The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Water Leaking from overhead console

Dus10R

Production/Transit
Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
Anybody else heard of this happening?
Rained last night. Get in this morning and as soon as the vehicle moved water came dripping out of the driver side interior light switch on the overhead console.

Checked the aux power cover in the center of the roof or whatever that plastic cap is and it appears to be on tight. Im guess it’s getting in from the Safari windows somehow, but they’re not leaking into the cab. So I assume it’s leaking around the seal and going into the cavity between the roof and the ceiling.

Haven’t removed the console yet but that’s next on the list.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
The cover in the center of the front portion of the roof is your GPS/Sirius antenna

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or here

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
I think it would help us all not to DIY. Otherwise, INEOS will not acknowledge the issue.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is a discussion of leaks I believe you are describing ... https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/leaking-multiple-areas.12414402/
Anybody else heard of this happening?
Rained last night. Get in this morning and as soon as the vehicle moved water came dripping out of the driver side interior light switch on the overhead console.

Checked the aux power cover in the center of the roof or whatever that plastic cap is and it appears to be on tight. Im guess it’s getting in from the Safari windows somehow, but they’re not leaking into the cab. So I assume it’s leaking around the seal and going into the cavity between the roof and the ceiling.

Dus10R

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Yep probably the exact same thing.
if my dealership was local Id report it but they’re not, they’re in Pasadena and Im in Reno. Was originally told my dealership would be Kuhn Automotive in the Bay Area but they never got opened. And they told me originally if there were problems they’d come get it. I don’t think Rusnak would do that.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep probably the exact same thing.
if my dealership was local Id report it but they’re not, they’re in Pasadena and Im in Reno.
For what it's worth, it would be a closer drive for you to head to Lyle Pearson in Boise... And not have to deal with SoCal traffic at that point.

Or, wait until later this year when, inevitably, another NorCal dealer will open

Back
Top Bottom