forum

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
I’m a nut for maintenance, the pilot in me. This sounds so dumb but I toss and turn wondering the best way to maintain things. My 23yr old boat runs like it just came off the showroom floor. My Discover V might have a scuff or two from hunting or off roading but I’d trust it over a new Land Rover. I’ve worked all the kinks out and improved what I could. We should get a maintenance section. It’s almost a hobby. Certain pride in it. I frequent Bobistheoilguy. If you don’t know it then go there. So many manufactures push lighter oils for epa reasons now vs what’s actually best. Let’s compare results.

Things from oils to bearings. Replacement parts and what works in a pinch like when I once fixed my jeep with a couple ATV parts. There will come a time when getting it running is what matters most of all. I grew up farming on a rather large ranch and back in the day there wasn’t internet and phones. The amount of things we learned to fix and machines we kept running, saved our livelihoods a lot with tribal knowledge. Would like to know we have a place to fix a real world issue by any means possible.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
I’m a nut for maintenance, the pilot in me. This sounds so dumb but I toss and turn wondering the best way to maintain things. My 23yr old boat runs like it just came off the showroom floor. My Discover V might have a scuff or two from hunting or off roading but I’d trust it over a new Land Rover. I’ve worked all the kinks out and improved what I could. We should get a maintenance section. It’s almost a hobby. Certain pride in it. I frequent Bobistheoilguy. If you don’t know it then go there. So many manufactures push lighter oils for epa reasons now vs what’s actually best. Let’s compare results.

Things from oils to bearings. Replacement parts and what works in a pinch like when I once fixed my jeep with a couple ATV parts. There will come a time when getting it running is what matters most of all. I grew up farming on a rather large ranch and back in the day there wasn’t internet and phones. The amount of things we learned to fix and machines we kept running, saved our livelihoods a lot with tribal knowledge. Would like to know we have a place to fix a real world issue by any means possible.
There’s already a fair bit of that type of info here - I think that this forum is already set up to fulfill that need. Happy days!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score

I second this. (y)

Mods and equipment is one thing, but thorough maintenance is another level. It's not about washing the car every weekend but about corrective, preventive, condition-based, predictive and predetermined measures.

Oil screening for example, to name just one aspect.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score

Maintaining what precisely?

I’m pretty sure that the grenadier maintenance is provided for. This will get more specific when I get the nomenclature for their systems and structural hierarchy on the maintenance manual side of things. If and when people start putting tutorials together these will be made available in the resources section.

If it’s a forum for maintaining other stuff then that’s a different kettle of fish.

And I love reading bobs site. There’s some spectacular conversations on there from time to time.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There’s already a fair bit of that type of info here - I think that this forum is already set up to fulfill that need. Happy days!
That's just current info but as time rolls on you're going to see people out snapping pieces off, adding new mods, etc.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maintaining what precisely?

I’m pretty sure that the grenadier maintenance is provided for. This will get more specific when I get the nomenclature for their systems and structural hierarchy on the maintenance manual side of things. If and when people start putting tutorials together these will be made available in the resources section.

If it’s a forum for maintaining other stuff then that’s a different kettle of fish.

And I love reading bobs site. There’s some spectacular conversations on there from time to time.
Simply maintaining the vehicle.

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
a document is a start, but wouldn't a Grenadier WIKI be a better solution for all the technical knowledge and data, solutions, handicraft and repair instructions? I don't mean as competition to the forum, but as a supplement and repository of verified facts, without all the off-topic discussions.

I appreciate the discussions in the forum, but I imagine it will be difficult to find anything in this forum in a few years' time.

I also don't know whether such a wiki can be integrated into the forum as a reference work. In any case, it shouldn't be a competing product to your forum

What do you think @Stu_Barnes ?

Greetings Christian

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
The advanced search function works pretty well, especially when tags are used effectively to find information. Once IA release the manuals/or they’re bootlegged then we will have the indexing system that they use and the technical sections will reflect their hierarchy.
The intention all along was to have the technical sections as the reference area for this type of information. If someone puts together a procedure for changing the rear axle, then this can be posted and pinned in the relevant section, that’s how it was imagined. The reality is that so far there’s been very little work and modifications carried out as the vehicles are so new.

A Wiki is a good idea. There’s a way that it can be integrated. But it has to be managed, edited and maintained.

If there’s enough call for one then we can look into it further. But I think once the technical literature comes online then one may not be necessarily.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
a document is a start, but wouldn't a Grenadier WIKI be a better solution for all the technical knowledge and data, solutions, handicraft and repair instructions? I don't mean as competition to the forum, but as a supplement and repository of verified facts, without all the off-topic discussions.

I appreciate the discussions in the forum, but I imagine it will be difficult to find anything in this forum in a few years' time.

I also don't know whether such a wiki can be integrated into the forum as a reference work. In any case, it shouldn't be a competing product to your forum

What do you think @Stu_Barnes ?

Greetings Christian
Ohhhhhhh that's a great idea

Back
Top Bottom