The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Unacceptable build quality issues on delivery?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
Minor issues discovered on delivery so far.

Has the usual warnings on main screen with bings and bongs, had the blank speedo side of main screen, had once the loud constant alarm from steering area that went away after 3 minutes. Have not driven much as completing the 12v accessories fitment - 340klm.

Chip in paint on the body in corner of window frame, (also saw exactly the same on a PTO vehicle on display).

Stitching is coming undone on handbrake leather and the handbrake also has a cracked/broken grey plastic trim adjacent to the handbrake button.

Fuel cover is crooked but looks like all others are the same.

Pinhole in vinyl of door card.

Small oil type stain on drivers seat leather but might be able to get off - might not.

Small black marks in grain of front passenger leather, perhaps colour stain is grazed off/black paint - not sure?

Jan build date just under 1000 vin.. batch and hold for long time for.... Q.A.?

As said all minor that does not affect the cars operation but given the $$$ it gives me the *&^s somewhat as it's my first new car (and if it's going to get marked, and it will, I'd rather it be me.)

Still a very solidly built vehicle for sure and has been great to work on. Looking forward to taking it away shortly. :D

View attachment 7826754View attachment 7826753 View attachment 7826769

View attachment 7826759View attachment 7826757View attachment 7826760
Hi bakepl.

I have exactly same problem re: stitching on handbrake (in fact it looks like you photographed my handbrake!!).

I got simply my wife's tweezers and pulled the thread through the other stitching loops to the last loop on the right, got long nose pliers held tight in place and put a tiny droplet of superglue to hold the end. Fixed.

Same re: filler door.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Has the usual warnings on main screen with bings and bongs, had the blank speedo side of main screen, had once the loud constant alarm from steering area that went away after 3 minutes. Have not driven much as completing the 12v accessories fitment - 340klm.

Chip in paint on the body in corner of window frame, (also saw exactly the same on a PTO vehicle on display).

Stitching is coming undone on handbrake leather and the handbrake also has a cracked/broken grey plastic trim adjacent to the handbrake button.

Small oil type stain on drivers seat leather but might be able to get off - might not.

Small black marks in grain of front passenger leather, perhaps colour stain is grazed off/black paint - not sure?

As said all minor that does not affect the cars operation but given the $$$ it gives me the *&^s somewhat as it's my first new car (and if it's going to get marked, and it will, I'd rather it be me.)

Still a very solidly built vehicle for sure and has been great to work on. Looking forward to taking it away shortly. :D

The one that would really bother me is the stitching on the handbrake lever.
You are going to see it and touch it every time you get in or out of the vehicle.
You just know it is only going to get worse.
Luckily I decided against the saddle leather option as I have the black and gray interior.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi bakepl.

I have exactly same problem re: stitching on handbrake (in fact it looks like you photographed my handbrake!!).

I got simply my wife's tweezers and pulled the thread through the other stitching loops to the last loop on the right, got long nose pliers held tight in place and put a tiny droplet of superglue to hold the end. Fixed.

Same re: filler door.
Sorry - I forgot to say that my car (1715) was completed same timing as yours but I dont have any of the other defects/issues you indicated.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The one that would really bother me is the stitching on the handbrake lever.
You are going to see it and touch it every time you get in or out of the vehicle.
You just know it is only going to get worse.
Luckily I decided against the saddle leather option as I have the black and gray interior.
The saddle leather looks stunning in the flesh , even in a grey interior.
Absolutely no regrets from me. $1000 well spent.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The saddle leather looks stunning in the flesh , even in a grey interior.
Absolutely no regrets from me. $1000 well spent.
Same. I just love it, it makes the car.

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Car delivered today.
It had the software update and there were no issues at all with any warning signs or bongs etc.
Very very happy with with car, and (this is important) the kids and my wife also love it.
My observations:
Steering is no issue. The car’s turning circle isn’t small so you have to take corners and roundabouts with a wide arc, but I didn’t have any issue with the steering itself.
Electronics: no issues at all.
Driving: I’ve not done enough to give a decent answer but it’s comfortable and agile enough.
Left foot: unlike some others I didn’t love the lack of room to stretch my left leg out, but after moving the seat up and back it wasn’t a big deal.
Speedometer position: it’s fine, no issues with where it is, it’s the same as a Tesla..If not easier to see.
Space: loads of room, loads of headroom, comfortable for sure.

It was a long wait but in a way I’m glad as some of the day 1 issue have been ironed out, and the wait only made me want it more.
Appreciate everyone’s advise and help over this forum.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Andrew, Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder. What you consider bland I consider reliable with one of the biggest dealer networks around. I find that very attractive.
Bland is never beautiful or interesting, it can be reassuring and it can be reliable and it can be safe, but it doesn’t give you the fizz.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Enjoy your blandmobile
Not just an answer to you, but in general: I really respect the decision.

If more customers did this and had the balls to say “No, INEOS!”, perhaps it would change their obvious arrogance. And I value people who act consistently. Even if the consequence is different than what I would do, or seems to be wrong in my eyes.

At least they are doing what they said they would do.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not just an answer to you, but in general: I really respect the decision.

If more customers did this and had the balls to say “No, INEOS!”, perhaps it would change their obvious arrogance. And I value people who act consistently. Even if the consequence is different than what I would do, or seems to be wrong in my eyes.

At least they are doing what they said they would do.
I completely respect the choice, bland and reliable, known and predictable is a perfectly reasonable and rational choice if thats the priority criteria for you. It doesn’t make it any less bland.

Ineosdw

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi All.
I hope this is a small thread.
Now that we are getting deliveries across the board, I was wondering if we could have a conversation about what issues forum members are noticing on their cars at the time of delivery.
This will help all of us check our vehicles for these potential issues when our cars arrive, and then we can decide whether they are acceptable or not.

We have had a few like @emax trim gap, but I am sure others could be noticing things that are a little disappointing.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, I received my ineos and it was delivered with the tire pressure error. In addition a larger defect hit within the first 800km. Either the breaks or a ball bearing is the problem I suspect. Unfortunately the dealer will not take me in to the shop until middle of January. So I have bought a new vehicle I can't drive and can't service myself because of the guarantee. One last minute issue, two of the door handle buttons have failed. Kind of a bummer.

Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
What's the issue with the vehicle that you can't use it?

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I have had the same problem with the fuel filler cap cover and during my last visit to Jardine's INEOS Sevenoaks was told it will be replaced in the next few months which is good news. Also had the driver door seal replaced at that visit and that's cured the driver footwash system 😊. So all issues are now resolved and had a good run to Cambridge yesterday from Kent, 178 miles at 29.9 mpg, so very happy

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
I have had the same problem with the fuel filler cap cover and during my last visit to Jardine's INEOS Sevenoaks was told it will be replaced in the next few months which is good news...
Until the paint doesn't match too well.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had the same problem with the fuel filler cap cover and during my last visit to Jardine's INEOS Sevenoaks was told it will be replaced in the next few months which is good news. Also had the driver door seal replaced at that visit and that's cured the driver footwash system 😊. So all issues are now resolved and had a good run to Cambridge yesterday from Kent, 178 miles at 29.9 mpg, so very happy
So there is a real seal to come for repairs!

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good to hear fuel flap to be sorted. They’ll get there in the end 😅

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Curious question from a dude, across the pond!

Did you receive your Trialmaster jacket???

I haven‘t received my jacket. I haven’t even received an email with a code, although I have paid for in full and taken delivery of my vehicle some weeks ago. Anymore here an idea whom to contact at IA about this omission?

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven‘t received my jacket. I haven’t even received an email with a code, although I have paid for in full and taken delivery of my vehicle some weeks ago. Anymore here an idea whom to contact at IA about this omission?
Same as me!

Scotsitalian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, Flewks is correct, you do need to have foot on brake before pressing side lever on auto box paddle to move fromdrive to neutral to reverse but not opposite way from reverse to drive

Back
Top Bottom