The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Useless Customer Service

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
I don’t know why or how we got here but Ineos needs to step up its customer service game. Here in Canada we have two dealerships, one in Ontario, and one in British Columbia. So in other words we all live 1000’s of KM’s from where our vehicles were purchased. The Ineos customer service is appalling to say the least. The inability to work with customers for solutions is beyond what would be acceptable. You can’t tell me that the brilliant minds at ineos expect people to drive 1000-2000-3000 or more KM for oil changes and regular maintenance. But yet all questions put to customer service are answers the same way. Just “take it to the dealership” I own multiple BMW’s and can service them myself. But not the Ineos, for forbid I change the oil, god forbid I want to reset the service interval, god forbid I want to install a hitch. I don’t know how they could screw this up so badly. And the total lack of any real communication is enraging.. we were sold a lie. No service manuals have been made available, no ability to do the most common service of all an oil change. And their customer service reps all tell you this with a nice polite voice. A big FU to the customer in a kind voice.

I don’t understand how more owners are t making more noise. Ineos is getting away with basically taking out money and laughing at us.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I don't agree with you, but you have to agree with me ;) ... it is NOT some idiot, it is a stupid management decision ... some managers are really NOT customer minded! 😡
Well that Idiot whoever that person is needs to fix this because I can’t drive 3 days to go get a service done.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Well that Idiot whoever that person is needs to fix this because I can’t drive 3 days to go get a service done.
I was told it is a warranty legal issue they are trying to get around.
The warranty relies on the services getting done.
Which requires proof that the services have been done by a competent person and to the required specs.
If anyone can just reset the service indicator then what proof is there that a service was actually done.
This isn't what Ineos originally wanted but like a few other things it has been forced on them.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Which requires proof that the services have been done by a competent person and to the required specs.
If anyone can just reset the service indicator then what proof is there that a service was actually done.
This isn't what Ineos originally wanted but like a few other things it has been forced on them.
I own multiple BMW’s your statement is total BUNK there’s no requirement for oil and service to be done at the dealer. In fact it’s against most countries laws. Stop believing what you read on the internet. It’s total bullshit. All you need is your receipts. My truck will be serviced at BMW how insane do you have to be to believe it’s a “warranty” thing

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I own multiple BMW’s your statement is total BUNK there’s no requirement for oil and service to be done at the dealer. In fact it’s against most countries laws. Stop believing what you read on the internet. It’s total bullshit. All you need is your receipts. My truck will be serviced at BMW how insane do you have to be to believe it’s a “warranty” thing
I was told that by Ineos, not the dealer.
So not my statement.
I may still be insane but just passing on what I was told.
They said it wasn't an Australian or UK problem but was a problem in some other countries.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Did you read my post? I can change my own oil, for crying out loud I’m a 310T Red seal truck mechanic. I CAN’T RESET THE GOD DAMNED SERVIC LIGHT BECAUSE SOME IDIOT AT INEOS MADE IT THAT WAY
Probably the same idiot who decided it needed to flash up the overdue warning every 30 seconds.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
Brother, you need to take a breath. We’re all friends here. I get your frustration, but there’s no need to take it out on members here.
Assuming the IG rep knew what they were talking about, I wonder how other dealers get around this? I agree with Falconer that someone has their head up their arse.

Hopefully the service manual will be coming out by years end, otherwise I foresee some class action law suits in IGs future.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Brother, you need to take a breath. We’re all friends here. I get your frustration, but there’s no need to take it out on members here.

Assuming the IG rep knew what they were talking about, I wonder how other dealers get around this? I agree with Falconer that someone has their head up their arse.

Hopefully the service manual will be coming out by years end, otherwise I foresee some class action law suits in IGs future.
I’m sorry but it frustrates me to no end when people believe the crap they get told by a salesman or a company rep. In most of the world companies can not deny warranty because you did your own service, or had it serviced elsewhere. As long as you service the vehicle with approved parts and on schedule they can not deny warranty. It’s 2024 not 1950. The fact one response was a how to video shows the lack of ability for people to actually read the post. Yes I’m frustrated. I have a 100k truck that’s got some of the most ridiculous lockouts ever. When I can change the oil in my M4 Competition with no issue, but can’t service my “user serviceable” grenadier. And than I get shown a how to video. It’s bloody frustrating that a handful of people have tried to reach out to Ineos. Meanwhile everyone else seems oblivious. I could have bought a G Wagon if I wanted a luxury SUV. Instead I have a grenadier that has less customer service than a Honda civic

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I’m sorry but it frustrates me to no end when people believe the crap they get told by a salesman or a company rep. In most of the world companies can not deny warranty because you did your own service, or had it serviced elsewhere. As long as you service the vehicle with approved parts and on schedule they can not deny warranty. It’s 2024 not 1950. The fact one response was a how to video shows the lack of ability for people to actually read the post. Yes I’m frustrated. I have a 100k truck that’s got some of the most ridiculous lockouts ever. When I can change the oil in my M4 Competition with no issue, but can’t service my “user serviceable” grenadier. And than I get shown a how to video. It’s bloody frustrating that a handful of people have tried to reach out to Ineos. Meanwhile everyone else seems oblivious. I could have bought a G Wagon if I wanted a luxury SUV. Instead I have a grenadier that has less customer service than a Honda civic
I hear you and can empathize. I don’t have my truck yet and these stories make me consider taking a pass until IG gets their stuff straight.

Question. On your M4, can you clear/reset the service reminder at home? Do you have to buy a diagnostic tool to do it?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been brought up before but after reading this post, I started looking around and found this OBDII which allegedly works on the IG🤷🏻‍♂️. Can anyone confirm?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3aIv-u16U
I think I have this right: the autophix9000 may well read generic codes. What the spruiker in the vid. clip is effectively saying is that the Autophix9000 "talks"to the Grenadier (so does my bluetooth dongle with the Android Torque app). What he doesn't say is whether the product will read Grenadier-specific codes and whether it will clear codes -generic and Grenadier-specific. (my Torque app does not).
To the best of my understanding there are currently no scanners with that capability other than the IG Dealer-specific laptops. There was a comment elsewhere that while some code clearing capability might be available for US models, that capability seems to have been "turned off" by Ineos for vehicles sold in the Australia/NZ market.
We wait in anticipatory frustration!🤬

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Did you read my post? I can change my own oil, for crying out loud I’m a 310T Red seal truck mechanic. I CAN’T RESET THE GOD DAMNED SERVIC LIGHT BECAUSE SOME IDIOT AT INEOS MADE IT THAT WAY
Yes I read your post. It was not very clear, other than your BMW flex .
I just use a little book to remind me of when and what to service, on my Porsches.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
While clearly not as fired up as the OP, I am also jack of the service reminder. I still have over 180 days to go until my service is actually due but my reminder has popped up this week saying 47 days to go, should have been reset by the dealer as part of the PDI.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I truly feel yr pain!! Judging from the comments from the couple of dozen people at the "tech tour" in Brisbane and the informal chatter later, there was palpable frustration which was clearly made known to the snr Ineos folk who attended... I suspect they have their own frustration trying to get the message back to head office...
Pardon my asking: Have you tried contacting the head honcho for the North American market?

Back
Top Bottom