The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Unacceptable build quality issues on delivery?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
The jacket will be like the promised service manual….
No, the jacket will come. I don't think they can keep up with production.
Mine arrived about 10 days after I took delivery of the vehicle. But you could still count the deliveries of Grenadiers on two hands.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi Hanes, I’ve been asking for weeks about the voucher for my jacket but I am told it takes 6-8 weeks after delivery of the jacket, so guess what, it is now 9 weeks since delivery so I’ll be on the phone again tomorrow
Would recommend wait a little longer, it will happen.......

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi bakepl.

I have exactly same problem re: stitching on handbrake (in fact it looks like you photographed my handbrake!!).

I got simply my wife's tweezers and pulled the thread through the other stitching loops to the last loop on the right, got long nose pliers held tight in place and put a tiny droplet of superglue to hold the end. Fixed.

Same re: filler door.
I used your method and it worked perfectly. Was able to pull through three loops and used the droplet. Fixed 2. Thanks!

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
I first spotted on Facebook a person reporting that their handbrake plastic at the top was cracked/broken. I checked closer yesterday and noticed that mine has started... (See below 👇)

20240126_181953.jpg

Suggest those with saddle leather to check theirs... Hopefully isn't common across owners.

Cheers

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I first spotted on Facebook a person reporting that their handbrake plastic at the top was cracked/broken. I checked closer yesterday and noticed that mine has started... (See below 👇)

View attachment 7841265

Suggest those with saddle leather to check theirs... Hopefully isn't common across owners.

Cheers

Similar to mine as delivered. Some have commented it's minor, don't worry about it - I didn't notice it until home and now every time I get in. But on a $120000 car and over $1000 for the saddle trim? Will let the dealer know next time it's serviced. Stitching has steadily come out and and I'll poke it back in again shortly.

handbrake plastic.jpg

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Similar to mine as delivered. Some have commented it's minor, don't worry about it - I didn't notice it until home and now every time I get in. But on a $120000 car and over $1000 for the saddle trim? Will let the dealer know next time it's serviced. Stitching has steadily come out and and I'll poke it back in again shortly.

View attachment 7841272
That looks terrible! You can see plain as day that the cap is made of cheap plastic and it is cracking and the stitching on the handle is coming undone this is really poor quality! Just think you paid extra for the fancy leather. I am sorry for your problems and hopefully Ineos can get this sorted out and replace these defective items.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7841272
Oh mate, that would bug me. Life of a Grenadier owner, and yet I still smile everytime I get to drive her out the house. I'll also add this to the list of items to fix when next visiting the dealership for work to be done.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would rather have the online repair manual!
Yes, I would prefer that too. But we will have to come to terms with the fact that it won't happen.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh mate, that would bug me. Life of a Grenadier owner, and yet I still smile everytime I get to drive her out the house. I'll also add this to the list of items to fix when next visiting the dealership for work to be done.
100%, overall a great vehicle and enjoy it thoroughly, all that I thought it would be - ecstatic actually and I'm a Toyota fanboy ;). If it was a $5000 10 yr old runabout I'd accept it as fair wear and tear but from the showroom on $120G..? It's relatively minor but see what the dealer says about this in due course. But you are right.. big smile every time I hop in... :)

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7841265

Cheers
Cheap plastic and thumbs of steel?😂😜

Seriously, thanks for pointing this out. It’s totally UNSAT.

Reactions: jwb
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
lt makes you realise just how difficult it is to design and produce a vehicle from scratch, like lneos has done.

They had no previous models to fall back on for parts, like other vehicle manufacturers.

Every tiny piece needed testing extensively, sure they tested the vehicle for thousands of hours in all terrains, and someone on "lnterior finishing" specified a plastic end cap for the hand brake lever (because other vehicles have the same part)
But nobody thought to see if it was okay when the customer specified the hand stitched leather option.
lt was of course tried to make sure it fitted. But what about after the hand brake lever had been pulled 500 times.
l bet the lnterior Design dept are crying into their coffee, having stood back and admired their work, to find that the sodding handbrake cap is cracking after a while, and the damn stitching is coming undone on the leather.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom