The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

U.S. Test Drives

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
I was told at the Overland Expo in Colorado, in August 2020, that there would be test drives in Colorado in either October or November of 2022. These did not happen, so I thought I'd ask Ineos about it.

(1) I filled out the form "Ask a question" on the Ineos website (U.S. website), but I could not submit the question because the website wouldn't recognize my zip code. I tried two different addresses - no joy.

(2) So I went to the "Contact Us" link, and filled out the question form, clicked "Submit" - again, no joy - it would not submit the question.

(3) So then I called Ineos. They told me that they have no information on whether or not there will be test drives in the U.S. before the product launch (so we may have to place an order before driving the vehicle - much like our friends in Europe & Australia). But even stranger... the guy on the phone told me that no one anywhere was getting to drive the Grenadier, and that people in Europe and Australia are only getting an opportunity to sit next to a driver from Ineos who does the driving. I told him that I had seen multiple videos of members of the public actually driving the Grenadier, while the Ineos Rep. sat in the passenger seat. He checked with his manager, and came back and stuck to his original claim that no member of the public has driven a Grenadier. The phone call was very cordial, and I politely let him know that his information was out of date.

If you are keeping score, that is two website failures, and one customer service failure. Its a good thing they've got Magna making the vehicle.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
I was told at the Overland Expo in Colorado, in August 2020, that there would be test drives in Colorado in either October or November of 2022. These did not happen, so I thought I'd ask Ineos about it.

(1) I filled out the form "Ask a question" on the Ineos website (U.S. website), but I could not submit the question because the website wouldn't recognize my zip code. I tried two different addresses - no joy.

(2) So I went to the "Contact Us" link, and filled out the question form, clicked "Submit" - again, no joy - it would not submit the question.

(3) So then I called Ineos. They told me that they have no information on whether or not there will be test drives in the U.S. before the product launch (so we may have to place an order before driving the vehicle - much like our friends in Europe & Australia). But even stranger... the guy on the phone told me that no one anywhere was getting to drive the Grenadier, and that people in Europe and Australia are only getting an opportunity to sit next to a driver from Ineos who does the driving. I told him that I had seen multiple videos of members of the public actually driving the Grenadier, while the Ineos Rep. sat in the passenger seat. He checked with his manager, and came back and stuck to his original claim that no member of the public has driven a Grenadier. The phone call was very cordial, and I politely let him know that his information was out of date.

If you are keeping score, that is two website failures, and one customer service failure. Its a good thing they've got Magna making the vehicle.
Maybe they don't realise that in Australia the driver sits on the right hand side of the vehicle
Same in UK and SA
I have to admit that having ordered one and paid the full deposit of AUD$5,000, but never having seen one, I was pretty concerned that I would be greatly disappointed by it's on-road performance and real world looks.
With no test drives anywhere near me planned at the time I flew across the country and checked into my hotel on Tuesday with a 3 day wait until I could see/drive one on Thursday afternoon .
I walked out of my hotel to the carpark on Wednesday morning to see this in front of me and discover the Ineos team were staying in the same hotel
Yes that is me reflected in the headlights taking the picture.
I spent so long looking around, under and over it that I was concerned someone would call the cops.

1671494033507.jpeg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score

If you are keeping score, that is two website failures, and one customer service failure. It's a good thing they've got Magna making the vehicle.
I would have said " apparently you believe in the multiverse because in my world we have youtube and forums. In those youtube videos and forums, ppl share their experience driving the Grenadier."

Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Read this tread and decided to try sending an email through Canada site, "get in touch" page. Submitted, but didnt go through.

Best I could get out of "chat" was:
- US/Can share launch timing
- early 2023 more info to be released. Should incl info re US/Can test drives
- no definite info that drive will be avail before next deposit
- pick up model decision TBA 2023

Back
Top Bottom