The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Useless Customer Service

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
I think I have this right: the autophix9000 may well read generic codes. What the spruiker in the vid. clip is effectively saying is that the Autophix9000 "talks"to the Grenadier (so does my bluetooth dongle with the Android Torque app). What he doesn't say is whether the product will read Grenadier-specific codes and whether it will clear codes -generic and Grenadier-specific. (my Torque app does not).
To the best of my understanding there are currently no scanners with that capability other than the IG Dealer-specific laptops. There was a comment elsewhere that while some code clearing capability might be available for US models, that capability seems to have been "turned off" by Ineos for vehicles sold in the Australia/NZ market.
We wait in anticipatory frustration!🤬
I left them a question/comment. I can’t imagine it would work because word would have spread by now, but stranger things have happened🤞🏻🤞🏻

They’re in your backyard, go pay them a visit. Only 18hrs drive from Brisbane😂😂

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sent in a question on the Ineos website asking how to reset the service reminder, in that I am not driving 4 hours for the dealer to do it.

The response was for me to call the dealer and that the dealer would tell me how to reset it over the phone. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
Check out this still current job listing for Ineos Automotive on the main Ineos corporate website (first posted 28th November 2023). Maybe even Ineos don't know how to reset the service reminder and they are still looking for an engineer who can figure out how to write the code:
https://careers.ineos.com/jobs/module-engineer-diagnostic_15305/details

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
I truly feel yr pain!! Judging from the comments from the couple of dozen people at the "tech tour" in Brisbane and the informal chatter later, there was palpable frustration which was clearly made known to the snr Ineos folk who attended... I suspect they have their own frustration trying to get the message back to head office...
Pardon my asking: Have you tried contacting the head honcho for the North American market?
It be great if there was any way to get the contact info. But there is not. I’ve reached out to my dealer, to customer service. I’ve emailed Jim Radcliffe, I’ve emailed the COO, CFO. But nothing. This company is shit when it comes to customer service.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Apparently when you contact customer service you are not dealing with an Ineos representative. It is outsourced to a company that deals with customer services for many other manufacturers as well. Only when your enquiry is escalated do you get to deal with the customer service people at Ineos customer services.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Said it before and I will say it again.

The biggest threat to IA, and the Grenadier being a failure, is….Ineos Automotive themselves.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
They have no customer service that’s pretty clear.
All you get is the same non answers. It’s very clear at this point they need sales. They need to keep selling vehicles to keep the company on a path to profitability. There’s no wish to provide customer service. I’ll attach the email from The EVP of the americas. It proves that customer service is of no consequence from the top down. When you Vice President provides this level of fluff it’s a top down issue. And a culture issue.

Attachments

• IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    559.8 KB · Views: 66

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They have no customer service that’s pretty clear.
All you get is the same non answers. It’s very clear at this point they need sales. They need to keep selling vehicles to keep the company on a path to profitability. There’s no wish to provide customer service. I’ll attach the email from The EVP of the americas. It proves that customer service is of no consequence from the top down. When you Vice President provides this level of fluff it’s a top down issue. And a culture issue.

Not to speak on your behalf, but I think what I'm hearing you say is that you'd like to see Greg take ownership of some of these problems on behalf of the North America market, and work them to resolution.

The reset of the service reminder is only one of them.

I think your message, which is valuable - may be being lost in the way you are presenting these frustrations.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Not to speak on your behalf, but I think what I'm hearing you say is that you'd like to see Greg take ownership of some of these problems on behalf of the North America market, and work them to resolution.

The reset of the service reminder is only one of them.

I think your message, which is valuable - may be being lost in the way you are presenting these frustrations.
I’d like actual customer service. The service reminder being the primary issue. There’s no excuse for the type of customer service this company provides. It’s all form answers. They have no wish to provide solution.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d like actual customer service. The service reminder being the primary issue. There’s no excuse for the type of customer service this company provides. It’s all form answers. They have no wish to provide solution.
I'm not challenging you here, but when you say "customer service" what exactly do you mean? Greg has clarified that according to the Ineos Engineering team, there does not exist a way to reset the service reminder without going to a dealership. That's the state of affairs today.

I'd like to have in my hands, an Ineos or 3rd party tool, or a procedure I can execute while in the car to reset it. Those things don't exist today.

What would you like done?

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
I sent in a question on the Ineos website asking how to reset the service reminder, in that I am not driving 4 hours for the dealer to do it.

The response was for me to call the dealer and that the dealer would tell me how to reset it over the phone. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Did you happen to try calling the dealer to 'walk you through it over the phone?' Interested to know if there is an actual way they can describe it being done. Thanks for sharing your attempts.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once we get the owners maintenance and service manual there will then be available suitable diagnostic tools. The two go hand in hand and Ineos are working on a resolution I understand.
Later this year I hope. 🤞🏼

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Starts to hold breath…..
Scared Spongebob Squarepants GIF by Xbox

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once we get the owners maintenance and service manual there will then be available suitable diagnostic tools. The two go hand in hand and Ineos are working on a resolution I understand.
Later this year I hope. 🤞🏼

I do think much will open up, but I don't think it'll be the service reset capability.

PS - @DCPU - GFY

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it will be difficult to service and maintain the Grenadier such as replacing worn brake pads, blocked filters or broken lights without being able to reset fault codes. We have to wait and see I suppose. I’ll. only be doing the basics on my Grenadier if we get the owner’s workshop manual , such as oil change ,filters brake pads etc. as engine and electronics too complex for me.
As an example I used to do interim services on my 2014 defender and any maintenance whilst on travels and could reset fault codes and service reminder with a diagnostic tool. I still had a yearly service at an independent Landrover garage each year.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you happen to try calling the dealer to 'walk you through it over the phone?' Interested to know if there is an actual way they can describe it being done. Thanks for sharing your attempts.
I say that we do a conference call with all of the US forum members on the line and call each dealer one by one and ask. :ROFLMAO:
After each call without a resolution, we all take a shot. 😵‍💫:D

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not challenging you here, but when you say "customer service" what exactly do you mean? Greg has clarified that according to the Ineos Engineering team, there does not exist a way to reset the service reminder without going to a dealership. That's the state of affairs today.

I'd like to have in my hands, an Ineos or 3rd party tool, or a procedure I can execute while in the car to reset it. Those things don't exist today.

What would you like done?
What is like is A: An acknowledgment they fucked up B: An actual plan, that says we are working on it and expect to have a solution in 3-6-9-12 months.

Not “I sent a note” to the black hole that is the engineering department. They will list that as a non priority.

The last email I received was they acknowledge the warning is annoying and just to live with it.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is like is A: An acknowledgment they fucked up B: An actual plan, that says we are working on it and expect to have a solution in 3-6-9-12 months.

Not “I sent a note” to the black hole that is the engineering department. They will list that as a non priority.

The last email I received was they acknowledge the warning is annoying and just to live with it.
I think that's a reasonable set of expectations. I'm not sure how we get those expectations communicated to Greg, I'll leave that up to our gracious forum overlords.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
I had the warning in September 2023 at about 1/3 distance and time left for the next (first one in my case) scheduled service at 20000km. In December, after my first service the warning stayed on (remaining distance was correct, 20000 km)! They told me at the dealer it was a software bug and couldn't reset it on "some cars". Still wondering if this is really true!

That means I am already driving 9 months with this warning on, very annoying.
Three times, I succeeded in having the warning "off" by selecting my gasoline consumption ("current economy" - I don't understand why this is called "economy" if I am spending money, but ok ...).
But until now I didn't find the pattern of pushes to obtain it. :unsure: I always (only 3 times) succeeded while driving, and didn't concentrate in how I did it.

I think it isn't a big software solution to provide the warning when starting the car, let's say "one minute", and that it goes off for the rest of the drive. I could live with this! I can't live with the continuous flashing up of that warning, it distracts me, therefore it is a risk, although you get used to it, somehow!

I understand that the car is new, the company also. That they made some weird choices is also normal, but some issues are IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) really not difficult to solve.

Back
Top Bottom