The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Useless Customer Service

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
I say that we do a conference call with all of the US forum members on the line and call each dealer one by one and ask. :ROFLMAO:
After each call without a resolution, we all take a shot. 😵‍💫:D
I’m in…wait how many dealerships are there in the states? I might be passed out after 5-6 dealer non-response😂😂🤢🤮

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Once we get the owners maintenance and service manual there will then be available suitable diagnostic tools. The two go hand in hand and Ineos are working on a resolution I understand.
Later this year I hope. 🤞🏼
I also hope so this happens sooner rather than later.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
Please if you need to contact somebody external to this site, do not post their email address, phone number or physical address unless you have been given the ok by the recipient.
The more people that complain to him, or his other country equivalents, the better.

Do you have his contact details?
Contact Info

Executive Vice President Americas

Greg Clark

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
While clearly not as fired up as the OP, I am also jack of the service reminder. I still have over 180 days to go until my service is actually due but my reminder has popped up this week saying 47 days to go, should have been reset by the dealer as part of the PDI.
The same for me. 50 days or so before due, it came up. Now saying 56 days overdue. I have owned the vehicle one year as of this week. Service tomorrow should clear this annoying warning.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I read your post. It was not very clear, other than your BMW flex .
I just use a little book to remind me of when and what to service, on my Porsches.
Yes I can use a little book too. But I can’t stop the stupid truck from reminding me the service is over due. I’m so glad you read what I said.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
Yes I can use a little book too. But I can’t stop the stupid truck from reminding me the service is over due. I’m so glad you read what I said.
Maybe that will help. It's a repetitive procedure, but it's better than the constant warning while driving. (thx to @Jean Mercier )

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Once we get the owners maintenance and service manual there will then be available suitable diagnostic tools. The two go hand in hand and Ineos are working on a resolution I understand.
Later this year I hope. 🤞🏼
Exactly how I operate. Having a pdf manual on my iPad and a diagnostic tool has saved my arse on more than one occasion in the bush with my discovery 2

With respect to software updates, the first major one I had did corrupt the service time remaining values. Apparently it could be fixed by Ineos remotely logging into the car and resetting a hex code. At the end of the day the dealer, just reset service reminder.

Cheers
Steve

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly how I operate. Having a pdf manual on my iPad and a diagnostic tool has saved my arse on more than one occasion in the bush with my discovery 2

With respect to software updates, the first major one I had did corrupt the service time remaining values. Apparently it could be fixed by Ineos remotely logging into the car and resetting a hex code. At the end of the day the dealer, just reset service reminder.

Cheers
Steve
I can fix the thing, with or without manuals. But when the company does something as stupid as locking you out of basic service features, and than expects you to drive 3500KM to reset the service reminder every year. Well that’s just plain stupid. There’s nothing they can do is the company line. Doesn’t matter who you speak to. That’s the end of it. They have chosen to do nothing. So now we have to hope some aftermarket computer whiz figures it out. I just want to shove a screwdriver through the screen at this point. For a rigged offroader. I’ve never seen a vehicle that makes so many dinging noises and has so many indicator lights and flashing warnings for every manner of normal driving. Ineos really screwed up the entire user interface when it comes to how they implement their software.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
If in fact a certain amount of the Grenadier's software was developed by nationals of a country whose oppressive government owns all intellectual property, it doesn't surprise me in the least that all these problems have arisen.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can fix the thing, with or without manuals. But when the company does something as stupid as locking you out of basic service features, and than expects you to drive 3500KM to reset the service reminder every year. Well that’s just plain stupid. There’s nothing they can do is the company line. Doesn’t matter who you speak to. That’s the end of it. They have chosen to do nothing. So now we have to hope some aftermarket computer whiz figures it out. I just want to shove a screwdriver through the screen at this point. For a rigged offroader. I’ve never seen a vehicle that makes so many dinging noises and has so many indicator lights and flashing warnings for every manner of normal driving. Ineos really screwed up the entire user interface when it comes to how they implement their software.
A screwdriver through the screen would certainly stop the service indicator.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There’s nothing they can do is the company line. Doesn’t matter who you speak to. That’s the end of it. They have chosen to do nothing. So now we have to hope some aftermarket computer whiz figures it out. I just want to shove a screwdriver through the screen at this point. For a rigged offroader. I’ve never seen a vehicle that makes so many dinging noises and has so many indicator lights and flashing warnings for every manner of normal driving. Ineos really screwed up the entire user interface when it comes to how they implement their software.
Rugged off roader or not, it still, unfortunately, has to follow regulations for warnings... Although I understand what you're saying.

I wouldn't put off the Ineos response as simply "they have chosen to do nothing". My following statements aren't attempting to justify the corporate decision of shipping a vehicle with the current software options, but there are other brands that have followed the same process of not having an end-user clearable service indicator in their vehicles. For some of those other brands, which almost certainly sell more vehicles annually, the aftermarket has stepped in to create tools to handle that need (just like with TPMS). For the many companies that create such tools, it is a fairly easy transition when a new model is released, as the car brand sells a wide number of vehicles that use the same factory scan tool. This lowers the overall cost of development and increases the potential return. Ineos does not use a scan tool from a different pre-existing vehicle brand (it uses Bosch Grade-X), and given the low volume of vehicles produced, decreases the likelihood that an aftermarket software company will invest the time into developing tools for it.

Additionally, I believe there are folks at Ineos that understand there is a desire (perhaps some would say a need?) for an end-user service reset, so who knows what will come in the future. These vehicles have been in owner's hands for just over a year globally, there will inevitably be changes coming down the line for all sorts of things that are realized and brought up. IMO, expecting these changes to occur within 3-6 months of being verbalized is unrealistic given the channels and processes required for any global change, especially one that isn't categorized as "essential"

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Rugged off roader or not, it still, unfortunately, has to follow regulations for warnings... Although I understand what you're saying.

I wouldn't put off the Ineos response as simply "they have chosen to do nothing". My following statements aren't attempting to justify the corporate decision of shipping a vehicle with the current software options, but there are other brands that have followed the same process of not having an end-user clearable service indicator in their vehicles. For some of those other brands, which almost certainly sell more vehicles annually, the aftermarket has stepped in to create tools to handle that need (just like with TPMS). For the many companies that create such tools, it is a fairly easy transition when a new model is released, as the car brand sells a wide number of vehicles that use the same factory scan tool. This lowers the overall cost of development and increases the potential return. Ineos does not use a scan tool from a different pre-existing vehicle brand (it uses Bosch Grade-X), and given the low volume of vehicles produced, decreases the likelihood that an aftermarket software company will invest the time into developing tools for it.

Additionally, I believe there are folks at Ineos that understand there is a desire (perhaps some would say a need?) for an end-user service reset, so who knows what will come in the future. These vehicles have been in owner's hands for just over a year globally, there will inevitably be changes coming down the line for all sorts of things that are realized and brought up. IMO, expecting these changes to occur within 3-6 months of being verbalized is unrealistic given the channels and processes required for any global change, especially one that isn't categorized as "essential"
If you had spoken to the people I’ve spoken with at the highest levels of this company, you would in fact understand when I say they don’t care. The absolute stupidity of expecting customers to spend 35/40 hours of drive time for a service indicator goes right over their heads. When the VP of the company says it’s “annoying” but the vehicle does function so just learn to “ignore” the reminder. It’s a culture from the top down. As several people have found out the standard answer is go to the dealer it’s no big deal. I’ve worked for BMW, Mercedes, FCA, Honda, Ford and frankly the upper management at IA “SUCKS” there’s no other way to put it. There is no urgency. Their priority is to sell vehicles, they need sales to make money. It’s profit driven at this point, they don’t care about the end user. They are choosing to not make a tool or manuals available. It is not an oversight.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you had spoken to the people I’ve spoken with at the highest levels of this company, you would in fact understand when I say they don’t care. The absolute stupidity of expecting customers to spend 35/40 hours of drive time for a service indicator goes right over their heads. When the VP of the company says it’s “annoying” but the vehicle does function so just learn to “ignore” the reminder. It’s a culture from the top down. As several people have found out the standard answer is go to the dealer it’s no big deal. I’ve worked for BMW, Mercedes, FCA, Honda, Ford and frankly the upper management at IA “SUCKS” there’s no other way to put it. There is no urgency. Their priority is to sell vehicles, they need sales to make money. It’s profit driven at this point, they don’t care about the end user. They are choosing to not make a tool or manuals available. It is not an oversight.
Plenty of words on here.

Here is the list of directors

Email them expressing your disappointment, it appears to be in the format of

First name.last name @ineos.com

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you had spoken to the people I’ve spoken with at the highest levels of this company, you would in fact understand when I say they don’t care.
We'll happily agree to disagree, I'm confident I've spoken to every person you have, and many others within the company (at least in the Americas), and the mentality is absolutely not to leave the customer out to dry.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
We'll happily agree to disagree, I'm confident I've spoken to every person you have, and many others within the company (at least in the Americas), and the mentality is absolutely not to leave the customer out to dry.
And what have they said to you? I’d love to know. Because the words “ignore” and “annoying” were tossed at me several times. I would absolutely love to know what concerns you covered with them and the response you got. I have described exactly what I’ve been through. You have not described one single issue you’ve raised or what comments were made.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
It be great if there was any way to get the contact info. But there is not. I’ve reached out to my dealer, to customer service. I’ve emailed Jim Radcliffe, I’ve emailed the COO, CFO. But nothing. This company is shit when it comes to customer service.
What happens if you call this number??
1717015711950.jpg

MalcolmT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've no idea about Canada, but there is no requirement in the UK/EU to use an Ineos appointed dealer for servicing.
UK service dealers are not allowed to use any parts other than Ineos parts and I was stated that using any other part would Jodie my warranty. It would help if Ineos held spares in the same country as the vehicles are sold. Ineos only have some parts in Belgium, if not in stock then you might be unlucky and have to wait over a month!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom