The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UHF installation

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Fantastic spot to run the cable in. Think that grommet is in the same spot on LHD? Or in a similar spot on the right/passenger side?

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score

Just to link threads - here is another way of putting radios in an IG - I put HF and U/VHF in my 2-seater using home made brackets.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fantastic spot to run the cable in. Think that grommet is in the same spot on LHD? Or in a similar spot on the right/passenger side?
I would think it exists on the driver's side of the LHD (same exact position); nothing else I can think of that should run through there differently on an LHD vs RHD... paging @Jean Mercier for his amazing LHD disassembly work....

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Here is my setup. Small unit under the dash connected to a lightforce panel
Looks very neat. Will you have an issue pressing the transmit button with the mike held in your right hand?

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's great. Looks nice and neat my OCD though would change screwed to hex like all the other panels

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Professionally done, @CBN (y) Recognized immediately, at the position of the screw heads. And yes @YIPPE , hex would be my favourite, too.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Which console did you use for the installation?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which console did you use for the installation?
They are from Lightforce in Australia, look here.

I have not worked out which of the two panels is used, this one or this one. I need to make further inquiries. The shape looks more like the first panel.

Lightforce has dealers in Europe, look here. Ask them for help.

Last edited:

Chris T

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had one installed by the Gold Coast dealer. They put the unit under the floor under the driver seat and it is wired via the connections to the internal power switch on the roof, which connects to the back 12V plug.

I have put the receiver on the side of the steering wheel (right hand drive) which is easy to reach and hear. The aerial is on the front bull bar like the video on youtube. This still leaves the front wiring connections still free.

IMG_5323.jpeg

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi CBN. I'd like to replicated this setup in my Grenadier. My electric brake controller is on its own in the same position as yours. Where did the rotary knob surround (saying electric brake) come from?
Is it a part from Lightforce? And I am assuming the panel is the small version (TY2), I want to put a USB A and USB C outlet in there as well, maybe with voltage readout.
Thanks
Pedro

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi CBN. I'd like to replicated this setup in my Grenadier. My electric brake controller is on its own in the same position as yours. Where did the rotary knob surround (saying electric brake) come from?
Is it a part from Lightforce? And I am assuming the panel is the small version (TY2), I want to put a USB A and USB C outlet in there as well, maybe with voltage readout.
Thanks
Pedro
From memory the work as done by TJM Brookvale. It looks like Lightforce buttons and panel, but I could never work out which ones.

EDIT: it is the Lightforce CBSW4TY2 fascia. The USB charging port for the panel is the CBUSBR (Ford Ranger version).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom