The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Warranty work and Maintenance/Service

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
I live over 5 hours away from the nearest dealer (which is in Dallas). Are there any other options for warranty work than returning the vehicle to the dealership? Thanks in advance!

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
I live over 5 hours away from the nearest dealer (which is in Dallas). Are there any other options for warranty work than returning the vehicle to the dealership? Thanks in advance!
My dealer is just over 3 hours away and they claim some work can be done via their mobile team. I didn't ask about specifics.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Service can be done anywhere, although the service reminder reset cannot be done without the factory tool at this time.

Warranty is done at the dealer. 5 hours is closer than many. Welcome to the forum, search around and you'll find plenty of threads about this

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here has been my interaction with Ineos Customer Service via email conversation with my last reply sent this morning-

MY WEB SUBMISSION;

Subject: Service Reset

Description:
I need to know how to reset the service reminder WITHOUT going to a dealer. I want to change my oil, as my dealer is 4 hours away. I cannot visit the dealer for service and there is no published way of resetting the service warning. Please publish instructions on how to reset the service reminder.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INEOS RESPONSE;

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

I hope this email finds you well.

Regarding your question, please contact your dealer; they should be able to assist you with resetting the service interval over the phone.

I hope this helps; have a wonderful day!

In meantime, please contact us if you require any additional support.

Thanks,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY RESPONSE;

This is 100% NOT true.
Please call any US dealer and ask for the procedures to reset the service interval.

The answer will be that it cannot be set any other way than visiting a dealer.

Please escalate this issue.

Thank you,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INEOS RESPONSE;

I apologise for the information provided yesterday; our team confirmed that the service light can only be reset using diagnostic equipment. There is no option in the vehicle settings, and this can only be performed by visiting the dealer.

I apologise again, and have a wonderful day!

In the meantime, please contact us if you require any additional support.

Thanks,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY RESPONSE;

This is absolutely unacceptable and a failure of common sense. When this information becomes public, it will severely stifle sales and jeopardize the future of the brand in the US. This needs to be remedied ASAP.

I love this vehicle and hope to keep it for a long time, but I cannot travel 4 hours for an oil change or other silly reset procedure that may pop up.

Again, this needs to be changed.

Thank you,

João Trailmaster

Forum Donor
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Here has been my interaction with Ineos Customer Service via email conversation with my last reply sent this morning-

MY WEB SUBMISSION;

Description:
I need to know how to reset the service reminder WITHOUT going to a dealer. I want to change my oil, as my dealer is 4 hours away. I cannot visit the dealer for service and there is no published way of resetting the service warning. Please publish instructions on how to reset the service reminder.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INEOS RESPONSE;

Regarding your question, please contact your dealer; they should be able to assist you with resetting the service interval over the phone.

Thanks,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY RESPONSE;

This is 100% NOT true.
Please call any US dealer and ask for the procedures to reset the service interval.

Thank you,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INEOS RESPONSE;

I apologise for the information provided yesterday; our team confirmed that the service light can only be reset using diagnostic equipment. There is no option in the vehicle settings, and this can only be performed by visiting the dealer.

Thanks,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY RESPONSE;

This is absolutely unacceptable and a failure of common sense. When this information becomes public, it will severely stifle sales and jeopardize the future of the brand in the US. This needs to be remedied ASAP.

I love this vehicle and hope to keep it for a long time, but I cannot travel 4 hours for an oil change or other silly reset procedure that may pop up.

Thank you,

Unacceptable indeed. This is exactly the kind of issue that keeps my finger hovering over the “place order” button, rather than actually pushing it.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
The service indicator can only be reset at a dealer using the diagnostics software, there is no way to do a "pump the accelerator three times and turn the lights on and off 4 times to reset" unfortunately. This has been hammered to death on more than one continent over the last year and there are several threads discussing this right now. IA know that this is a pretty large oversight and are looking into solutions. Although I suspect the aftermarket will come up with a viable option first.

What I'll be doing is keeping a note of my oil change intervals and fully itemizing what work was done and keeping receipts. When my Grenadier goes in for the annual inspection and warranty work then I'll get them to reset the service interval while I'm there.

Last edited:

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The service indicator can only be reset at a dealer using the diagnostics software, there is no way to do a "pump the accelerator three times and turn the lights on and off 4 times to reset" unfortunately. This has been hammered to death on more than one continent over the last year and there are several threads discussing this right now. IA know that this is a pretty large oversight and are looking into solutions. Although I suspect the aftermarket will come up with a viable option first.

What I'll be doing is keeping a note of my oil change intervals and fully itemizing what work was done and keeping receipts. When my Grenadier goes in for the annual inspection (which in NA you need to maintain the warranty) and warranty work then I'll get them to reset the service interval while I'm there.
I hope they come up with a solution. I am not the squeaky wheel type, but once I received the initial false response I figured I might as well press the issue a little.
I am happy to hear that they are aware and working on something.
I also will be happy to spend money on an aftermarket option, if/once available
I honestly don't know what the service reminder looks and sounds like as I am only at 5600 miles. But, if it sounds anything like the low fuel warning sound and notifies on every start, I imagine it could get annoying if you're hundreds of miles from a dealer.

I do love this vehicle and thoroughly enjoy driving it.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score

MY WEB SUBMISSION;

Description:

INEOS RESPONSE;

Thanks,
MY RESPONSE;

This is 100% NOT true.

Thank you,

INEOS RESPONSE;

Thanks,

MY RESPONSE;

Thank you,
I’m 1750 KM from my dealer so 3500 KM round trip 35 hours of drive time. And that’s the fight I’m having now. The Executive Vice President of the Americas gave me the same cut and paste answer. Live with the reminder blinking, or drive to the dealer. So basically as customers we’ve politely been told to f**k Off.

Attachments

• IMG_3651.jpeg
    IMG_3651.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    559.8 KB · Views: 14

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

What I'll be doing is keeping a note of my oil change intervals and fully itemizing what work was done and keeping receipts. When my Grenadier goes in for the annual inspection (which in NA you need to maintain the warranty) and warranty work then I'll get them to reset the service interval while I'm there.
There is no requirement to have an annual inspection for warranty. That’s not correct at all. As confirmed by Ineos. But the service reset is a huge oversight

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
I hope they come up with a solution. I am not the squeaky wheel type, but once I received the initial false response I figured I might as well press the issue a little.
I am happy to hear that they are aware and working on something.
I also will be happy to spend money on an aftermarket option, if/once available
I honestly don't know what the service reminder looks and sounds like as I am only at 5600 miles. But, if it sounds anything like the low fuel warning sound and notifies on every start, I imagine it could get annoying if you're hundreds of miles from a dealer.

I do love this vehicle and thoroughly enjoy driving it.
The service reminder is extremely annoying.
It flashes every 30 seconds or so covering the area of the screen in the red box and saying "service due in 2,000 kms" service due in 1957 kms, 1,500 kms etc etc.
Then it changes to "Service overdue by 35 kms" and on and on and on.
It also gives a bong when you first start the vehicle.

1716580557690.jpg

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The service reminder is extremely annoying.
It flashes every 30 seconds or so covering the area of the screen in the red box and saying "service due in 2,000 kms" service due in 1957 kms, 1,500 kms etc etc.
Then it changes to "Service overdue by 35 kms" and on and on and on.
It also gives a bong when you first start the vehicle.

View attachment 7857811
Yeah, that is exactly what I was picturing would occur but did not want to assume.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
There is no requirement to have an annual inspection for warranty. That’s not correct at all. As confirmed by Ineos. But the service reset is a huge oversight
I stand corrected, I must have been thinking of another market.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I’m 1750 KM from my dealer so 3500 KM round trip 35 hours of drive time. And that’s the fight I’m having now. The Executive Vice President of the Americas gave me the same cut and paste answer. Live with the reminder blinking, or drive to the dealer. So basically as customers we’ve politely been told to f**k Off.
I'd not discount hopping over the border and going to these guys https://www.curryineosgrenadier.com/

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When you were placing your oder there was the promise of using the Bosch network. Now if all the people screaming it was going to happen would come back out of the woodwork.

Back
Top Bottom